Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Question re rubber pieces behind outer grille openings (ct4v blackwing)

Seth

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing 46-404
I realize this is a very niche question... which is why I'm grateful for this very niche forum!

Behind the outer grille openings there are rubber strips (I assume these are some sort of deflectors to keep things from going where they shouldn't go, but am not entirely sure)... at any rate, I noticed today one of mine is very affixed and "in place" while the other one is just... floppin' around in there. I tried to see if there was somewhere to "tab" it into place but no luck. Can someone tell me if yours are the same? Thanks!

Last edited:
I've got my bumper off right now, let me see what I can find for ya.

Ok, see pics... there is indeed a male tab on the lower portion and a female tab on the upper portion. The male tab is hooked so that it sort of clicks into the upper portion's female uh, receptacle.

Also included a pic of the backside of the bumper showing how that gloss black piece is attached. Unfortunately for you it does have some of the clips holding it in, so it'd be tough to pull it out and gain better access to the rubber things.

That said, my passenger side rubber deflector thing was flopping around too after a minor fender bender and i can't see it really making any difference at anything short of extended hot lapping in the summer where every bit of airflow for cooling matters.

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• PXL_20231226_190047378.jpg
    PXL_20231226_190047378.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 42
  • PXL_20231226_190247010.jpg
    PXL_20231226_190247010.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 42
Ok, see pics... there is indeed a male tab on the lower portion and a female tab on the upper portion. The male tab is hooked so that it sort of clicks into the upper portion's female uh, receptacle.

Also included a pic of the backside of the bumper showing how that gloss black piece is attached. Unfortunately for you it does have some of the clips holding it in, so it'd be tough to pull it out and gain better access to the rubber things.

That said, my passenger side rubber deflector thing was flopping around too after a minor fender bender and i can't see it really making any difference at anything short of extended hot lapping in the summer where every bit of airflow for cooling matters.

Hope this helps!

Thank you SO much! I appreciate it

Were you able to “click” yours back in or is it a lost cause once it comes undone?

Is this the tab it clicks into/onto or am I looking at it wrong?

IMG_0767.jpeg

Last edited:
Glad to help! They definitely click into place, yes. And I couldn't get a good enough picture of the back side of the upper piece, but that's where they click back in (as opposed to the front where you've circled).

Glad to help! They definitely click into place, yes. And I couldn't get a good enough picture of the back side of the upper piece, but that's where they click back in (as opposed to the front where you've circled).

Ooooh. Got it. Thanks! I appreciate it

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners