Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Anyone else had the Infotainment not boot up on engine start?

CT5-V Model

Exia

Seasoned Member
Took the car out to run some errands, noticed the infotainment wasn't picking up my phone when I was leaving my 3rd destination. Everything was working fine for the last two stops.

My phone says its still paired to the car but the car says it doesn't see any phones and wants me to pair again.

I restarted the car to see if the system needed a reboot to connect to my phone and the infotainment screen didn't boot up, just completely black screen, power button didn't work. I drove it 15min to my next destination and the screen never turned on the entire time.

Turned off the car when I got where I was going, left it off for a few minutes, restarted the car and the infotainment booted back up.

Before anyone asks, yes my car is on the GM battery tender, I always put the tender on my cars because I know the electronics act weird if the car isn't daily driven to charge the battery. Everytime I get home my cars go on the tender even if I'm driving them the next day.

Anyone else had an issue with their infotainment not booting up?

I haven’t had this happen to my 22’ 5BW yet, but on my other 22’ GM vehicle it does happen on occasion. Similar infotainment systems between both cars.
If I wait for a bit, it will come back with next restart. That vehicle is driven almost daily for 40 to 50 miles, so if in a hurry, sucks without everything working.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back