Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Track mode engine/throttle reponse dull

Sorry, I meant do you have a different ptm setting in each mode? I thought maybe that could be a reason for the difference you're perceiving

Oh no. PTM is inactive by default. I think you can only do a preset PTM in V mode, which I also have inactive.

Oh no. PTM is inactive by default. I think you can only do a preset PTM in V mode, which I also have inactive.

Ohh okay. For me (CT4 BW) I can adjust/save the PTM setting in V mode or track mode in the center stack settings area.

I have V mode set to PTM dry so it enables launch control but doesn't push the suspension to full stiff

The Blackwing has two stability control and traction control systems - Traction Control System (TCS) and StabiliTrak/
Electronic Stability Control (ESC). SpringMountain had a session on this item and they also mentioned the linear versus non-linear throttle response is affected by the Driving Mode selected.

I think this is what you are looking for:

RACE 2
. For use by experienced drivers who are familiar with the track.
. Dry conditions only.
. Requires more driving skill than in other modes.
. StabiliTrak/ESC is off and engine power is available for maximum cornering speed.

In modes other than Race 2, the throttle is reduced when cornering - eLSD lock/unlock based on steering angle/and measured wheel slippage. So you if want to drift you need to be in Track/Race 2 mode.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back