Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Tapout catless downpipes - video

How was the install?
Took me about 2 hours of touch time. Maybe an hour or so of figuring out how to do things. I had to order some wobble/swivel impact sockets. Both deep and shallow in 3/8th's. Unplugging the primary o2's was probably the hardest part.

Nice work Jesse. Your car sounds fantastic!

Took me about 2 hours of touch time. Maybe an hour or so of figuring out how to do things. I had to order some wobble/swivel impact sockets. Both deep and shallow in 3/8th's. Unplugging the primary o2's was probably the hardest part.
Yeah looking to do the catted ones at some point, any pointers?

Yeah looking to do the catted ones at some point, any pointers?
You'll want those swivel impact sockets, a couple ~10" extensions, a 2-3' pry bar, a good headlamp or magnetic flashlight and a deep and shallow 15mm socket. Every bolt you touch is pretty much a 15mm. A few 13mm's on a bracket that holds the 2 stock downpipes.

No tune is required for downpipes. The resonated ones will set Check Engine light, which you can address by using oxygen sensor spacers or our new DTC Assassin product.

No tune is required for downpipes. The resonated ones will set Check Engine light, which you can address by using oxygen sensor spacers or our new DTC Assassin product.
Interesting. I came from the VW world most recently, and you'd blow a turbo with an after market DP and no tune. Is there a decent HP bump with your DPs?

Without tuning, boost will remain the same as before, since our boost is controlled by the ECM. Aftermarket downpipes alone make very little performance difference on LF4 engines, and they definitely won't harm the turbos in any way.

Where these downpipes really shine is by making your exhaust sound louder, meaner and better than it already does. Our resonated pipes can be rowdy in Track mode with the active exhaust valves open. In Touring mode with the valves closed, you’ll barely notice a difference. The EPA Catted option still improves the sound quality and raises volume over stock, but by approximately half as much.

Someone needs to test o2 spacers with these. I know they generally don't work but sometimes you get lucky.

Someone needs to test o2 spacers with these. I know they generally don't work but sometimes you get lucky.
The original poster in this thread is testing them right now. ;)

294236485_576147934017236_1918411960129700401_n.jpg

@strohw The spacers are on there right now. These are pretty fancy versions though. No check lights yet.

I'm going to revisit this in a week or so to check on the status. Hopefully it doesn't change because I want a set of these.

Wow! The deecel pop's and bangs you usually hear during no lift is way more prominent sounding with those downpipes. Brutal sounding, in a good way of course
With the vales open, it cracks hard between gears. If only I had an exhaust mic haha

Could I theoretically pass emissions with dtc assassin? Would love to run catless but cels come with their own implications these days

Each area has their own emission testing requirements. Some places measure at the tailpipes. Some do a visual inspection. Others check for DTCs. So the answer is, 'it depends'.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back