Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Tapout catless downpipes - video

First anyone that's curious, another 100 miles in and my check light has thought better of things and turned back off. No code clearing or trickery. Just the ECUs learning ability.

20220829_131531.jpg

Wait, these are catless DPs and using spacers with cat material in them correct?

It threw the check light a hand full of times within the first 600 miles or so after putting them in, but it hasn't in about the last 1000 miles.
Hey, so I recently installed this with the o2 spacers. Check engine light is on, but has gone off for a couple days. I noticed when it's on though, I get a weird buzzing sound from the accelerator pedal. Is this something to do with the CEL?

Hey, so I recently installed this with the o2 spacers. Check engine light is on, but has gone off for a couple days. I noticed when it's on though, I get a weird buzzing sound from the accelerator pedal. Is this something to do with the CEL?
First time I've heard of someone getting a buzzing or anything of the sort from the throttle pedal. Can you narrow it down any more than that? I would really doubt it's being caused by the CEL unless you have a sensor/relay down there that's freaking out. You'd have to check your codes and see what it throws when you hear the noise.

First time I've heard of someone getting a buzzing or anything of the sort from the throttle pedal. Can you narrow it down any more than that? I would really doubt it's being caused by the CEL unless you have a sensor/relay down there that's freaking out. You'd have to check your codes and see what it throws when you hear the noise.

Attachments

• 20230604_190019 (1).mp4
    9.3 MB
I got a video of it. That weird buzzing sound is from the pedal and only happens when you get past the halfway point on the throttle. Gonna take it in tomorrow and see what's going on. Just thought I'd check here first if it was something to do with the CEL, like some sort of Cadillac thing to make sure you notice the issue.

I'd bet more that the O2 spacer is touching something when the motor is torqued up? I had one of the spacers loosen and it made a weird buzzy type noise and threw a O2 heater code. Tightened it up and both went away.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back