Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing Collector Series 6-Speed…..BAT

Man just to show you, when you buy new its hardly an investment after you put all that PPF, taxes, and any ADM that got tacked on. Beautiful collectors blackwing though.

Man just to show you, when you buy new its hardly an investment after you put all that PPF, taxes, and any ADM that got tacked on. Beautiful collectors blackwing though.
I think most everyone that bought these as an investment were disappointed.

I bought it because it is an awesome car. YOLO and all that... :)

Cars are never an investment.
The last 4 years have really skewed everyone’s expectation around car ownership.
preach it @savethemanual indeed most used cars are suppose to be a depreciating asset. I see it as the price of fun.

I see it as the price of fun.
LOL, I like that.

Perhaps I should change my username to "FormerM4"?

Hey, I see on your sig that you also have a GR86. I was toying with the idea of buying one of those (Subaru version) for a track toy. What are your ownership experiences?

LOL, I like that.

Perhaps I should change my username to "FormerM4"?

Hey, I see on your sig that you also have a GR86. I was toying with the idea of buying one of those (Subaru version) for a track toy. What are your ownership experiences?
My last car was a 22 BRZ. As a track toy the only issue is the oil starvation issues on high G corners. I have been hearing there's an aftermarket fix in development but keep that in mind.

Why not track the blackwing? Consumables?

My last car was a 22 BRZ. As a track toy the only issue is the oil starvation issues on high G corners. I have been hearing there's an aftermarket fix in development but keep that in mind.

Why not track the blackwing? Consumables?
I've heard about the starvation as well as the sloppy gasket sealer getting into the oil pickup. Those two things really put a damper on the idea for me. I did get to test drive one, and it's a fun little car but kind of a brutal ride if one wants to just go for a Sunday drive.

I won't track the BW because it's just too expensive to risk out on the track. Yeah, I know, get the insurance, but that's not cheap and has a steep 10% or better deductible. And honestly, just too fast for me, big scaredy cat pussy boy. And consumables too, surely that's a factor. But the real reason is that it's just too fast, too capable for my comfort level. It's more fun to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow.

So I bought an older C6 Corvette that is more fun to drive than the BRZ, and will hold up (tires, brakes) better than the BW on track duty. And I can pop out the roof if the wife wants to go for a cruise on a summer evening. And it's easy and inexpensive to get stuff like track brake pads for that platform.

End of rationalization.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners