Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you do to your Blackwing today?

LS7Solstice

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT5 Blackwing
Trying something out that has worked on other forums before. Just a general thread to talk about what we've done to our cars!

To start, I put the battery tender back on the car since we were teased with warm weather here in Michigan last week just to have it be cold and rainy now for another week...

:beer

I moved mine to a different garage stall so I could pull my Tesla in to charge..hahaha
IMG_6186.JPG

Finally found an SD card compatible with the surround vision recorder. Installed it in the trunk and confirmed recording.
What card and capacity did you come up with?

I used a 32gb San Disk Extreme Plus. I didn't have to re-format the card either. Just put it in the car and it worked.

I need a car first in order to tell you what I've done to it :ROFLMAO:

I used a 32gb San Disk Extreme Plus. I didn't have to re-format the card either. Just put it in the car and it worked.
I also used an old (~10 years) 32 GB Sandisk that was FAT32 formatted. I previously purchased a 400 GB card from Costco and reformatted to FAT32 but it wasn't recognized.

I don't know much about the PDR but I think you can use it as a dash cam for normal driving, so I'm going to assume it works like a dash cam in the way that once it's full, it will write over the oldest data. Normal SD/micro SD cards are not made to handle this constant, daily overwriting. Normally you'd load up things like family pictures until it's full, and maybe you delete some, fill it up again and put it aside.

If you care about keeping what you record, you'll need high endurance SD cards made to handle the constant writing and overwriting duties.

Examples: High Endurance Micro SD cards

Tip: Do NOT buy things from Amazon if you can find the same price/item at a physical brick and mortar store with an online presence like Best Buy or Walmart. Amazon intermixes it's own stock with that of it's 3rd party sellers who may sell counterfeit items with the exact same packaging/UPC code.

I don't know much about the PDR but I think you can use it as a dash cam for normal driving, so I'm going to assume it works like a dash cam in the way that once it's full, it will write over the oldest data. Normal SD/micro SD cards are not made to handle this constant, daily overwriting. Normally you'd load up things like family pictures until it's full, and maybe you delete some, fill it up again and put it aside.

If you care about keeping what you record, you'll need high endurance SD cards made to handle the constant writing and overwriting duties.

Examples: High Endurance Micro SD cards

Tip: Do NOT buy things from Amazon if you can find the same price/item at a physical brick and mortar store with an online presence like Best Buy or Walmart. Amazon intermixes it's own stock with that of it's 3rd party sellers who may sell counterfeit items with the exact same packaging/UPC code.
Very helpful. I don't have a car yet, but about how many GB are needed per, say, hour of video storage for the dash cam? And say you get in an accident, should you pull out the SD card soon after so footage doesn't get overwritten?

Very helpful. I don't have a car yet, but about how many GB are needed per, say, hour of video storage for the dash cam? And say you get in an accident, should you pull out the SD card soon after so footage doesn't get overwritten?
I don't know if the PDR records 1080p @ 30fps or 60fps. quick google search says around 2 hrs worth of recording time. Various sites are quoting various total recording times. the 128GB high endurance cards are around $20-$25. 32gb is $10. You're talking difference of $10 for 4x the capacity. My standard go to is 128GB and safest best is to pull the card (quality aftermarket dash cams usually have apps that lets you download to your phone via WiFi) after a crash.

Good rule of thumb is to check the data once in a while and make sure it's recording properly with no gaps in the dates and times.

I tried out my new pressure washer and foam cannon to give her a lil once over:

PXL_20220405_225503182.jpg

PXL_20220405_231751205.jpg

Because on Saturday, I took a 600 mile, 10.5 hour round trip to Canada to get some poutine:

PXL_20220402_182706732.jpg

PXL_20220402_190926116.jpg

What a great way to get acquainted with the Blackwing... man does she rip through backroads properly!

Break-in: Complete!

Drove it this morning for the first time since December straight to the detail shop for PPF and ceramic. Kinda pissed that it was raining and I had to drive through it. Fortunately the shop is only a couple miles from storage. Can't wait to start breaking her in soon.

I got full PPF on mine last week and am happy with the way it turned out. I'm contemplating a K&N drop in air filter, but I'm pretty sure it isn't necessary or should at least wait until a full cold air intake is out for these cars.View attachment 8106
air intake will likely do nothing. the intake was redesigned for these cars and flow almost 50% more air, which is why they are rated at 668hp instead of 650 like in the previous gen, zl1, and z06.

also no one should ever run a K&N. they flow well because they filter very poorly. since an air filter's job is to filter air you may want to keep the acdelco which does an excellent job. check out this test done with filters for a duramax ISO 5011 Duramax Air Filter Test Report

Well the Expel came in that the detailer ordered for my car. If only I had the car lol
Screenshot_20220504-200523.png

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners