Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Tapout CT4-V Blackwing Carbon Fiber Intake Test Results

Yes. If they notice aftermarket parts they could flag your file and use it against you later on.

There should be no grounds to void warranty service when related to cat back exhaust and or CAI. Once any tampering with Engine programming leaves any footprint your done, as well as emissions related components such as relocation of cats or blower pulley swap.
Dealer would need to prove how any simple non emissions bolt-on were direct cause of failure related to your warranty concern.

There should be no grounds to void warranty service when related to cat back exhaust and or CAI. Once any tampering with Engine programming leaves any footprint your done, as well as emissions related components such as relocation of cats or blower pulley swap.
Dealer would need to prove how any simple non emissions bolt-on were direct cause of failure related to your warranty concern.
I would think it's pretty easy to blame miscellaneous debris from an aftermarket intake, particularly if we're all here amazed at how an intake is capable of cranking boost. Can't say I've seen it actually argued either way, though.

Exhaust certainly a more difficult fight for the manufacturer/dealer.

I would think it's pretty easy to blame miscellaneous debris from an aftermarket intake, particularly if we're all here amazed at how an intake is capable of cranking boost. Can't say I've seen it actually argued either way, though.

Exhaust certainly a more difficult fight for the manufacturer/dealer.
Oiled cotton filter possible, ductwork and airbox, highly unlikely

I'm curious how many dealerships would realize the intake isn't stock. In my opinion, this absolutely looks like it should have been installed under the hood from the factory.

Tapout-Carbon-fiber-Cold-air-intake-with-logo-resized.jpg

So a question for Tapout: I'm seriously contemplating purchasing this intake. I'm mildly handy, have basic tools at home, but by no means a mechanic. Do you have any install videos or list of tools required for someone like me to install this at home? Appreciate the advice.

Christopher

It depends... If the "intake" is just the lid portion that you would remove and replace as if you were just changing out the air filter, that is just 10 screws.
If it requires replacing the entire intake box, then it would be more difficult and time consuming. @WONT TAP can clarify though.

So a question for Tapout: I'm seriously contemplating purchasing this intake. I'm mildly handy, have basic tools at home, but by no means a mechanic. Do you have any install videos or list of tools required for someone like me to install this at home? Appreciate the advice.

Christopher
Posted up thread, installed / uninstalled in less than an hour with basic hand tools.

@WONT TAP

I'm both excited and some what ambivalent about this intake. As a daily driver I spend a good deal of time operating the car in a window between 900 to 2500RPM. What's crazy is this car is brilliantly responsive in this range it has plenty of power even without making boost. This makes it really manageable and fun in traffic or around town.

Looking at the graph the stock set up is making 50 whp more from below 2.5k rpm. Am I seeing that right? Or is that just a quirk of the test methodology?

One of the key benefits of the 4BW is how strong it performs down low, even without any boost.

It really gets out of its own way at normal traffic conditions and then just keeps pulling when lay into it. Not sure I'd want loose 50whp and torque on the bottom.

Seems maybe thus mod is more for folks who are usually needing peak power.

Thoughts?

My boy drop the gauntlet at Houston for bolt on Mopars with 8.51. Caddy Bolt ons are gonna answer at the end of the month in ORL....I'm sure!

Stay tuned Duke!

Attachments

• 8.5 WR Bolt On.jpg
    8.5 WR Bolt On.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 57
@WONT TAP

Looking at the graph the stock set up is making 50 whp more from below 2.5k rpm. Am I seeing that right? Or is that just a quirk of the test methodology?

One of the key benefits of the 4BW is how strong it performs down low, even without any boost.

It really gets out of its own way at normal traffic conditions and then just keeps pulling when lay into it. Not sure I'd want loose 50whp and torque on the bottom.
Yes, it's true that you would give up a little low end power at WOT. But that's pretty much irrelevant...

When you're not under boost, the car will still feel the same way it did before. When you are under boost, you would nearly always want to be in a lower gear, rather than full throttle at 2,000 rpm. Even in first gear, at WOT, you will pass 2,000 rpm in a few milliseconds.

@WONT TAP

I'm both excited and some what ambivalent about this intake. As a daily driver I spend a good deal of time operating the car in a window between 900 to 2500RPM. What's crazy is this car is brilliantly responsive in this range it has plenty of power even without making boost. This makes it really manageable and fun in traffic or around town.

I think you're looking at the wrong line. The blue line is the one you should be looking at, reference post #6. If you're seeing 50whp down compared to stock then you're looking at the green line.

I think you're looking at the wrong line. The blue line is the one you should be looking at, reference post #6. If you're seeing 50whp down compared to stock then you're looking at the green line.

No, if you look the Red line is 50whp more from 2500 to 3000 than both blue and green. Prime in traffic blip country.

No, if you look the Red line is 50whp more from 2500 to 3000 than both blue and green. Prime in traffic blip country.

I think you're looking at the torque line. The bottom line showing HP is showing matched output from 2.9-3.0k RPM and only 20HP down at 2.6k RPM. I wouldn't look at 2.4k to 2.5K RPM as that's the start point for the run. Obviously it doesn't do 0HP at 2.4k RPM like the graph is showing. He'll have to confirm how accurate the 2.5k to 2.8k range is as well.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back