Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you do to your Blackwing today?

For CT5 BW owners what is the avg milage for oil change? I’m at 60 percent oil life and I have only 1250 miles. I’m going this Friday to get initial oil done. But at current ratio of miles to oil life, I’m assuming 3000 miles equals an oil change? Can any BW high milage peeps chime in?

For CT5 BW owners what is the avg milage for oil change? I’m at 60 percent oil life and I have only 1250 miles. I’m going this Friday to get initial oil done. But at current ratio of miles to oil life, I’m assuming 3000 miles equals an oil change? Can any BW high milage peeps chime in?
All GM vehicles I believe are 7,500mi or 1yr that simple. Time, mileage or both and everything else is factored into those Time/mileage. i.e. temps,revolutions,starts etc.etc.

I'm at 1800 miles and on my 3rd oil change but that's just me.....

Last oil change was 2400 miles and 12% engine oil life. Mostly city driving.

It’s funny that bmws and all other cars are moving to oil changes in the 10-15k mile range while the BW group goes back to the 3k range using synthetic!

I did my first oil change at 1427 miles, 4 months after taking delivery. Then I followed the computer oil management and just had the oil changed with 10% left. It was only 1950 miles since the first oil change. I don't beat on the car at all and I will be keeping an eye on the oil computer from here out. My Kia Telluride is accurate with the factory recommended 8000 mile oil changes. Cadillac dealership is charging $200 bucks for the Dexos2 oil changes. This could become very expensive if I'm only getting 2000 miles between oil changes.

Just bought a PF64 filter and 10 quarts of 0w40 ESP/Supercar today. I'll be changing the oil this weekend along with adding the blackwing badges like the '24s.

I did my first oil change at 1427 miles, 4 months after taking delivery. Then I followed the computer oil management and just had the oil changed with 10% left. It was only 1950 miles since the first oil change. I don't beat on the car at all and I will be keeping an eye on the oil computer from here out. My Kia Telluride is accurate with the factory recommended 8000 mile oil changes. Cadillac dealership is charging $200 bucks for the Dexos2 oil changes. This could become very expensive if I'm only getting 2000 miles between oil changes.
What was the time elapsed between the first and second changes?

Getting prepped for the PPF install! I will never see it this clean ever again haha.

out_230920_17272394845_17274597156_bw__11231_1695233085-1.jpeg

What was the time elapsed between the first and second changes?
1st oil change on Oct 4th,2022 at 1427 miles. Car was then put away for winter storage from Dec 20th,2022 until April 20th 2023 (exactly 4 months) and then 2nd oil change done on Aug 29th, 2023 at 3415 miles (10% indicated oil life left). Only 1988 miles between oil changes !

1st oil change on Oct 4th,2022 at 1427 miles. Car was then put away for winter storage from Dec 20th,2022 until April 20th 2023 (exactly 4 months) and then 2nd oil change done on Aug 29th, 2023 at 3415 miles (10% indicated oil life left). Only 1988 miles between oil changes !
Right, but nearly a year of time.

Early October '22 to late August '23. That feels about right and the computer is obviously taking that into account too.

I just did some internet research and apparently they (oil manufacturers) recommend that you do an oil change at least once every 12 months , even if you don't hardly drive the car. It says that water moisture , from the air , can mix into the engine oil while just sitting and not burning off from the normal engine temperatures.
Well, now I know. Once a year oil changes won't break my wallet.

I do about a 100 mile commute round trip all highway. Did my first oil change around 1100 miles, not sure what the oil life indicator said. Computer said to change it again (10% life) around 5000 miles. Then computer said to change it again at around 12000+ miles.

So i got abour 7000+ miles out of the last change.

Took mine up to the Adirondacks for the weekend shortly after hitting 500 miles. Took it easy for as long as I could, but definitely had some fun on some back twisty roads once I got up there. Holy shit is this thing fun. This car is everything I was hoping my AMG would be but never was.

Took mine up to the Adirondacks for the weekend shortly after hitting 500 miles. Took it easy for as long as I could, but definitely had some fun on some back twisty roads once I got up there. Holy shit is this thing fun. This car is everything I was hoping my AMG would be but never was.
Very nice...there is no dead spot or throttle lag even when hammering it at 70mph. The Hennessey package ships out with a pine box my god couldn't imagine!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back