Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Water on the Driver's side floor mat and carpet

Shholliday

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
Hey everyone! I have a very strange issue. I was cleaning my car at the end of September and noticed that my floor mat and carpet underneath the mat was wet. I brought her in to the dealership to determine the issue and correct what was wrong. The technician determined that the lower evaporator case was leaking condensation. They replaced two seals and my carpet. Well, I was cleaning my car this past weekend and noticed that the mat and carpet was wet again. I took her back to the dealership and yesterday was told they are having issues determining what is going on. Have any of you had this problem?

Thanks,
Scott

I have the all weather mats and have never checked underneath, but will possibly check either today or by this weekend. Hopefully it’s dry!

Yes there was a windshield seam issue, so it's plausible one of goo applying robots was missing a few 1's and 0's in the program for a while. I'd also consider the sunroof, if you have one.

Thanks to all of you. I have called my service advisor to let him know to check the windshield seam. The sunroof has already been ruled out.

Not in a BW - but last winter they pumped 5 gallons! of water out of my GTI after a drain from my moonroof got blocked up. I returned from a few weeks away (and lots of rain apparently) to find the inside of my car flooded. After weeks of setting out in the sun with fans blowing on the carpet and charcoal filters etc after for a while it finally dried out and no issues now. Good luck - hope they fix it properly.

This is the reason I refuse to drive mine in the rain
I went and checked on my garage queen and she is dry underneath the mat. Then like @1Evil55 I remembered that I don’t drive in the rain, but wash it often to remove the dust. Lately it’s been cool enough in Houston that I haven’t needed the AC, so I’ll keep checking after I run the AC.
@Shholliday pls let us know the final solution once fixed.

We had the same problem in a 2023 Honda Odyssey and a 2023 Kia Forte. The Forte had a blocked air conditioner condensation drainage hose and the Honda's problem has not been fixed yet due to a failure of the dealership to find the problem.

I had a similar issue with a Camaro a few years back. It turns out from all of the body twist that the welds had let loose below the windshield on the firewall and allowed water to enter.

Good to hear it's fixed. My old '05 ctsv filled up the spare tire well with water because the sunroof drains got pulled into the trunk instead of going out through the rear wheel wells.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. Here's the update. The sunroof drain tube was disconnected. Thanks for everyone's help! I should have her back next week. I have been driving the CT5 AWD model. I really miss my BW5!!!
Thanks for the update and sharing the problem that was found.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners