Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Valet destroys a CT5 Blackwing

There is a "valet" feature on the 5. I'd have to get the book out to what it does, etc.

When I got back from the dealer yesterday, I checked my HD surround recorder to see if anyone had any fun. I'm pleased to say no shenanigans.
Locks infotainment system and steering wheel controls, as well as access to some vehicle storage locations. Don't believe it limits speed, RPMs or other aspects. You would likely have to use Teen Driver mode to limit speed.

The valet feature on our BW wouldn't have changed a thing in this situation. The valet is so the dumbass kid working there doesn't drift his way to a parking spot.

Next thing you know the valet will be suing GM for the horrible turning radius of the 5BW.

This is one terrible situation. When it happened he sent me the photos and it literally made my stomach hurt. I personally would have been furious, he kept his cool far better than I would have that is for sure. Also wild the Valet company wont share their insurance with him or provide a rental car or anything.

Hate to see this - I fully expected it to be a valet joy riding but doesn’t appear to be the case, just a bad decision trying to make any-turn across traffic
Nope definitely joy riding, sadly. Parked the car up front then went two blocks down the road an hour later. Had no reason to move the car.

Nope definitely joy riding, sadly. Parked the car up front then went two blocks down the road an hour later. Had no reason to move the car.
Damn bro, sorry to hear

No comments about the Gen 3 style hood vent? Love how the guy is wearing his V Blackwing shirt, a true enthusiast.

Hopefully he is made whole and can get another one without a huge wait. When I drive to the city I park in the one garage I can find that does NOT have a valet.
Savage cadillac has them. DM me and I can share more details.

Yeah yall, this hurts. If anyone knows a good lawyer in GA that will take a property damage/negligence/emotional damage/fxxk valet/sue everybody case let me know. As yall saw I have the PDR and surround view footage. It shows there was no reason to move the car off the lot. The Valet company has admitted fault, but is not working with me at all. As @sleepys4 stated, I still haven't even been offered a rental. I had to start a claim with my insurance to get the ball rolling.

Sadly the car probably will NOT be totaled. I just had the dealership get the car on a lift today, and it looks like the frame is fine from what could be seen. It seems like the only thing I will get out of this is the car repaired and MAYBE $20-$30k in diminished value. Nothing for the time wasted dealing with this, nothing for the anxiety dealing with this, and nothing for the time waiting to get the car back. I still plan on suing them none the less though.

I had a restored Camaro in storage that was stolen by some workers at the storage facility. I got an attorney right away and the process took nearly 2 years before I saw any money. Lesson here is be patient. There won't be any reimbursement for your time or any mental/emotional stress.

Your case is quite different. Most likely outcome is your insurance settles with you and they sue the valet company which as I said could take a very long time for them.

Last edited:
I brought my classic 1967 Cadillac deVille convertible out on a New Years Eve gathering back in the mid-80's at a local catering hall. I get there and let the valet park the car right out front. Its 18' 6" long. Its like docking the Queen Mary. Since he parked it right up front, I thought it was good. We ended up coming right back out because my brothers girlfriend was 18 years old and you needed to be 21 to get in. I walk around the car and the glint of the front end chrome wasn't right. I look and see that the valet had parked a Blazer with a lift kit , in font of me. He evidently backed up too far and hit the stainless steel moulding that runs under the front of the hood. Thank God, no paint or metal damage to the hood. The valet company did absolutely NOTHING to compensate for the new part I needed. I will NEVER again let a valet company touch any of my cars. Especially after hearing this shitshow of a horror story. I would park a ghetto cruiser at the restaurant with signs saying not to valet your car there.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back