Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V What don't you like about your CT5-V Blackwing?

CT5-V Model
Does your car have a sunroof? What are some things that are big improvements over the SS?
Well its hard to know where to start. Actually it's easy:

1) Power, Power and MOAR POWAAR! The SS was great but the 5BW is phenomenal!

2) The A10 is so responsive, so smooth when needed, and can really bark off the shifts when you get on it.

3) The adjustable MRC. My SS was a 2014 so it didn't have MRC.

4) The configurable modes to get the car to react exactly the way you want.

5) The throttle response. On the SS, I had a Livernois tune but still wasn't quite happy with how the car reacted until I put a Vitesse throttle controller on it. For the 5BW, no need for that!

6) The tech bronze wheels. I just love the way they look against the blue. My SS was black with the stock polished wheels and I kept all of the chrome plastic bits. So that look was OK but was aging. If I couldn't get a 5BW my plan was to keep the SS but black out all the chrome, and put some bronze wheels on it - going for this kind of a look:

Capture.JPG

7) I like the dual pane sunroof but to be honest if I had to do it over again, I would skip the sunroof in the hopes of getting some more rear headroom.

8) The front view camera. On the SS I definitely relied on the front parking sensors and increasing beeps to help know where the car is at. The camera is even better.

9) The surround vertical view that fuses all the cameras together.

10) The surround video recorder is also way cool, hope I never really need to use it but great to know it is there if I need it. I did not get the PDR.

11) Built in wireless phone charging

12) Apple Carplay. I got used to this in the rentals I drive when on business travel and missed it at home.

13) I use the adaptive cruise in stop-n-go traffic. Other than that I pretty much leave all of other electronic driving aids off.

14) Did I say the LT4 is awesome???

Last edited:
I may be in the minority, but I wish the clutch pedal was a little heavier.
Haha, just picked my 5BW up today and I’m also used to a heavier clutch (my Jeep). Stalled it 3 times in the first 5 minutes. After that I was good to go. There is hardly any take-up, that’s mostly what caught me off-guard. The 6M is pretty damn sweet!

Haha, just picked my 5BW up today and I’m also used to a heavier clutch (my Jeep). Stalled it 3 times in the first 5 minutes. After that I was good to go. There is hardly any take-up, that’s mostly what caught me off-guard. The 6M is pretty damn sweet!
Yup same here ...stalled it twice, had to get used to that clutch take up point

Yup same here ...stalled it twice, had to get used to that clutch take up point

Clutch threw me off terribly at first as well lol. Once used to it the trans is so good. Seems much smoother than the version I had in my Camaro

Clutch threw me off terribly at first as well lol. Once used to it the trans is so good. Seems much smoother than the version I had in my Camaro
How many miles do you have on it? Brand new, the shifter was very smooth, but now with 500 miles I can already start to notice the (only very slightly) crunchy feeling 2nd gear that the TR6060 is known for.

How many miles do you have on it? Brand new, the shifter was very smooth, but now with 500 miles I can already start to notice the (only very slightly) crunchy feeling 2nd gear that the TR6060 is known for.
5,500 miles and 2 track days so far

I'm at over 1k miles and the first one or two shifts into 2nd from a cold start have this behavior. It's only 70 degrees in the morning right now. Hopefully it's not unbearable in the winter.

I find that with the Tremecs, the shifting technique popularized on the Corvette forum helps alot. Works for my c5 z06 and works for the blackwing.

On the 1-2 upshift, use the index long and ring fingers to cup the shifter at the front and pull straight back. Don't wrap your thumb around the side. Don't try to exert any force side to side. I feel the human tendency is to push the shifter to the left, to avoid going into 4th gear from 1st. Doing the cupping method avoids this and helps for less 1 to 2 grind.

I find that with the Tremecs, the shifting technique popularized on the Corvette forum helps alot. Works for my c5 z06 and works for the blackwing.

On the 1-2 upshift, use the index long and ring fingers to cup the shifter at the front and pull straight back. Don't wrap your thumb around the side. Don't try to exert any force side to side. I feel the human tendency is to push the shifter to the left, to avoid going into 4th gear from 1st. Doing the cupping method avoids this and helps for less 1 to 2 grind.
Thank you for this info!

Based on my 7 minute drive home, this seemed to actually make a difference. Will try this method in the morning.

Getting an annoying buzzing sound by the driver side window or headliner area (not sure) at highway speeds. Loud music will drown it out but since it's right by my ear it is annoying

Getting an annoying buzzing sound by the driver side window or headliner area (not sure) at highway speeds. Loud music will drown it out but since it's right by my ear it is annoying
I have the exact same thing. I noticed it the first time I went on the highway. It’s quite odd because it’s at a fairly high frequency for a rattle. At first I thought it was noise coming from the speaker on the a-pillar.

I plan to eventually take it to the dealer. If you find anything out please PM me.

I have the exact same thing. I noticed it the first time I went on the highway. I plan to eventually take it to the dealer. If you find anything out please PM me.
Yes will do....taking it in on Friday for this and other stuff...wheel well liner fasteners missing, car pulling to the right and porpoising in second and third gear at lower rpm when engine is cold

Last edited:
Anyone else noticed the passenger seat rattling? I have to be careful how it’s positioned or else it does this plastic on plastic like rattle on the slightest road imperfection. I do have the CF backs and this is a recent issue.

Anyone else noticed the passenger seat rattling? I have to be careful how it’s positioned or else it does this plastic on plastic like rattle on the slightest road imperfection. I do have the CF backs and this is a recent issue.
None here so far

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners