Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What "don't" you like about your BW"?

Hmmmm..... I will have to investigate this as the dash remained in Track design during those few days of startup. Maybe somehow, I saved the design to show track at start up? I do like the dash design when set in Track, only wish I had more settings at the HUD
"Have to investigate this"? Just go out to the car and start it up. Is it in track mode?

I also put a custom made Cadillac Blackwing decal over the seat belt warning that is on the sunshades. I hate those stupid things. I was able to heat them up on my Challenger and just pull them off. I tried to do it on the 5BW and it would have damaged the suede , so I just covered them up.

You can have the theme tied or not tied to the mode settings. Might be the source of the confusion.
Sounds like that’s what’s going on here. Will have to dive into the various settings to sort it all out. Thanks

Well I eagerly went down to my 5BW to see if indeed the 5 stays in track mode. As hopeful as I was that I would discover yet another way the 5 is superior to the 4, it was not to be.

If you turn off my 5 in track mode it fires back up in touring mode.

An interesting thing to note is that switching the PTM modes changes the exhaust sound even if the settings don't reflect it. Switching even from inactive to wet makes the exhaust sound different.
I noticed the PTM exhaust change in my 4 as well.

My 5BW Starts in the last mode set every time, which is sport mode 80% of the time? Verified by the small "checkered flag" icon on the dash. The exhaust tone also sounds "deeper".

You can have the theme tied or not tied to the mode settings. Might be the source of the confusion.
Yup, I f'd up and that's what was happening. I was able to fool around Friday night with settings and was like damn the exhaust got louder...hahaha

It didn't help that I couldn't roll the windows down with the recent tint to see/hear the difference until recently. They did a good job with sound deadening materials. V mode should be the default setting!

Cou
I also put a custom made Cadillac Blackwing decal over the seat belt warning that is on the sunshades. I hate those stupid things. I was able to heat them up on my Challenger and just pull them off. I tried to do it on the 5BW and it would have damaged the suede , so I just covered them up.
Could you post a picture of this? I also hate those stickers and was trying to think of a good solution.

My 5BW Starts in the last mode set every time, which is sport mode 80% of the time? Verified by the small "checkered flag" icon on the dash. The exhaust tone also sounds "deeper".
Put it in VMode or Track Mode - turn it off and on and let us know the results ;)

Here's what I don't like, and I think it applies to all GM cars. The reverse lights come on when you lock or unlock the car. This means when you are in a parking lot and someone driving by sees your reverse lights on, they think you are backing out and stop. THE REVERSE LIGHTS SHOULD ONLY COME ON WHEN THE CAR IS IN FUCKING REVERSE.

I'm ok. Everything is ok.

THE REVERSE LIGHTS SHOULD ONLY COME ON WHEN THE CAR IS IN FUCKING REVERSE.

Preach. This damn-near induces rage in me. I'm actually surprised this is not regulated by whoever regulates this stuff (DOT? NTHSA?)

They're safety devices, not *&#^%#@ decorations.

The infotainment volume and tune knob completely turn off at the three dimmest settings while the rest of the indicator lamps on the lower panel temperature, fan speed, etc. stay on. It’s not really a problem since they are easily found by feel. But I have to think it was not intentional, but rather a design flaw with that LED driver circuit.

Here's what I don't like, and I think it applies to all GM cars. The reverse lights come on when you lock or unlock the car. This means when you are in a parking lot and someone driving by sees your reverse lights on, they think you are backing out and stop. THE REVERSE LIGHTS SHOULD ONLY COME ON WHEN THE CAR IS IN FUCKING REVERSE.

I'm ok. Everything is ok.
Wait... What respectable man's-man pulls into a parking spot... YOU ALWAYS BACK IN! Just like grandad taught ya to. Even if it's less practical sometimes... Always back in 😂

Wait... What respectable man's-man pulls into a parking spot... YOU ALWAYS BACK IN! Just like grandad taught ya to. Even if it's less practical sometimes... Always back in 😂
In a one-way garage or lot with angled spaces...no choice. Otherwise, I always fancy park.

In a one-way garage or lot with angled spaces...no choice. Otherwise, I always fancy park.
Poor excuses Mr. Brogurt. I expected better from you

Preach. This damn-near induces rage in me. I'm actually surprised this is not regulated by whoever regulates this stuff (DOT? NTHSA?)

They're safety devices, not *&#^%#@ decorations.

Reverse lights illuminate the area to the rear of the car with white light in the same way the fronts do. The idea being if you approach or leave the car from the rear you can see where you are going at night.

Not my favorite feature but I understand the pseudo logic behind it. Kind of like the moving the puddle lights from the doors to the mirrors, to me it makes more sense is that it's below the door but I get the need to illuminate the car when the door is closed.

So Meh...

The BLIS indicator is too close to the turn signal indicator on the mirrors. And it's a similar/same color yellow. I'd say at least make it red immediately (vs only if the signal is activated when the BLIS is activated) or move it closer to the car-side of the mirror vs the outer edge.

Couple things I recently noticed. I need a heated stick. The SVR records with a card larger than 32GB, the problem is it does some weird stuff with the AVI file format that makes the files unreadable in a PC or Mac. I’m trying a 32GB card out to make sure those work properly.

I so agree with the BLIS indicator and the turn signal indicator in the mirror. I do a double take all the time when I change lanes, because I see the orange turn signal indicator and think it's the BLIS for a split second.
The BLIS indicator is too close to the turn signal indicator on the mirrors. And it's a similar/same color yellow. I'd say at least make it red immediately (vs only if the signal is activated when the BLIS is activated) or move it closer to the car-side of the mirror vs the outer edge.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back