Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Thanks Cadillac

So many Blackwing buyers are / were in the same boat. It should not surprise anyone.

Same frustrating boat… I think delays will possibly cost me 10k between drop in used car prices, interest rate increase, etc. Not that they can control all of that but they can influence and help by delivering ready cars.

I'm banking on APRs being high for about a year then re-fi's hopefully dropping once the market relaxes some. Otherwise it's going to be a heavy down payment, whatever interest rates are (best I've seen is 4.49% up to 72 mo with USAA) for a long term and pay down the principle quickly.

Really it's about $50-70 a month difference between APRS (for a $72.5k 4BW) but that's a tank of gas.

I get the frustration, but what did you do roll it into a mortgage? :LOL:
Any of us able to put $65k to $100k+ into a car are in a fortunate position (somethings worked out for us one way or the other) to make such an unnecessary purchase, but if it's really that much of a stretch maybe it's not the way to go.

I get the frustration, but what did you do roll it into a mortgage? :LOL:
Any of us able to put $65k to $100k+ into a car are in a fortunate position (somethings worked out for us one way or the other) to make such an unnecessary purchase, but if it's really that much of a stretch maybe it's not the way to go.
I get what you're saying. In my case it isn't whether I can afford it! It's whether or not I can justify the purchase!
Btw I don't have a mortgage or any other debt of any kind

Doesn't surprise me! It annoys me!!!
I get it. At least you are not surprised that you are annoyed. How many months for you since the build was accepted?

With no other debt, which is a great thing, write a check and be done. So much easier.

I get it. At least you are not surprised that you are annoyed. How many months for you since the build was accepted?

With no other debt, which is a great thing, write a check and be done. So much easier.
Lets see. I ordered on June 1st. Order was accepted on Aug 6th. Car was built on September 14th. Here I am more than six months later with no car.

My plan was to put down half and finance the rest. I don't like to deplete my cash on hand savings too much. I'll probably need a new roof in a few years and who knows what else might come up? I am getting older though and that does have some benefit. For example if I don't get the car for another month I'll be fifty nine and a half and I'll be able to draw from my Roth IRA.

Lets see. I ordered on June 1st. Order was accepted on Aug 6th. Car was built on September 14th. Here I am more than six months later with no car.
You're in good shape, still well ahead of the curve. I think for most buyers, it would be easier if GM provided no updates at all. Tell people 8-12 months from the time the build is picked up and your dealer will call when it hits their lot.

I sincerely hope yous arrives soon (y) Certainly worth the wait for anyone who prioritizes driving character. Amazing cars.

I went thru the same thing with my first order, wait and wait, its built, in the pen, constraints etc....Rates started to go up, barked at the salesman about delays and costing me extra money and the guy had the stones to tell me, folks that buy these cars dont care about interest rates or the cost of gas! WHAT! A week later I dropped his ass, got my deposit back and went to my backup order and got my BW!! Idiot, the reason I can think about buying a BW is because I make sound financial decisions along the way! The wait takes that prep on our part away for us in today's market. Hope you land your soon! Good Luck, she is worth the wait in my opine!

I would agree with you except I have seen people with build dates much later than mine get their cars. I know some have waited longer though.
No doubt that is frustrating, but it is luck of the draw. There was one batch in particular that arrived at dealers in less than 30 days from production. I waited about a year total (mostly on the build being accepted), and wouldn't you know it my 2023 was manufactured on 10/6 and delivered to the dealer end of October.

I've assigned my own EDD of 3/15/23, now I can get on with the holidays and contemplate why the Warriors suck ass this year.

Safe to assume most/all of us have done better than average, but paying $7k more for a '23 5BW or 1-2 points more in interest does take away some value from the equation.

I'm with @ArgentWing on preserving cash and will finance a portion of the purchase, but the rate doesn't matter too much because I will pay the balance in well under the term. My wife is an accountant and dislikes me spending money, but is horrified by any form of debt.

From the time I placed my order, my car fund lost 20k then I paid above MSRP just to ensure I got one. My own fault, sure, and I don't regret it, but the delays have impacted many of us.

I've assigned my own EDD of 3/15/23, now I can get on with the holidays and contemplate why the Warriors suck ass this year.

Safe to assume most/all of us have done better than average, but paying $7k more for a '23 5BW or 1-2 points more in interest does take away some value from the equation.

I'm with @ArgentWing on preserving cash and will finance a portion of the purchase, but the rate doesn't matter too much because I will pay the balance in well under the term. My wife is an accountant and dislikes me spending money, but is horrified by any form of debt.
Your wife sounds like a very smart lady!!

I feel bad for you guys having to wait and I was extremely lucky to get my cars so early out of the gate.. I also hate debt and try to pay cash for everything... I'm about to put a new HVAC system in my house and tho it sucks I have the cash on hand to do it.... I always tell my son that just because you have some cash in your pocket you don't have to spend it...

I also hate debt and try to pay cash for everything... I always tell my son that just because you have some cash in your pocket you don't have to spend it...
Thank you @Tall Steve! If my parents taught me anything it was the importance of being financially responsible! I thank them for that!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back