Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V What don't you like about your CT5-V Blackwing?

CT5-V Model
I wear the black umbertos... they work fine on the touchscreen for me... depending on your hand size and glove fit YMMV

Thanks. I was talking about fire rated track gloves. I usually wear OMP and my old set must’ve had something in them to work with a touch screen but my new set doesn’t. Just a little thing and I don’t really expect GM to change it.

I would agree with many of the minor nit picks in this thread in particular:

1. Turning radius was a surprise when I had to do my first U-turn.

2. Rev match should be tied into my mode and v mode I am sure I will get used to pressing the button but seems that this would have been an easy thing to integrate into the drive modes.

3. Reflection from the white stitching on dash reflects onto windshield.

4. Interior materials could be slightly better on door cards and under dash.

5. Rear seating area is spartan. Heated rear seats as well as nicer materials for center rear console.

Overall the car is an absolute home run and these small negatives are more than forgettable given the phenomenal drivetrain.

Other things include the HUD being fairly limited in function. The BMW M Hud is much bigger and shows much more info by comparison.

Tour mode on the digital display has such a small tach display that it makes that mode useless for manual cars. Sport display is by far the best one since it mimics an analog display.

I'd love to have just a mode that shows two analog like displays but unfortunately that doesn't exist.

Also heard room is surprisingly limited given how good leg room is.

Not being able to edit the cluster color. C’mon man, it’s a digital cluster in 2022, my Mustang even had a MyColor feature.

Zero blackwing emblems anywhere on the car. No wording anywhere inside. They coulda did something for the BW.

No exhaust only mode control. Give me an exhaust track mode option so I can leave the valves wide open all the time!

I've only had the car 3 days, buuuuut...

Can't get the right seat position. It doesn't go low enough/ the steering wheel doesn't come back enough. I'm only 6'0'', and my knees are either in the dash, or I'm stretching for the wheel. I like to really be up on the wheel like Dale Earnhardt Jr., but that doesn't seem possible, so it's only Detroit lean for now.

Other things include the HUD being fairly limited in function. The BMW M Hud is much bigger and shows much more info by comparison.

This threw me off too. I thought I was doing something wrong. The XT5 HUD is way more usable. The CT5 HUD in Tour by comparison is practically useless. That said, revs and speed are good enough to get the job done.

Tour mode on the digital display has such a small tach display that it makes that mode useless for manual cars. Sport display is by far the best one since it mimics an analog display.

I'd love to have just a mode that shows two analog like displays but unfortunately that doesn't exist.

Also heard room is surprisingly limited given how good leg room is.
Tons of headroom if you don’t get the stupid sunroof

Those complaining about the lack of blower whine might not have it as bad as they think. I was cruising this weekend a little and eventually got to a stop light only to be told by a car full of kids that they loved the whine when I flew past them. I'd still take more..

You don't lose any headroom...if you stick your head in the sunroof hole.
^ this. for me to do that I gotta lean over, which I don't want to have to do on a car i'm spending nearly 100 grand on. i'd guestimate 1.5-2" on the sides where the tracks come down is how much you lose.

You don't lose any headroom...if you stick your head in the sunroof hole.

1607716150502.png

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners