Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V What don't you like about your CT5-V Blackwing?

CT5-V Model
Wonder if it’s epa related
Probably sound related. Let's just be happy we don't have CAGS skip shift. Fun fact, the fast Teslas had to have Continental* make a bespoke tire that reduced tire noise since it was failing noise requirements on the full power acceleration tests.

I dont like having to turn on the rev matching every time I turn the car on.

I noticed the oddly-distant turn signal stalk in my test drive of a non-BW CT4. How annoying is this exactly? Is it something you find yourself getting used to, because it struck me as very irritating during my test drive.

I noticed the oddly-distant turn signal stalk in my test drive of a non-BW CT4. How annoying is this exactly? Is it something you find yourself getting used to, because it struck me as very irritating during my test drive.
you don't get used to it. It's an awkward reach every time. I'm not sure people with smaller hands could even reach without removing their hand from the steering wheel

you don't get used to it. It's an awkward reach every time. I'm not sure people with smaller hands could even reach without removing their hand from the steering wheel
Well that's discouraging, as I don't have particularly large hands. What a dumb ergonomic misstep, like seriously, why?

I suppose they expect one to wear driving gloves all the time. That’s the best reason I can think of, so the stalk has no way of interfering with driving.

I don't notice this condition - this signal stalk - on my 4, and thought maybe it only applied to the 5. Maybe it is a GM thing? I have had 4 GM trucks in and never had the issue there either. I guess on other brands they must sit closer.

IDK if there is some sort of depth difference in the steering wheel of a regular 5V opposed to a 5VBW, but I haven't noticed any turn signal stalk issue with my 5V (coming from previous ATS).

I don't notice this condition - this signal stalk - on my 4, and thought maybe it only applied to the 5. Maybe it is a GM thing? I have had 4 GM trucks in and never had the issue there either. I guess on other brands they must sit closer.
I notice it on my 4BW, noticed it on the XT4 loaner I had. I have to stretch my hand further than on other cars. I actually keep pressing the auto high beam button by accident due to the long reach

I have no issues reaching the stalk from the wheel but I'm also built silly with big hands.

What a dumb ergonomic misstep, like seriously, why?
I just kind of assumed GM had to move the stalks to make room for the paddle shifters.

I just kind of assumed GM had to move the stalks to make room for the paddle shifters.
That was my assumption as well until you realize other cars have paddle shifters and stalks within reach. For what it's worth, i felt the shifters are mounted awkwardly on the XT4 as well

Mine is a manual, maybe it sits closer. I really have no issue reaching it and never would have wondered about it had I not read it here. But again, I have had many GMs, maybe they are all positioned further out compared to other brands.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back