Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

The 4 gets shafted

Grainofsand

Seasoned Member
Every time I see a photo glorifying the Cadillac V blacking, it's always a 5BW (and some even have the pig Escalade-V in there next to the 5BW). The 4BW gets lost in the bustle just like the ATS-V.

When I cross shopped the 4 BW vs F80 M3 one of the things I loved about the BW was the “wolf in sheep’s clothing” effect. I love that the 4 flys a bit under the radar. Wouldn’t have it any other way!

When I cross shopped the 4 BW vs F80 M3 one of the things I loved about the BW was the “wolf in sheep’s clothing” effect. I love that the 4 flys a bit under the radar. Wouldn’t have it any other way!
Was about to come on here and say the same thing. A Subaru WRX tried to race me the other day (not a fair fight, I know), I gapped him so bad you could of landed a plane between us. He eventually found me and was like "what the hell is that"

Wouldn't have it any other way lol

A Subaru WRX tried to race me the other day (not a fair fight, I know), I gapped him so bad you could of landed a plane between us. He eventually found me and was like "what the hell is that"
Had that happen with a Tesla a few weeks back (after dusting him pretty good twice in a row).

When my 4V BW does get recognized (mostly by various American muscle car drivers) and they've commented on the car....its been my impression that they are mistaking it for the 5 (due to the reverent tones etc)

tough-crowd-comedian.gif

Had that happen with a Tesla a few weeks back (after dusting him pretty good twice in a row).

When my 4V BW does get recognized (mostly by various American muscle car drivers) and they've commented on the car....its been my impression that they are mistaking it for the 5 (due to the reverent tones etc)
Wow, beating a Tesla? I'm surprised and impressed. Don

Same thing happens to me, most people think it is a 5.

I always get the soccer moms/dads in vans and SUVs trying to race me to on ramps/merge zones.

Wow, beating a Tesla? I'm surprised and impressed. Don
Both times from a slight roll and both times I got on it real good....very satisfying...

Both times from a slight roll and both times I got on it real good....very satisfying...
A base Model 3 or Y, pretty easy as those are 5.8-6.0 sec 0-60 EVs. The Long Range Model 3 is a pretty close race with cars. The Model 3 Performance is an 11.7 sec 1/4 mile, 0-60mph in about 3.2 sec and will crush us from a dig. The new one is even quicker. I owned a 2019 Model 3 Performance and it would consistently crank out 3.2 0-60mph. It would take my ZL1 from a dig. That said, once we reach about 70mph we start pulling on them. We fair much better in highway pulls.

A base Model 3 or Y, pretty easy as those are 5.8-6.0 sec 0-60 EVs. The Long Range Model 3 is a pretty close race with cars. The Model 3 Performance is an 11.7 sec 1/4 mile, 0-60mph in about 3.2 sec and will crush us from a dig. The new one is even quicker. I owned a 2019 Model 3 Performance and it would consistently crank out 3.2 0-60mph. It would take my ZL1 from a dig. That said, once we reach about 70mph we start pulling on them. We fair much better in highway pulls.
I think it probably was a base Model 3. In the past I've run various Model 3s with my GTI and while they always took me right off the line I was flying by them by 60.

Also dusted an S model with my GTI from a fast roll (boy was he upset....he was already mad at me for cutting him off....guilty but not as bad as it sounds)...In the past it always seemed the Teslas petered out after a bit....my impression is most sustain their speed more now....always improving....still its ICE for me and MT of course...I do love to surprise those guys as they automatically think their going to be quicker...

I have noticed that motorcycle riders know exactly what the 4BW is. Tons of thumbs up and nods from those guys on the road.

I've yet to see a Tesla accelerating hard. I see the majority of them going the speed limit. The drivers probably all suffer from range anxiety and are staring at that gigantic screen to see how many miles they have left.

Mostly Tesla drivers are very tame. Prius drivers are far more aggressive in my experience.

Mostly Tesla drivers are very tame. Prius drivers are far more aggressive in my experience.
You mean the Prius is really a car? I HATE older Priuss. The latest version actually has enough go to be a decent car. Don

When I had my 911s, the soccer moms driving the Honda Oddsey minivan were always cutting me off. The 911 evokes lots of hate, people think you must be a real douche, to drive one. The BW is totally ignored, which is fine with me.

I've yet to see a Tesla accelerating hard. I see the majority of them going the speed limit. The drivers probably all suffer from range anxiety and are staring at that gigantic screen to see how many miles they have left.
For the most part thats true from what I've seen....however I have also frequently encountered pretty aggressive Tesla drivers...I've yet to have one take me the few times I've run with them...mostly in my Audi (now gone) and at times in my GTI. I've only run against one in my Caddy and beat him pretty handily.

I used to commute with a work colleague who owned a second gen Prius (that he finally traded in after 240K miles)...he was the opposite of aggressive....was always working his mileage and driving pretty slow. I have seen the opposite though...and the new ones are quite a bit quicker off the line (but still laughable really)

When I had my 911s, the soccer moms driving the Honda Oddsey minivan were always cutting me off. The 911 evokes lots of hate, people think you must be a real douche, to drive one. The BW is totally ignored, which is fine with me.
Its a shame that folks judge cars/drivers that way (mostly meaningless)....though I have to admit I've always had this thing wrt maxima drivers (deserving IMO)

Its a shame that folks judge cars/drivers that way (mostly meaningless)....though I have to admit I've always had this thing wrt maxima drivers (deserving IMO)
Funny because some of it is very true. They mention the blackwing.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners