Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Third Brake Light Flasher/Pulser

FLYARMY

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
Has anyone installed a 3rd brake light flasher on their BW4 or 5 ? I have one one my Challenger and it was a plug and play, that works great. 5 minute installation. Step on the brake and it flashes 3-4 times and won't flash again for 15 seconds as not to annoy drivers behind you. Please provide company info or website where purchased. Thanks.

I don't understand why anyone would want this? If I saw a flashing third brake light but the regular brake lights were still fully illuminated I'd be very confused.

Is it to get people to pay attention to the light so they don't rear end you?

I don't understand why anyone would want this? If I saw a flashing third brake light but the regular brake lights were still fully illuminated I'd be very confused.

Is it to get people to pay attention to the light so they don't rear end you?

I just do this manually in certain situations, where I believe I can see something up ahead where I'm going to want to slow down but I see someone approaching rapidly behind me. More often on the bikes than in a car--then again it's also easier/quicker to flick the brakes a few times by hand rather than by foot. I don't want this every time I hit the brakes so I don't want an automatic "flasher".

Last edited:
Not meant for any BW's IMO. Great for 90's Honda Civics

@FLYARMY - it’s your car so you should fix it up the way you want it. I haven’t seen one of these on a Blackwing yet but as distracted as folks behind the wheel are now days I can understand why you’d be interested. If you do find the answer, please post it up so others that are interested can do it too. (y)

Tough room.....
High School GIF

Sorry. I'm on the negative side of this. I really hate strongly dislike those things.

@FLYARMY - it’s your car so you should fix it up the way you want it. I haven’t seen one of these on a Blackwing yet but as distracted as folks behind the wheel are now days I can understand why you’d be interested. If you do find the answer, please post it up so others that are interested can do it too. (y)
Yeah, yeah...your car, do what you want. But it is *really* annoying to be behind a car that has that in traffic, especially at night.

In the same vein, has anyone gotten a rear facing crash cam setup they'd be willing to share?
Got the PDR set to auto record the front at all times (wiped of speed Mr. Police Officer...) but it's the Nissan Altimas and Honda Oddessy's that ride my ass I'm worried about.

In the same vein, has anyone gotten a rear facing crash cam setup they'd be willing to share?
Got the PDR set to auto record the front at all times (wiped of speed Mr. Police Officer...) but it's the Nissan Altimas and Honda Oddessy's that ride my ass I'm worried about.
I would look at BlackVue dash cams..... I've used them in several of my cars..

Sorry. I'm on the negative side of this. I really hate strongly dislike those things.
I’m going to have to hold back my comments on this one. But I will say I won’t be doing this to my car.

Has anyone installed a 3rd brake light flasher on their BW4 or 5 ? I have one one my Challenger and it was a plug and play, that works great. 5 minute installation. Step on the brake and it flashes 3-4 times and won't flash again for 15 seconds as not to annoy drivers behind you. Please provide company info or website where purchased. Thanks.
I personally like the concept as it gets the attention of the driver behind you a lot quicker than just the brake lights. Given the high number of distracted drivers on the road these days I would take any opportunity to get their eyes off their phone when they're behind me. Had a rapid flash 3rd brake light on my ZL1 and on more than one occasion I feel it caught the attention of a dimwit behind me.
I got it here: Gen5DIY.com | Home of all your do it yourself needs

If you live in NY (not in the sticks), you would appreciate this "safety" gadget. Here , we have young guns flying up our asses at 90+ miles per hour, changing lanes at warp speed. I for one appreciate seeing the flash up ahead , at height, so I can start slowing down before the guy in front of me slams his brakes. My Challenger has it and I know it has saved me from many rear end collisions. I for one do not need the headache of losing my new ride to an a-hole riding into my ass. The ones I see on the rice burners, have them so low , that only the car immediately behind is the only one to see it. My Challenger flasher only flashes 3x and then remains steady. If you start and stop in traffic, it will not continually flash. You need to drive for at least 15 seconds before it will flash again. So, if you see one that repeatedly flashes at every brake tap, they went the cheap route. Its supposed be an "attention getter" and they work.
Many of the thousands of accident reports that I took over 28 years......#1 answer : I didn't see them.

Those are annoying as fuck. Around here they are on every Kia and Hyundai. Please don't turn your Blackwing into an econobox.

If you live in NY (not in the sticks), you would appreciate this "safety" gadget. Here , we have young guns flying up our asses at 90+ miles per hour, changing lanes at warp speed. I for one appreciate seeing the flash up ahead , at height, so I can start slowing down before the guy in front of me slams his brakes. My Challenger has it and I know it has saved me from many rear end collisions. I for one do not need the headache of losing my new ride to an a-hole riding into my ass. The ones I see on the rice burners, have them so low , that only the car immediately behind is the only one to see it. My Challenger flasher only flashes 3x and then remains steady. If you start and stop in traffic, it will not continually flash. You need to drive for at least 15 seconds before it will flash again. So, if you see one that repeatedly flashes at every brake tap, they went the cheap route. Its supposed be an "attention getter" and they work.
Many of the thousands of accident reports that I took over 28 years......#1 answer : I didn't see them.
I understand the reasoning and don't fault anybody for it. I was just behind a Kia in traffic and every time they touched the brakes it blinked.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back