Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V What don't you like about your CT5-V Blackwing?

CT5-V Model
1. Hold ignition button for 5 seconds without touching brake or clutch. Car will go into ‘ignition on’ allowing you to change everything as though the car was running.

2. My ‘My Mode’ is set to stealth. I leave daily at 0510 and start the car in the garage while the wife is still asleep.

3. Let’s be honest, everyone should be using ‘V Mode’ for the burbles. Set it to track exhaust. When you start you will be in tour mode by default if you turned off in v mode.

4. Immediately after pressing the start button press the v mode button. Valves will open before the car starts giving you a track mode startup

Anyone else noticed the passenger seat rattling? I have to be careful how it’s positioned or else it does this plastic on plastic like rattle on the slightest road imperfection. I do have the CF backs and this is a recent issue.

Hey, I know this is an old thread but did you have any luck resolving this? I have the same rattle/buzz from the pass CF seatback and its driving me nuts. I have also not had any luck in disassembling it as per the service manual.

Hey, I know this is an old thread but did you have any luck resolving this? I have the same rattle/buzz from the pass CF seatback and its driving me nuts. I have also not had any luck in disassembling it as per the service manual.
This may sound nuts...

I had similar rattle...was 100% certain it was the top of the seat back or the head rest. Turned out it was the alcantara headliner that had come loose from a couple of clips right above the seat. Pressed them back into place and the rattle went away (and has not returned).

7000 miles since January 2024 on a CT5-BW. I got it with 6 miles on the odo. Cross-country trips, regional runs, and a couple track days so far. No real dislikes but here are a few things I've noticed:
  • The gas tank is way too small
  • I outrun my headlights at night - even with brights on, they don't project far enough
  • My vehicle's paint quality is/was sooo bad (debris, dent, overspray, poor factory rework, panel alignment issues, even a panel with no metal flake :ROFLMAO:)
  • The C-pillar teardrop shape is just a cover (ref: a Honda Accord's is glass)
  • The animations between Tour/V-Sport/PTM are fun but it's too slow
  • The 2024 anniversary splash screen is awkward across the separate instrument panel and display but will be nice 2025+
  • The front intake piping is rubbing the hood insulation a bit
  • I'd prefer rev-match always on
  • There is no adaptive cruise control with the manual transmission which is a huge wtf and makes me want to jailbreak the car to hack it in &$#(!&$#*@(
  • The lane keep assist is weak - let me lane center!
  • The sun visors don't have extensions to catch the rear third of the driver's side window
  • Using the video rearview mirror shows some headlights or construction signs flashing
  • The rear view mirror in non-camera mode doesn't adjust up enough for me
  • The rear and side view dimmers are hypersensitive and won't work with radar/laser detectors or dashcams mounted to the center windshield (I fixed this by stealth mounting everything)
  • Different light panels dim at different rates (most noticeable is the OnStar not dimming)
  • The instrument panel nav and audio displays are worthless when using CarPlay
  • None of the clock displays are ideal (e.g. they take another tile's place or is small w/in CarPlay
  • I was bummed about no music pause/mute button on the steering wheel until someone here said the phone hang-up button does exactly that
  • I got 20+ MPG across the country but get 8 MPG now that I'm daily driving it
Other than the paint and lack of adaptive cruise control w/ a manual, nothing upsetting. Positives that come to mind:
  • The thing rips and makes me feel good driving it - I love the car
  • It's heavy and has lots of horsepower and is exactly what I was looking for
  • It drives like an extension of me
  • Its ESC and eDiff are feats of engineering
  • The performance seats are set up great for a helmet/HANS device
  • The seat heating/cooling/massaging is great
  • Perfect blend of button and display controls
  • Once adjusted a bit, the stereo has high sound quality
Things I go back and forth on:
  • It'd be nice to have a few more Blackwing-specific panels and features
  • It's got a subtle presence when in stealth mode, but others have freaked when they realize what it is, taking videos at car washes or pictures on the freeway
  • Engine noise amplified through speakers
I'll probably add more to this later.

Human factors design is so interesting .. I’m 6’4” and proportional and they’re perfect for me. You did remind me the steering wheel doesn’t adjust back toward the driver enough for me though. Cheers!

One thing at the forefront of my mind is the damn steering wheel stalks. WHY are they so damn high on the column?? 🤬🤬
I think they are positioned there purposefully for tracking the car which puts them set back off the wheel Hugely and higher up in position too.

This may sound nuts...

I had similar rattle...was 100% certain it was the top of the seat back or the head rest. Turned out it was the alcantara headliner that had come loose from a couple of clips right above the seat. Pressed them back into place and the rattle went away (and has not returned).

I wish this was my case but it's definitely the pass seat back, I can rest my hand on the back and the noise stops.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back