Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V What don't you like about your CT5-V Blackwing?

CT5-V Model
The blinker stalk feels flimsy, and it is in an odd location. I cannot remember any other vehicle where i had to reach for it.

Also annoying is the fact that MyMode survives ignition cycles only if it remains unchanged. If you switch to V-Mode, the next ignition defaults back to Tour instead of MyMode.

But I love the car. The gray/black/red piping seats look great. I'm also very happy the red calipers are very close the the red color of the car. I expected much worse.

• The parking brake button location is annoying, sure, but my bigger gripe is that there is a big delay in its engagement and release. It seems like I am always having to hit it again to release it or it says I took my foot off the brake too soon.
This took me forever and some reading on here to figure out, but if you just breathe on the throttle the parking brake will auto-release. I was used to pulling out of spaces using no gas whatsoever, but was having to press the button to release the brake, which as you've found is a huge hassle.

Ok, it is time to clean this thread.

There are some things that don't need to be publicly posted and that's why these forums have private messaging functionality.

I am deleting posts that have nothing to do with this thread...

Thanks for the tip Marfan - it worked for me today. I have seen it stick before, so wonder if there's a trick to it........

I am also very thankful there's no direction needed for the e-brake button. Its a simple toggle. Many other cars are extremely frustrating because set or release only work in a certain direction, yet there's no visible indicator for which is which.

There are some things that don't need to be publicly posted and that's why these forums have private messaging functionality.

This will be the non-nuclear option (unlike some other thread from the past)? 🤭

Rob, the thought of doing this sounds exhausting, good luck with this one!

Just to help alleviate this issue in the future, anything in particular or could you provide examples or subjects we should stay clear of mentioning?

Just to help alleviate this issue in the future, anything in particular or could you provide examples or subjects we should stay clear of mentioning?
Just don't post personal attacks

Schtupping people’s mothers is probably a subject that we should stay clear of. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Schtupping people’s mothers is probably a subject that we should stay clear of. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Oh yeah... That old chestnut.
Edit:
For the record, I see your point. If that comment is taken to offensive by any member that's where the line should be drawn. I don't condone unbecoming behavior.

Last edited:
BLeave my mother out of this! 😁
beavis-butthead.gif

Last edited:
The blinker stalk feels flimsy, and it is in an odd location. I cannot remember any other vehicle where i had to reach for it.
One other thing about the blinker: Why on earth is there a delay between flipping the signal stalk and the blinker actually coming on? I've seen a few Cadillacs and the C8 Vette do this. I'm so used to the blinker coming on IMMEDIATELY. Seems like it'd take some adjusting to.

I'm at 2 weeks and 400 miles. Let's call this the initial pre-break-in list.
  1. Turning radius is pitiful. Constant annoyance when parking and maneuvering. Thank goodness for all the awesome cameras.
  2. No option for audible blind spot alert. Most cars make a sound or at least have that option, but somehow Cadillac doesn't even though it would be a dead simple software tweak. A quarter-sized light in the mirror 5 feet away from me is not very helpful.
  3. No adaptive cruise with manual. VW and Honda have figured this out with $30-40k manual GTIs and Civic Type Rs, so it would be great if a $100k Cadillac could adopt this feature.
  4. Walk-away lock notification is either just flashing lights (annoying to watch for) or a blaring honk which btw sounds like any other honk in the parking lot. I'm not sure why automakers in general haven't enabled greater customization here.
  5. Small trunk.
  6. Small gas tank. The same 17.0gal used in the 235hp 2.0L 4-cyl base model, for a 668hp 6.2L S/C V8? They really couldn't find any extra room??
  7. Can't change exhaust volume before starting up. If you turned if off last night in My Mode with the loudest setting, you're now waking up your neighbors at 5am. If you turned it off coming into Cars & Coffee in a tame mode, you're not gonna get the full volume when you leave. Come to think of it, a lot of the customization settings seem to require the engine to be on - why?
Mind you, the "pros" list even pre-break-in is far, far longer and of greater magnitude. Absolutely love the thing. In fact, let's balance it out with the positive surprises in the first couple weeks (not that it's fast or it looks cool, I knew those things already and that's why I bought it).
  1. The shifter is probably my biggest surprise. It is actually better than my Civic Type R's. Feels incredibly good - light, direct, cooperative - especially for something harnessing so much torque. The clutch isn't even that heavy.
  2. Even in tamer modes and with the engine warm, each startup is delightfully spirited.
  3. Having never ridden in a mag ride car before except an NSX, I was expecting great things but this is a game-changer. Absolutely incredible ride and handling tradeoff which is so critical to a great car, especially a great sports sedan. Makes my wife's 2013 Merc C350 feel like an oxcart even on its small 17"s.
  4. Even as a most anti-automotive-tech guy, the numerous parking cameras and camera mirror are super handy.
  5. Frankly, gas mileage is not THAT bad. It's no worse than my 2001 M5 (4.9L V8, 400hp, 3,900lbs) or 2011 M3 (4.0L V8, 414hp, 3,600lbs), in fact better than the M3 which I could never get more than 20mpg even on strictly highway. Considering the 5BW has as much torque as both of those COMBINED, it's a reasonable price to pay.

Yeah........gas capacity is a HUGE let-down. My ZL1 has about the same range as my motorcycles.........which is around 200 miles........about 2/3 of a normal car.

I knew this car would not go very far on one gallon, but I was hoping it would hold more gallons for a more convenient total range. Unfortunately it has inherited this from the Camaro as well. :(

EVs have range anxiety. Good ol' dino juice burners do too when they're in the middle of nowhere and the next gas station (that may be closed) is over 150 miles away. Maybe not a big deal in CA or New England, but Texas is a huge place.........

Yeah mine is above 55 mph and it increases as speeds increase. Definitely some kind of wind noise to your point but manifests as a weird buzzing. One of the guys here or on FB said the dealer replaced their front window and the noise went away.

I am about to lose my mind with the f'ing buzzing. It is totally ruining the experience of this vehicle for me.

Can't change exhaust volume before starting up.
wellllllllll, actually........ I've been able to change MyMode settings prior to startup. I've done the following procedure several times in order to accomplish this. Haven't scientifically verified if it moves the valves prior to startup or not.

1) Push start button without pressing both brake and clutch - I usually press brake only and start button (not sure why my brain decided to do this, I think I've done no pedals also). This turns on Acc mode- Dash turns on. Center Screen turns on.
2) Press Mode Up/Down and select My Mode - It comes up on the Center Screen and you can edit the settings prior to startup. So, at least you can change the settings. Not sure when those settings take effect-before, during, after startup, but certainly My Mode should persist to the settings you've just set it to prior to startup.

Explanation for those detail oriented folks- I back into my garage. So, a cold start is loud as HELLFUCK in the garage, and I imagine it's pretty loud in the rest of the house (I'll test this soon by leaving my phone recording in my office, which is sharing the wall the exhaust points at). Some mornings I leave at 4:35am and I'm selfish so I drive the BW. Usually, on those mornings, I've previously considered this and put MyMode in Stealth exhaust (I'll test this noise level soon too by leaving my phone recording in my office when I know I've left it on stealth mode). When I know I forgot (not sure why my brain even considers this and remembers this early in the morning, but hey details folks), I have tried and figured out the above procedure.

You could just change to tour mode prior to turning the car off. Then (I think) it'll start in tour mode with quiet (er) exhaust. Or change "my mode" to stealth or tour. It'll always start in my mode

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back