Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

The 4 gets shafted

I used to commute with a work colleague who owned a second gen Prius (that he finally traded in after 240K miles)...he was the opposite of aggressive....was always working his mileage and driving pretty slow. I have seen the opposite though...and the new ones are quite a bit quicker off the line (but still laughable really)
Aggressive drivers (maybe erratic is a better word) I back off their ass to leave room in case they cause another driver to freak out. What I meant was tailgating, weaving in and out of lanes, and cutting off people. In general just being a nuisance. I’ve seen fast cars doing that, but more times then not these crazy drivers are in a POS.

Every time I see a photo glorifying the Cadillac V blacking, it's always a 5BW (and some even have the pig Escalade-V in there next to the 5BW). The 4BW gets lost in the bustle just like the ATS-V.
Back on topic.. the 4BW gets a lot of praise. Without all of the automotive journalists raving about it, and it winning Car and Driver every year it has been out, I would not have looked into one. It was just like my Miata experience, I was never really interested but everyone just kept talking about how damn good it is. So I said I had to see for myself, and now I own one. Sure if you are going to spotlight one Blackwing car the 5 is most likely going to grab the attention and get the most clicks (it’s a Caddy with almost 700hp), but the 4BW is definitely recognized as one of the best drivers cars out today by many.

Back on topic.. the 4BW gets a lot of praise. Without all of the automotive journalists raving about it, and it winning Car and Driver every year it has been out, I would not have looked into one. It was just like my Miata experience, I was never really interested but everyone just kept talking about how damn good it is. So I said I had to see for myself, and now I own one. Sure if you are going to spotlight one Blackwing car the 5 is most likely going to grab the attention and get the most clicks (it’s a Caddy with almost 700hp), but the 4BW is definitely recognized as one of the best drivers cars out today by many.
IMO, 5BW is awesome but the 4BW is more fun to drive. Felt the same way about my ZL1. The power is nice but for typical street driving the more toss-able car is usually more fun to drive.

The other nice things about the 4BW is the lower cost of ownership, 18" tires and cheaper oil changes (5w30 Dexos 1).

IMO, 5BW is awesome but the 4BW is more fun to drive. Felt the same way about my ZL1. The power is nice but for typical street driving the more toss-able car is usually more fun to drive.

The other nice things about the 4BW is the lower cost of ownership, 18" tires and cheaper oil changes (5w30 Dexos 1).
Even though I've never driven the 4BW I would agree based on my experience with V6 ~500 hp cars like the B8 S4 I owned. Great car and was looking for a different kind of experience (a V8 experience). The 5BW is obviously too much power for the street, but when I do tap that power, like on a freeway on ramp, it's sooooo much fun.

I like sleepers and the 4 is pretty sleepy. I do miss the startup sound of the V8 I had on my SS but 90% of my driving is above 5k’ in elevation and the turbo 6 just doesnt care.

Moreover, I use my car as a long range cruise missile, 90% of my trips are 180+ mi at a stretch, and I can one-tank it to Vegas in ~5hrs.

I think the reduced range of the 5 would be annoying in my case and of course the higher cost of acquisition and ownership of the 5 certainly makes the 4 a far more appealing daily, especially since I have no need for roomier interior of the 5.

That SC V-8 though…

I like sleepers and the 4 is pretty sleepy. I do miss the startup sound of the V8 I had on my SS but 90% of my driving is above 5k’ in elevation and the turbo 6 just doesnt care.

Moreover, I use my car as a long range cruise missile, 90% of my trips are 180+ mi at a stretch, and I can one-tank it to Vegas in ~5hrs.

I think the reduced range of the 5 would be annoying in my case and of course the higher cost of acquisition and ownership of the 5 certainly makes the 4 a far more appealing daily, especially since I have no need for roomier interior of the 5.

That SC V-8 though…
Bottom line, for most people the 4BW is the practical decision and the 5BW is not. I have absolutely no need for the 5BW, however, I never want to sell it.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back