Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What "don't" you like about your BW"?

I'm a tad bit frustrated with the upper grille holding soap/water back when washing the car and then slow leaking it for the next hour down the front of the bumper, haha. Same with the door handles and side mirrors, though the grille tends to hold a much larger amount of water back.

Another nit pick I have realized....the red stripe on my steering wheel is a little crooked/off center. The left hand and right hand borders of the stripe are not parallel. Left side is straight, right side is a little crooked. I hate it. I see it all day. I told my dealer but they offered me nothing to fix it, so I live with it.

Last edited:
Another nit pick I have realized....the red stripe on my steering wheel is a little crooked/off center. The left hand and right hand borders of the stroke are not parallel. Left side is straight, right side is a little crooked. I hate it. I see it all day. I told my dealer but they offered me nothing to fix it, so I live with it.
Yup - that bugs my OCD immensely haha

Another nit pick I have realized....the red stripe on my steering wheel is a little crooked/off center. The left hand and right hand borders of the stripe are not parallel. Left side is straight, right side is a little crooked. I hate it. I see it all day. I told my dealer but they offered me nothing to fix it, so I live with it.
Mine too, a little embarrassing.

I'm a tad bit frustrated with the upper grille holding soap/water back when washing the car and then slow leaking it for the next hour down the front of the bumper, haha. Same with the door handles and side mirrors, though the grille tends to hold a much larger amount of water back.
I know some companies market expensive blowers to aid in drying the car, but I subscribe to Alton Brown's hatred of "unitaskers" so I just use my electric leaf blower (variable speed) after I wash. I don't try to dry the car, but it helps get the water out of the wheels, mirrors, window trim, and related pools hidden around the car. By the way, the blower is great for the interior too. After I vacuum the chunks I hit it with the blower, then the final detail.

I know some companies market expensive blowers to aid in drying the car, but I subscribe to Alton Brown's hatred of "unitaskers" so I just use my electric leaf blower (variable speed) after I wash. I don't try to dry the car, but it helps get the water out of the wheels, mirrors, window trim, and related pools hidden around the car. By the way, the blower is great for the interior too. After I vacuum the chunks I hit it with the blower, then the final detail.
Oh, I use my air cannon for more than the car (works great on the grille, door handles, glass and trim). Nice for the garage floor and as far as I can reach outside (which is a pretty good ways with it mounted between the garage doors. Also great for keeping the lawn tractor cleaned off. :) Even use it on myself from time to time when I get done with a dusty job.

Haha I use a leaf blower - doesn’t help

I too use a leaf blower which gets a pretty large percentage of the water but, I follow it up by a short trip to Mexico before coming back and completing the detail. That’s still not 100% of the water but, most of it.

Not a fan of the water spots. In Arizona in the summer the car drys as fast as the water goes on. I’ve tried the leaf blower and didn’t work well for me. The only solution I’m happy with is water filtration. No more cloth drying and zero water spots. Best of all it now makes car washing a very simple process and a pleasure instead of a chore.

It does? I haven’t found that in the tile selections.
It's there. I always have mine set that way. You may have to delete one of the four, then check the box for tire temps. Not sure how the track setting is, but in my mode and sport (maybe tour) you can select it.

Track, MyMode, and Sport can all have 4 tiles and each style of display can have a different 4 tiles displayed. Example: Tire Pressure on Track, but Fuel Economy in its place in Sport. All mine are set to the same 4 no matter what mode I'm in.

Cannot have the tire pressure in PSI with the cluster in KM/H, so annoying !!!

I just noticed this yesterday, not a gripe really but just seems sorta silly.

On the sport cluster display (mine is always in this display regardless of driving mode), the tachometer needle is displayed UNDER the rev numbers but above the hash marks. And whoever did the program animation also included a shadow effect from the number onto the needle.

m3rqnc.jpg

Panel gaps... I just noticed that the runner on the driver side (behind rear door) seems more off than I remember..
PXL_20230714_222831034.jpg

Passenger side for comparison...
PXL_20230714_222847972.jpg

Panel gaps... I just noticed that the runner on the driver side (behind rear door) seems more off than I remember..
View attachment 20334

Passenger side for comparison...
View attachment 20335
Compare the gaps to a BMW or Honda? I can almost stick my stick in their gaps. Look at a Silverado/Sierra vs Ford...GM has some of the best fit and finish on their vehicles. The tightness of overall product doesn't compare. But I know, I know they use hard plastic on the lower doors. Lol that's because they get freaking wasted from ingress/egress. Take same vehicle after 200k multiple owners and wipe plastic conditioner on that crap and "poof" lower door panel now looks brand new. Enjoy you car my man and your insanely lower ownership costs with it too!

Compare the gaps to a BMW or Honda? I can almost stick my stick in their gaps. Look at a Silverado/Sierra vs Ford...GM has some of the best fit and finish on their vehicles. The tightness of overall product doesn't compare. But I know, I know they use hard plastic on the lower doors. Lol that's because they get freaking wasted from ingress/egress. Take same vehicle after 200k multiple owners and wipe plastic conditioner on that crap lower door panel it looks brand new. Enjoy you car my man and your insanely lower ownership costs with it too!
I didn't mean for this to come across as "what I don't like about my Blackwing" ...I never noticed this before....not sure if it popped out or a clip or fastener got dislodged...I am enjoying the car...I wouldn't go as far to say that GM has the best fit and finish....they don't

I didn't mean for this to come across as "what I don't like about my Blackwing" ...I never noticed this before....not sure if it popped out or a clip or fastener got dislodged...I am enjoying the car...I wouldn't go as far to say that GM has the best fit and finish....they don't
I understand what you meant. I don't believe GM has the best fit and finish but for the volume of vehicles theirs is pretty dang good. GM gets a lot of bad slack from many who know nothing about vehicles. I want your rims by the way!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back