Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

The Blackwing Spotting Thread

Passing through an intersection last weekend, I saw a red CT5 waiting at the cross street stoplight. All I could see was the font end, and even that only briefly. I couldn't tell if it was BW or not, so that got me thinking about how to ID a Blackwing on the fly - particularly from the front.

At first I thought the only difference was the mesh pattern in the grill openings. But in looking at them more closely on Cadillac's website, all three CT5 models have slightly different front facias. The differences between the V and the V Blackwing are subtle, but distinct if you know what to look for.

CT5:
CT5.png

CT5-V:
CT5-V.png

CT5-V Blackwing
CT5-V%20Blackwing.png

Also, from the back, regular V's and CT5's have body color on the rear diffuser in the center.

View attachment 20250
But if you have a black car, how would you know? :)

Passing through an intersection last weekend, I saw a red CT5 waiting at the cross street stoplight. All I could see was the font end, and even that only briefly. I couldn't tell if it was BW or not, so that got me thinking about how to ID a Blackwing on the fly - particularly from the front.

At first I thought the only difference was the mesh pattern in the grill openings. But in looking at them more closely on Cadillac's website, all three CT5 models have slightly different front facias. The differences between the V and the V Blackwing are subtle, but distinct if you know what to look for.

CT5:
CT5.png

CT5-V:
CT5-V.png

CT5-V Blackwing
CT5-V%20Blackwing.png

Not much difference between the 5-V and 5-V Blackwing, if you don't have the more obvious CF splitter and wing. People can put on different wheels, so that's not a dead giveaway, either, although it's likely.

In my case, I'm very happy to *not* stand out. Black car, no carbon, debadged, etc. Obviously you can tell if you see the CCBs or the manual transmission, but you'd have to be closer for that.

Although Terrence, in another thread here, is making a good case for getting some wheels that stand out...

CT5:
CT5.png

CT5-V:
CT5-V.png

CT5-V Blackwing
CT5-V%20Blackwing.png

To me this is the best/quickest way to ID a Blackwing (both 4 and 5) if you can only see the front. If there's a black space between the vertical headlight and where the body color starts, it's a BW.

CT5-V Blackwing.png

Finally saw another 5BW while in my 5BW. On I95 in Milford this morning. It was a dark color like shadow metallic.

That had to be me. I live in Furlong on Swamp rd and go to that wawa multiple times a week. I remember chatting as well.

I've not seen any other BW's around whatsoever. Sloan Audi on 611 has a white one on the front lot for sale though. Lol
Greetings! I live just down the from the road ... just off Smith and Forrest Grove roads.

Come to NJMP this Saturday we are having what I hope is the biggest Cadillac-specific Cars and Coffee event in PA/NJ/DE for 2023.

Delaware Cadillac will be there as will their spokesperson - Miss NJ and Miss America Finalist, Kaitlyn Schoeffel. Check out my posting - "The Ultimate Cars and Coffee Event of 2023 (NJ/PA/DE/NY/MD)"

I always look for this to tell the difference between V and V-BW from the front.

View attachment 20252
V Blackwing front end is specific to the BW's with the air induction for the SC cooler and brakes. Also, the Blackwings come factory with black exhaust tips. Regular Vee's do not. You are spot on sir!

Spotted my first CT5-V Blackwing (Raven Black) driving on the road next to me. I was in my 911 not my BW, I rolled my window down and gave him a thumbs up...anyone here? This was on Rt 83 by heritage Park going south. @jwolf99 I know you mentioned there might be another member by us @RavenBW22 or something, hopefully he will chime in if it was him.

Saw my first in person on the Garden State Parkway northbound on Saturday, it got off around 153. I think it was the dark emerald frost color. Was very disappointed to see it crawling along at around 60 mph getting passed by everything on the road, I wanted to hear that V8.

Saw an orange 5BW on I475 in Ohio yesterday (Aug. 16).

I saw a black 5 with red seat belts on El Toro Rd in Lake Forest, CA this afternoon.

Anybody here? Spotted Aug. 8. Cruising through Danville on the 680 headed north. Tried giving a thumbs up but the driver paid no attention (to be fair, I was in my mundane daily- easy to not notice me! Hahah).

First (and only) 5BW I've seen in the wild other than my own of course. Made my day! Was so excited! Spotted that ass from a way back.

Attachments

• IMG_9858.jpg
    IMG_9858.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 80

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace