Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

V academy

^Speaking of Google maps, it looks like they change around the AutoX?
Ours was over by the Michelin bridge.
Screenshot_20221107-115512_Maps.jpg

That’s the same layout we ran in late August. Like driving on on griddle. So f..n hot. What were your lap times in the 4 approximately?
Here you go Kan ;) Having to shutdown my flying lap before the end kind of put a damper on it, but now I can aim to shed 10 seconds in the Spring and do it, lol

Last edited:
I'm also may 19th -20th. Se you there
Cool! EDC is also that weekend (electronic music festival) which I heard is awesome. I'm probably a tad old to go alone (49 by the time May comes around), but wouldn't mind going Saturday after the academy or Sunday if others from the V-group want to scalp tickets and go.

Cool! EDC is also that weekend (electronic music festival) which I heard is awesome. I'm probably a tad old to go alone (49 by the time May comes around), but wouldn't mind going Saturday after the academy or Sunday if others from the V-group want to scalp tickets and go.
Yeah, it's EDC weekend which is why flights and hotels are more expensive than usual.

Anecdotally, EDC is amazing, but also a complete pain in the ass to get into/out of the speedway.

I'm there that weekend too and staying at the MGM Saturday night, so hopefully they have somebody good at Hakassan and I'll probably just do that.

I'm in South Florida and have been to Ultra Music Fest a bunch of times and love it. But I've also heard that getting to/from EDC is a pain as well.

Not sure yet which hotel the conference will be at the following week, but they usually do it at Caesar's or the Venetian. After the two days of intense driving, a table/bottle at Hakassan or wherever sounds good though :m

I am scheduled for March 20-21 and have a semi-long flight home to Indianapolis. Given we don't get done until 4:00pm, are you trying to fly out that night or staying somewhere and flying out the next day?

I am scheduled for March 20-21 and have a semi-long flight home to Indianapolis. Given we don't get done until 4:00pm, are you trying to fly out that night or staying somewhere and flying out the next day?
My wife and I stayed in Vegas that night and flew home to Columbus the next morning. The day starts early, you might be jet-lagged (my wife has family in Vegas so we flew in a few days before school) and it's possibly an exhausting day with track activity.

That's what I am thinking. Thanks!

I've got a quick hop from & back to the coast - but you folks doing the country crossing thing (or close to it) would be sure to definitely get in a good day/day in a half ahead, ie. evening of the 18th or by midday on the 19th. They are a long 2 days and we're not doing the 24hrs of LeMans but it's still 2 days you want to be alert for and having any kind of hassles getting to town the day before isn't fun.

Returning home, I'm always a get outta dodge kinda person, but I can see the appeal of having a nice meal and then leaving the next day.

It is quite a ways to LV and the entire way is a very lucrative area for Nv Highway Patrol speed traps so they recommend you drive at or below the speed limit all the way back and they focus on later in the day returns to LV. So unless you are taking a near midnite flight early the next day is best.

Both of my trips to SM I've gotten there early and then spent a few day in Vegas afterwards.... I love the Bellagio!
Yes, those that have not gone yet, plan to get there early as possible. You never know if you’re flight will be delayed. Mine was 3.5 hrs delayed and didn’t get into the SM condo till just after midnight. Not good when u need to be fully alert when sending the BW at full throttle down the straight.

Was going with a buddy but he bailed so will have the wife with me. Hope there is enough shopping to keep her busy:rolleyes:
I'm scheduled for May 30-31 day after memorial day fly in early as have family outside of Vegas.
Hope to run into fellow members there, really looking forward to going :happyanim:

There are also some good dining options in/near Pahrump. It's recommended to make reservations a few weeks out.
Any particular place you would recommend?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back