Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you do to your Blackwing today?

Mid tier seat are fine, ran off 1000 mile tour last week up coast to lower Maine 3 sunrises by ocean then up to Quebec City for 3 more nights wife wanted to Morgan Whalen (great concert). Drove home yesterday spent close to 7 hours bonsai,stopping for fuel only, I can honestly say this is the only vehicle we’ve had were our backs don’t hurt after long runs. I’m 6 ft 230 just happy with hole package, and yes, this thing RUNS!😎

Mid tier seat are fine, ran off 1000 mile tour last week up coast to lower Maine 3 sunrises by ocean then up to Quebec City for 3 more nights wife wanted to Morgan Whalen (great concert). Drove home yesterday spent close to 7 hours bonsai,stopping for fuel only, I can honestly say this is the only vehicle we’ve had were our backs don’t hurt after long runs. I’m 6 ft 230 just happy with hole package, and yes, this thing RUNS!😎

The Blackwings have made me delay having a track car on trailer because of how comfortable they are for the long drives to some tracks.

Did the first oil change at around 1150 miles. Used wooden blocks and rhino ramps to get the car up and then drained her. Not sure if it makes a difference having the car at an incline vs being level. I put in around 6.8 quarts of 5w30. The dipstick is showing that i'm slightly above the full line, but it's not very clear.

Did the first oil change at around 1150 miles. Used wooden blocks and rhino ramps to get the car up and then drained her. Not sure if it makes a difference having the car at an incline vs being level. I put in around 6.8 quarts of 5w30. The dipstick is showing that i'm slightly above the full line, but it's not very clear.

Make sure the car is on a flat surface when checking oil.

Make sure the car is on a flat surface when checking oil.

Yup I've been checking on a level surface. I think i'm right above the full line.

oil_levelb.jpg

Yup I've been checking on a level surface. I think i'm right above the full line.

View attachment 21934

After an oil change, I always start it and let it run at idle for one minute. Then let it sit for 5 minutes and check it. Being a tad over full isn’t a big deal. Don’t go much more than that though.

Seems a little light my friend the vehicle takes 9qts?

Had to bring it into the dealer for a CEL P0420. after running the required troublshooting steps, GM said to replace the catalytic converter (5800 mi).
Sure why not its under warrenty but really?
With the UAW strike now expanded to parts who knows when the part will come in.
Im done driving it for the season for the most part but a bit surprised how a Cat can have issues so early. I only run quality 93 octane fuel.

Anyone else heard of this?

Every oil change I use exactly 9 quarts and the level on the dipstick is to the top of the crosshatch marks indicating it’s topped off.
Yes, I noticed that too even with filter and it calls for 10qt. I am satisfied with 9qts also!

Had to bring it into the dealer for a CEL P0420. after running the required troublshooting steps, GM said to replace the catalytic converter (5800 mi).
Im done driving it for the season for the most part but a bit surprised how a Cat can have issues so early. I only run quality 93 octane fuel.

Heat kills the CAT's were you doing a good amount of WOT?

Heat kills the CAT's were you doing a good amount of WOT?
with 5800 miles, only about 2500 miles of spirited driving with the 4000-6500 rpm range. If thats the case I see alot of cat replacements in my future

with 5800 miles, only about 2500 miles of spirited driving with the 4000-6500 rpm range. If thats the case I see alot of cat replacements in my future
Interesting, I guess the spec for oil that was updated on these cars was for the burning off oil and fouling the cats?

Yes, I noticed that too even with filter and it calls for 10qt. I am satisfied with 9qts also!
The manual I have says 9 qts and that gives my engine a full fill according to the dipstick reading.

The manual I have says 9 qts and that gives my engine a full fill according to the dipstick reading.
I have a 5BW mine took 9.5 to fill. Are you checking it cold first thing in the morning or are you checking after the engine has been at temp?

I have a 5BW mine took 9.5 to fill. Are you checking it cold first thing in the morning or are you checking after the engine has been at temp?
I check it with engine cold. If it's checked hot it will show low. I would say it could be checked maybe one hour after shutdown.

Sounds like a manufacture defect, had this on a RS5, ceramic passageways molded together during assembly.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back