Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What "don't" you like about your BW"?

Not sure how I'm discovering this now, after a year of ownership, but the metal trim around the shift boot in my 4BW 6MT, is angled so that when the sun hits the trim, it reflects perfectly into my eyes. Sun glasses help reduce the effects, but I'm mostly too lazy to reach into the glove box to grab my glasses (personal problem but also a GM problem for not installing a sunglass holder).

The bw is the only car i've ever owned where you going between radio presets on the steering wheel requires pressing the up button. Every other car I've owned goes from top to bottom. The bw goes from bottom to top when searching through presets.

Not sure how I'm discovering this now, after a year of ownership, but the metal trim around the shift boot in my 4BW 6MT, is angled so that when the sun hits the trim, it reflects perfectly into my eyes. Sun glasses help reduce the effects, but I'm mostly too lazy to reach into the glove box to grab my glasses (personal problem but also a GM problem for not installing a sunglass holder).
I got a sunglasses holder that clips to the passenger visor and it is fantastic.

I got a sunglasses holder that clips to the passenger visor and it is fantastic.

Thanks, I've looked into this before, but we live in a condo complex with a communal garage that happens to get break ins every month. Any car that has anything of potential value visible gets broken into, so I'm hesitant to have my glasses on display (just a pair of Ray Bans, nothing expensive). Perks of living near Oakland.

5BW:

Gas tank too small.

Wish they could figure out how to legally give us remote start on the 6MT.

It isn't a legal thing. If you park the car I gear, a remote start will make it jump. And if you leave it in neutral, hope you're not parking on a hill.

But there's no excuse for not having adaptive cruise control with the 6MT. The civic type R has it for 1/2 the price.

It isn't a legal thing. If you park the car I gear, a remote start will make it jump. And if you leave it in neutral, hope you're not parking on a hill.

But there's no excuse for not having adaptive cruise control with the 6MT. The civic type R has it for 1/2 the price.
The Type R is a 6mt that has the $$$ resources to develop such features because the BASE model which sells in large volumes is offered in a 6mt.

Find the 6mt in the lineup outside the BlackWing...oh wait lol

Just noticed this today. When I crank my radio to a good tune, either my rear view mirror or my back window vibrates in a blur. Tomorrow I will have to hold my mirror to see which is shaking.

The Type R is a 6mt that has the $$$ resources to develop such features because the BASE model which sells in large volumes is offered in a 6mt.

Find the 6mt in the lineup outside the BlackWing...oh wait lol

It's a software issue. GM should have this solved across their lineup long ago. ACC has been around for how long??

The honda one works by disengaging below certain speeds to avoid stalling.

Personal guess is that GM lawyers want 6MT drivers paying attention since a stall could result in an accident. They produce for the lowest common denominator. Kudos to Honda for offering ACC.

It's a software issue. GM should have this solved across their lineup long ago. ACC has been around for how long??

The honda one works by disengaging below certain speeds to avoid stalling.

Personal guess is that GM lawyers want 6MT drivers paying attention since a stall could result in an accident. They produce for the lowest common denominator. Kudos to Honda for offering ACC.
It comes down to $$$ and how development dollars get spread throughout a program. There are meetings where one feature is axed in negotiation for another. I've seen something like well, we can give up accent lighting in the rear door panel in exchange for the double stitch on the IP. It's $$$. It's that simple.

When a 6mt is offered on a platform that sells in the BlackWings numbers you aren't going to get the features.

On a side note...

My buddy bought a CPO Genesis G70 6mt. The take rate was tiny. So tiny the car has needed a trans for YEARS and one cannot be procured lol. He finally had to give up and unload the car to Carvanna.

Just noticed this today. When I crank my radio to a good tune, either my rear view mirror or my back window vibrates in a blur. Tomorrow I will have to hold my mirror to see which is shaking.
I know the door speaker will cause the side view mirror to shake/blur. 😉

It comes down to $$$ and how development dollars get spread throughout a program. There are meetings where one feature is axed in negotiation for another. I've seen something like well, we can give up accent lighting in the rear door panel in exchange for the double stitch on the IP. It's $$$. It's that simple.

When a 6mt is offered on a platform that sells in the BlackWings numbers you aren't going to get the features.

On a side note...

My buddy bought a CPO Genesis G70 6mt. The take rate was tiny. So tiny the car has needed a trans for YEARS and one cannot be procured lol. He finally had to give up and unload the car to Carvanna.
Can't be true? I mean "Genesis" it's so much more worthy than GM....I digress

Those infernal electric fans!

I use the Remote Start quite frequently, both via the key fob and via the MyCadillac phone app. And I generally leave the car in Sport Mode. Walking up to hear the V8 burbling away, growling low like a beast ready to pounce is for me one of life's simple pleasures.

But... if the car is still near operating temperature when it's started, those damn electric fans come on right away. And they're loud! So, instead of sounding like a cool car, it sounds like a Russian military hovercraft making an assault landing on the beach. Kinda kills the mood.

Last edited:
Yeah noticed that from the beginning in my car. Rear view mirror vibrates when going over bumpy road surfaces as well

Yeah noticed that from the beginning in my car. Rear view mirror vibrates when going over bumpy road surfaces as well
Do you have rear view camera feature? Maybe extra weight? I haven't had need to turn my radio that loud, would drown out exhaust which is music to my ears. Besides what's behind me isn't really that important while driving 😎

Do you have rear view camera feature? Maybe extra weight? I haven't had need to turn my radio that loud, would drown out exhaust which is music to my ears. Besides what's behind me isn't really that important while driving 😎
Yes I do have that with the parking package. Dealer as usual told me the vibration was normal.

Yes I do have that with the parking package. Dealer as usual told me the vibration was normal.
I have not noticed that in my 5... although I almost always use the rear view video camera... I'll double check it later without using the rear video camera

I have not noticed that in my 5... although I almost always use the rear view video camera... I'll double check it later without using the rear video camera
It only happens on certain roads that induce high frequency undulations....typical for crappy roads here on Long Island 😁

Luckily I do use my rear view mirror to see what's coming up behind me. Here on Long Island highways everybody drives 70+ on 55mph roads and they are usually only 1-2 car lengths behind you, on your ass. I was moving along 2 weeks ago on a fast highway and all of a sudden everyone came to a stop. I quickly looked into my rear view and saw that the shitbox behind me was going to fast and too close to stop in time. I swerved left onto the grass and the shitbox behind me got rear ended when he jammed on his brakes. I don't complain about auto accidents, though. My family has 2 body shops in business for over 63 years.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back