Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What "don't" you like about your BW"?

Cover it with PPF but, understand as I do have some orange peel on trunk deck. What do you want for 100k;shrug

6 months and I still hate the location of the electronic parking brake. Wish it was next to the shifter, like logic would dictate.

Also wish it started up in the last mode being driven...aka Touring, Sport, Track, etc.
My Mode, Touring, and Sport do persist after a key cycle. Track and V Mode do not.

My 4 is black so with regards to maintenance two things spring to mind, A) the areo, Cars with wings always have a cleaner back end than cars with spoilers, and B) the brakes are HUGE so there is almost not clearance for cleaning the wheels properly.

I posted this once before, but the fact that the turn signal lamp, the gauge cluster indicator, and the blinker sound all operate at different tempos is wreaking havoc on my OCD.

Fwiw, don't ever turn on your turn signal and watch the two lights and listen to the sound at the same time. You'll never be able to un-see it.

I posted this once before, but the fact that the turn signal lamp, the gauge cluster indicator, and the blinker sound all operate at different tempos is wreaking havoc on my OCD.

Fwiw, don't ever turn on your turn signal and watch the two lights and listen to the sound at the same time. You'll never be able to un-see it.
This doesn't really bother me but it is noticeable and after owning many cars that never had this issue I have to wonder "why?"

... the fact that the turn signal lamp, the gauge cluster indicator, and the blinker sound all operate at different tempos is wreaking havoc on my OCD.

... after owning many cars that never had this issue I have to wonder "why?"

Does GM off-shore their software development? Because this is the type of stuff that happens when software development is off-shored.

Still getting used to not driving a BMW so I'm still getting used to actually using them. Mine are just barely out of sync with each other. The sound kind of splits the instrument panel and mirror indicators. It's almost like it goes instrument panel sound mirror I thought it was on purpose until I read this.

You 100% sure about that? My 4 definitely does not.
Well I’ve only had the car for about a week. However once I figured out how to go through the settings etc., I left it in track mode and have started it on several different days and yup she’s in track mode. The #1 reason I remember this is my HUD is limited with the information I can retrieve in Track mode and that’s what I see when I fire her up. Going out Friday night so I’ll see what happens after being parked for several days.

Well I’ve only had the car for about a week. However once I figured out how to go through the settings etc., I left it in track mode and have started it on several different days and yup she’s in track mode. The #1 reason I remember this is my HUD is limited with the information I can retrieve in Track mode and that’s what I see when I fire her up. Going out Friday night so I’ll see what happens after being parked for several days.

Could this be an unintentional change on GM's part? Are you sure it is in Track Mode, or do you simply have the gauges set to 'Track' display?

All other GM performance cars would not persist in Track mode. That's one thing I wish was different about my old C7.

Ummm are you certain you haven't just saved your HUD default to the track info setting? OR perhaps saved the theme on your dash?

The car will retain in tour, or sport , or my mode, but not V or Track mode. If I shut it down in V or Track mode it will restart in Tour mode.

Well I eagerly went down to my 5BW to see if indeed the 5 stays in track mode. As hopeful as I was that I would discover yet another way the 5 is superior to the 4, it was not to be.

If you turn off my 5 in track mode it fires back up in touring mode.

An interesting thing to note is that switching the PTM modes changes the exhaust sound even if the settings don't reflect it. Switching even from inactive to wet makes the exhaust sound different.

Ummm are you certain you haven't just saved your HUD default to the track info setting? OR perhaps saved the theme on your dash?

The car will retain in tour, or sport , or my mode, but not V or Track mode. If I shut it down in V or Track mode it will restart in Tour mode.
Hmmmm..... I will have to investigate this as the dash remained in Track design during those few days of startup. Maybe somehow, I saved the design to show track at start up? I do like the dash design when set in Track, only wish I had more settings at the HUD

Hmmmm..... I will have to investigate this as the dash remained in Track design during those few days of startup. Maybe somehow, I saved the design to show track at start up? I do like the dash design when set in Track, only wish I had more settings at the HUD
You can have the theme tied or not tied to the mode settings. Might be the source of the confusion.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back