Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Wait times for normal orders

Ordered July 29 @ Sewell Dallas. Just got a call that my order is up next to be accepted. No CF was the only stipulation. Exciting times, indeed.
Wow, that must be a busy place. I'll be going there to pick up my 5V non BW sometime soon. It is supposed to be built next week.

Ordered 9/28 locally, all features I want, still at 1100. Ordered a second from Sewell in December, mostly the same build, still at 1100. Dropped the CF1 off the Sewell order and I do believe that car will come well ahead of the local order. Depending on the market, when the cars hit, and outlook for the remaining production, I might purchase both.

Ordered Aug 27th 5 BW with CF1 and CF2 and carbon seats. Still at 1100....there is a chance it won't happen in 2022...thinking of dropping CF if I get a call from the dealer.
That's exactly where I am. If you have CF1, CF2 and definitely carbon seats, I almost guarantee we won't see cars for 2022.

You're trying to connect dots to help give you a timeline, and unfortunately, it won't work. You can't go on previous production and delivery experience because allocation, production, constraints and shipping are all in a major state of flux. I hate to rain on anyone's parade, but that is the reality of the situation right now.

goats scifri GIF by Science Friday
That's exactly what I tried to say in post #2, but we'll just keep trying to connect those dots

All I know is that I put my order in at the end of July. I was told a few months ago customers may have to drop CF to push their order through, so I went ahead and dropped CF then. This week I got the call my order is going to be picked up as long as I went no CF. Obviously, customers that didn’t want to drop CF got passed over.

All I know is that I put my order in at the end of July. I was told a few months ago customers may have to drop CF to push their order through, so I went ahead and dropped CF then. This week I got the call my order is going to be picked up as long as I went no CF. Obviously, customers that didn’t want to drop CF got passed over.
Well, yes, that's part of it. GM is going to build what they can build. CF was always in short supply. Then it went on constraint, then went 0%. Again, CF is only part of it. Your dealers ability to get an allocation is probably one of the biggest issues. I'm sure if I dropped carbon months ago OR ordered in August from a big store, say Sewell, I'd have a car in the garage. I'm frustrated, but know it's partially me. I'm ok with it now. I mean, it's a CAR, not life saving surgery that I can't get done. I want my car the way I want it. I'll wait. Come time to order a 2023, I'll decide if, and how, I'll go forward.

Well, yes, that's part of it. GM is going to build what they can build. CF was always in short supply. Then it went on constraint, then went 0%. Again, CF is only part of it. Your dealers ability to get an allocation is probably one of the biggest issues. I'm sure if I dropped carbon months ago OR ordered in August from a big store, say Sewell, I'd have a car in the garage. I'm frustrated, but know it's partially me. I'm ok with it now. I mean, it's a CAR, not life saving surgery that I can't get done. I want my car the way I want it. I'll wait. Come time to order a 2023, I'll decide if, and how, I'll go forward.

I ordered from Sewell Dallas. But I agree, getting an allocation is the biggest barrier. Nothing wrong with waiting and getting it exactly how you want it. After all, you’re dropping $100k on something you should get it exactly how you want it.

Well hell, you need me to make a call?? Hahahahahahahahahaha. just kidding!

You're trying to connect dots to help give you a timeline, and unfortunately, it won't work. You can't go on previous production and delivery experience because allocation, production, constraints and shipping are all in a major state of flux. I hate to rain on anyone's parade, but that is the reality of the situation right now.

goats scifri GIF by Science Friday
I remember this video of us when we were all running around trying to find our Blackwings in the very beginning of the goat rodeo. :happyanim:

For my 5 BW
: Ordered 1100 04/05/21
: Still 1100 06/01/21
: Still 1100 10/01/21
: Still 1100 12/30/21
: Still 1100 02/01/22
Projected:
: Still 1100 04/05/22 (1 year)
: Still 1100 05/01/22
: Order cancelled by GM 05/05/22
: ~395 days
The question becomes, do I want to put in an order for a '23 and start this whole process over, but competing against the hundreds of other orders that roll over, and possibly be starting even lower in the priority for another fun year of abuse by Caddy?

For my 5 BW
: Ordered 1100 04/05/21
: Still 1100 06/01/21
: Still 1100 10/01/21
: Still 1100 12/30/21
: Still 1100 02/01/22
Projected:
: Still 1100 04/05/22 (1 year)
: Still 1100 05/01/22
: Order cancelled by GM 05/05/22
: ~395 days
The question becomes, do I want to put in an order for a '23 and start this whole process over, but competing against the hundreds of other orders that roll over, and possibly be starting even lower in the priority for another fun year of abuse by Caddy?
YES, you do, trust me!

^^^^ @RupertH .....exactly!! That's exactly where I am. What to do? Resubmit or forget it? I really would like to know the changes for 2023. If I resubmit, I might put in multiple orders at multiple dealers. I know that's "wrong", but whatever. I may wait until 2024 and get one in the "last year".....my guess. I have no info about that.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back