Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What "don't" you like about your BW"?

I've had mine 2 weeks...agree with most of the stuff here, but one was not mentioned yet:

The garage door opener buttons don't illuminate, so at night I have to always feel around for them to open my garage door. Even during the day it can be hard to locate since my interior is black on black. Other cars I've had there was a very small lighted dot.

I've had mine 2 weeks...agree with most of the stuff here, but one was not mentioned yet:

The garage door opener buttons don't illuminate, so at night I have to always feel around for them to open my garage door. Even during the day it can be hard to locate since my interior is black on black. Other cars I've had there was a very small lighted dot.
They are lit , but so dim they are hard to see. Maybe there is a way to improve them.

One more - I haven't found a way to make the seats/mirrors go to the settings attached to the key when you *unlock* the doors. All my previous cars did this. The manual says, you either have to press *and hold* the 1/2 button on the door or start the car. Well, I'm 6' 3" and my wife is 5' 2", so after she's driven it, there's no way I can get in to start it. I guess I have to stand there and hold the button on the door? This seems like a big miss on caddy's part...unless I'm missing something.

Peter

One more - I haven't found a way to make the seats/mirrors go to the settings attached to the key when you *unlock* the doors. All my previous cars did this. The manual says, you either have to press *and hold* the 1/2 button on the door or start the car. Well, I'm 6' 3" and my wife is 5' 2", so after she's driven it, there's no way I can get in to start it. I guess I have to stand there and hold the button on the door? This seems like a big miss on caddy's part...unless I'm missing something.

Peter
I feel your pain, because I'm 6'7" and my wife is 5'3" and how I avoid having to stand at the door holding the #1 button is to not let my wife drive the BW's... 😁

I feel your pain, because I'm 6'7" and my wife is 5'3" and how I avoid having to stand at the door holding the #1 button is to not let my wife drive the BW's... 😁
Ha ha... you used to post that you bought your 4 for the wife! We all you know you like the 4 better, just let her have the 5!!

I was really hoping you, or someone, was going to say: "Hey knucklehead, you missed the setting in the computer...click here and here and you're all set" :) Not sure what they were thinking...well that is it, they weren't when they designed this part.

Ha ha... you used to post that you bought your 4 for the wife! We all you know you like the 4 better, just let her have the 5!!
I promise, the 4BW was for my wife and after a couple of days driving it she wanted her Civic back.. She was afraid she was going to tear it up so she wanted nothing to do with the BW... She cant drive a manual so the 5BW is out for her....

I do have to purchase her a new 2024 XT4 this year tho.....

I hear they are going to be great. I would like one for my wife as well.
I just hope there are no constraints on them because she will hold out until she gets what she wants.. Wait, this could work in my favor, lol.... I still need to save about 20K to pay for it so I'm glad you cant start ordering then until April..

I had forgotten about this. You are so right. Drives me crazy and have to feel for them. The buttons in my wife's XT6 are illuminated and easy to see. Wonder if this could be a retrofit from another Cadillac that has the same buttons, but are illuminated?

I had forgotten about this. You are so right. Drives me crazy and have to feel for them. The buttons in my wife's XT6 are illuminated and easy to see. Wonder if this could be a retrofit from another Cadillac that has the same buttons, but are illuminated?
See post #62. I also thought they were not lit, but they are.

See post #62. I also thought they were not lit, but they are.
Yeah, saw that. I think they are lit, but like they said, very dim. Sometimes I see them better than at other times. It's either at night or when I have my sunglasses on that they seem impossible to see. No issues with my other Cadillac vehicle though.

Peter
My car is finally getting fixed d/t some a-hole side swiping it in the parking lot a couple months ago... so I can't check it myself, but I think each memory button correlate with one of your fobs (they aren't labeled though). So try switching fobs with your wife and then see if that makes a difference (e.g. as it detects the fob it adjusts to the settings associated with it).

I could be wrong... my wife hardly ever drives my car... so I don't have much personal experience with it for my 5bw, but I remember this being true with at least one of our cars, so I also may be mixing this feature up with one of the others.

So the lights on the garage door buttons are there, but yes, very very dim. I figured out that the knob to turn up/down the dash lights also controls these...sigh. So, I turned my dash lights down, but now can't see the darn garage door buttons. If you spin that wheel up to get bright dash lights, I can finally see the garage door buttons. Those shouldn't be connected...full blast on the dash is perfect for those buttons, but not for night driving - at least for me. Anything less on the dash and...

Peter

Can't seem to figure out why my iPhone wigs completely out when connected and I'm using Google Maps on my phone. Every time I hear the directions come on my phone; car screen goes to the outbound call menu like I'm making a call. The other day I was using Bluetooth while rocking out to some Ozzy, went to take a video and my music paused when the camera opened up. I'm like WTF is going on here.. LMAO ! This shit doesn't bother me, however, would be nice to know why this happens.

Can't seem to figure out why my iPhone wigs completely out when connected and I'm using Google Maps on my phone. Every time I hear the directions come on my phone; car screen goes to the outbound call menu like I'm making a call. The other day I was using Bluetooth while rocking out to some Ozzy, went to take a video and my music paused when the camera opened up. I'm like WTF is going on here.. LMAO ! This shit doesn't bother me, however, would be nice to know why this happens.
That sounds more like a CarPlay Software function. Likely to deter people from using their phones to take videos while driving lol. I usually listen to youtube podcasts or documentaries when I drive my truck but if I use android auto the audio is funky. I switch to BT-pure connection and it runs like a BT speaker would.

Only complaint about my BW thus far is that it isn't here yet! But for real, the only thing I wish it had (when it comes in) is a roof rack. Not sure the structural integrity is there unfortunately but would have been cool. 4BW lacks a lot of room for storage as my DD.

Peter

Perhaps there is another solution, but I had this idea that you could try programming the exit mode from your wife's fob to whatever you like it to be when you get in. That might be a workaround. She might complain that she now can't get out of the car, though. ;)

PDR Camera got loose and was recording a tilted video. Noticed it when I bumped the surround while cleaning the inner windsheild. Got it all put back correctly. That plastic surround is very flexible and doesn't snap into place very securly which allows the PDR cam which is also not fastened in any way become dislodged. It rides on a rail and is "kept in place" by the flimsy surround.

To nitpick… Chrome emblems, no sunglass holder, e-brake button placement, no recall for rev-match and drive mode settings, for 100k+ audio should be better, no non-CF spoiler option.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back