Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What "don't" you like about your BW"?

Android Auto not connecting consistently...have to make several attempts sometimes....anyone figured this out? I think it happened after one of the updates

Android Auto not connecting consistently...have to make several attempts sometimes....anyone figured this out? I think it happened after one of the updates
Mine's been worse lately too. Have managed to get it working again without restarting the car by turning bluetooth off and on again on the phone, but sometimes it takes a couple of tries. Frustrating because I use AA every time I drive.

I've got the opposite complaint. Even though I use a USB drive for music exclusively, most times I start the car it grabs Pandora on my phone.

I'm gonna have to throw in brake feel too. There's no feel to the pedal and it's stiff as shit. It almost feels like an on off switch

I have the regular brakes

On track, stiff pedals will give way to good modulation (I think). But if they don't feel good on the street consider a softer pad in the future.

Personally, I like stiff pedals that provide feedback, whether on the track or Street.

I've had my 4BW for a few weeks now and put about 1500 miles on it. I have a few minor complaints.

1. On center steering feel and weight is a bit.... light and vague. In all modes too. I've been trying to find out what the steering ratio is for the 4BW, but I can't find that information anywhere. I can only assume that it's variable. Once I get past about 10-15 degrees of steering angle, all is right in the world again. But I generally dislike the on center feel of the steering rack. Then again, a lot of EPAS cars are like that nowadays.

2. Inability to view the digital dash and make changes unless the car is turned on and the also inability to make car setting changes via the infotainment unless the car is turned on. It's kinda weird that it's like this. Every car I've had with a digital dash and infotainment screen allowed me to view it and make changes in accessory mode.

3. Having to press the brakes and clutch to start it. Odd quirk. I've always just pressed the clutch in all of my manual cars to start the car.

4. Parking brake takes a few seconds to activate. I have to get used to it, since in practically all the cars that I've had in the past with a button parking brake, it engages immediately. The 4BW could roll if parked on a hill and I didn't wait for the parking brake to engage.

5. Would be nice to have the option to turn on the Rev Match feature indefinitely in the menus.

6. My PDR stopped recognizing my SD car like a week ago. I wanted to view some footage since I use it as a dash cam for day to day driving. I saw that it was no longer reading my SD card and the last recording was from the 2nd of June. I guess there was a loose connection in the SD card reader, as I was able to snake my hand under the steering column and press on the SD card reader cable(s). Hopefully, that's the last time this happens.

7. Needing a Windows based laptop or PC to make full use of the PDR software. Kind of disappointed with this. I want to be able to upload tracks that I frequent, but I'm gonna have to look at other ways to be able to do this. That's including maybe buying a cheap Windows laptop, or borrowing from a friend.

2. Inability to view the digital dash and make changes unless the car is turned on and the also inability to make car setting changes via the infotainment unless the car is turned on. It's kinda weird that it's like this. Every car I've had with a digital dash and infotainment screen allowed me to view it and make changes in accessory mode.
A lot of the comments in this 7 page thread are redundant (not taking anything away from them) or so minor that they barely register notice to me (yes, i know the title of the thread) ... but this is the first time that I remember someone mentioning this (maybe in this specific way)... and I was like, "Oh yeah, I totally agree and am slightly irked by that each time". Nice pull @almazing !

... heck, I've even gotten used to the lack of sunglasses holder🤣

3. Having to press the brakes and clutch to start it. Odd quirk. I've always just pressed the clutch in all of my manual cars to start the car.
I consider this a safety issue as it could lead to being rear-ended if you accidentally stall while someone is following too close behind you: e.g., while about to make a left-hand turn at an intersection.

I consider this a safety issue as it could lead to being rear-ended if you accidentally stall while someone is following too close behind you: e.g., while about to make a left-hand turn at an intersection.
I've only stalled it a couple of times (honest!) but once was today and I ran into the same situation. I was rolling at a slow walk, but had to suddenly stop in order to restart the car. Was glad the person behind me wasn't following too close and wasn't paying attention. Seems unnecessary when you have the clutch in...

2023 ct4 BW in Rift Metallic. Don't like cluttered info/entertainment screen. Wish many selections / buttons would disappear after not touching for period of time. Also not crazy about looks of rear end. Just too plain area of vertical sheet metal.

I just got finished washing my car. I had to drive to the Kia dealership to get my car from its oil change. The Kia dealer is only half a mile away. So, one mile round trip. Here is the dirt piled on the back of my car from just one mile. The aero-dynamics of this car just dumps the dirt onto the back of the car. I wonder if the larger deck spoiler will alleviate that issue. I'm OCD when it comes to keeping my car clean.

Attachments

• 20230621_155957.jpg
    20230621_155957.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 94
I also padded the inside of the Blackwing logo box with felt , used Gorilla tape to make a hinge and now I have a sunglass box.

Attachments

• 20230621_170014.jpg
    20230621_170014.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 115
No DCT or all wheel drive available.
Price.
Price Increases. ( FJB and GM)

When backing into my angled driveway and mostly into my garage, the pedestrian triangle goes crazy and some times slams on the brakes and turns on parking brake with no one behind me! I have to release the parking brake and sometimes it repeats itself immediately again! Embarrassing as my neighbors stare while I fight my own car into the garage. Happens 95% of the time so thinking of turning off the rear pedestrian warning as I believe I’ve seen it in the menu somewhere. So much for additional safety feature.

When backing into my angled driveway and mostly into my garage, the pedestrian triangle goes crazy and some times slams on the brakes and turns on parking brake with no one behind me! I have to release the parking brake and sometimes it repeats itself immediately again! Embarrassing as my neighbors stare while I fight my own car into the garage. Happens 95% of the time so thinking of turning off the rear pedestrian warning as I believe I’ve seen it in the menu somewhere. So much for additional safety feature.
This happens to me all the time and I found that if I slow down it does not trigger anything.

I just got finished washing my car. I had to drive to the Kia dealership to get my car from its oil change. The Kia dealer is only half a mile away. So, one mile round trip. Here is the dirt piled on the back of my car from just one mile. The aero-dynamics of this car just dumps the dirt onto the back of the car. I wonder if the larger deck spoiler will alleviate that issue. I'm OCD when it comes to keeping my car clean.
Think that’s bad, should see a C8… impossible to keep the tail clean

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners