Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V What Don't You Like About Your CT4-V Blackwing

Cadillac CT4-V model
It's the dif between 'boost' and 'vacuum' and GM isn't the only manufacturer that displays it this way as that's what hg indicates, instead of converting it to some -psi value.

I think it's more obvious as such when off boost cause you have more time to look around, as opposed to being on boost when you're caning it and should be eyes up.
Correct. Millimeters of mercury is the metric unit of vacuum (inches of mercury is imperial), so all boost gauges read that way when the engine is not in boost. Measuring vacuum is a good diagnostic way of looking for leaks.

1660664220449.png

The parking brake automatically releases if you try to drive off.

I realized this after a few days with the car. Maybe this is a stupid question, but is there anything "bad" about doing it this way? I quite like it. Lol.

The position of the brake to accelerator makes it impossible for me to heel toe.

Too far apart?
The difference in height is too great. When I press on the brake then slide my heel over to blip the accelerator it's not there. It feels like the brake position is "too high." Only seen one other guy in this thread mention this. Anyone else have this issue?

The difference in height is too great. When I press on the brake then slide my heel over to blip the accelerator it's not there. It feels like the brake position is "too high." Only seen one other guy in this thread mention this. Anyone else have this issue?

Size 13 shoes, so I tend to have the opposite issue....

Doesn't work for me either. Gave up trying to do it the first week I had the car. The brake lever needs to be adjustable.

This was a known issue with my old Focus RS. Opinions were split - some said that it was intentional, when driving hard/on track, the brake pedal would be depressed enough to properly heel and toe (perhaps @poor-sha can comment regarding our cars?). Some said it was a symptom of the economy car roots.

Regardless, there were some enterprising folks that made CNC aluminum spacers that bolted in right underneath the gas pedal - with pedal by wire it was a 10 minute job even for a hack like me. Solved the issue perfectly for street driving.

blackanodizedpedalspacer_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:
This was a known issue with my old Focus RS. Opinions were split - said that it was intentional, when driving hard/on track, the brake pedal would be depressed enough to properly heel and toe (perhaps @poor-sha can comment regarding our cars?). Some said it was a symptom of the economy car roots.

Regardless, there were some enterprising folks that made CNC aluminum spacers that bolted in right underneath the gas pedal - with pedal by wire it was a 10 minute job even for a hack like me. Solved the issue perfectly for street driving.

blackanodizedpedalspacer_1024x1024.jpg
That's a good idea. was going to try the wife's heels next....

It's a weak 'dislike' and more a wha? But I tried the angled wing mirrors when reversing and it felt like being in a funhouse. Super weird IMHO. I try and make as much space between me and my neighbour as I can, so thought I'd try it... erm ya no.

The parking brake automatically releases if you try to drive off. In fact it's key to the hill start feature. On a hill set the parking break, then drive off to release it with no roll back... so says the owner's manual.

Doesn't the boost guage change if when you set the English or metric units?

The parking sensors on these new cars all seem to have to learn when I'm parking. I didn't realize I pull into parking spaces so fast. The ones on our Murano don't operate at anything over 3mph. Half the time they don't kick on until I'm almost parked and shutting down the car lol.
How do you get the parking brake to consistently release? I did notice that when I first drove the car but more often than not it doesn't let me go (forward or reverse) whether or not I use the throttle. I stalled it yesterday just testing it out. So hence I always just push the button.

Also, the Lexus I had always had the parking brakes go off whenever I got close to something. It didn't need to learn. I don't think this is a "new car" issue... I think they should just give a dedicated screen like the Driver Assist screen show parking sensors anytime you are going less than 5mph.

Does anyone else have a rough idle? I'm not sure if mine counts as rough but it does fluctuate in RPMs at idle which makes me wonder...

How do you get the parking brake to consistently release? I did notice that when I first drove the car but more often than not it doesn't let me go (forward or reverse) whether or not I use the throttle. I stalled it yesterday just testing it out. So hence I always just push the button.

Also, the Lexus I had always had the parking brakes go off whenever I got close to something. It didn't need to learn. I don't think this is a "new car" issue... I think they should just give a dedicated screen like the Driver Assist screen show parking sensors anytime you are going less than 5mph.

Does anyone else have a rough idle? I'm not sure if mine counts as rough but it does fluctuate in RPMs at idle which makes me wonder...
The brake require throttle input to release. So if it sticks, you probably haven't given any marked throttle input

The brake require throttle input to release. So if it sticks, you probably haven't given any marked throttle input
Yes this was it. I thought I was throttling but I guess not! Now I don't mind the brake button anymore.

Wish manuals would auto hold...release when you step on the clutch and give it some gas.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back