Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Tapout catless downpipes - video

Checking back in. Any CEL yet? If not, can you post the link to the spacers you're using.
No lights yet. And now it has the Tapout Fuel cam and Gigs throttle body installed.
1659467958831.png

Sounds too good to be true.
Once I dyno again I'll tell you how the factory software is dealing with it. The blackwing computer has a tq target and after it meets it, it starts dialing back the boost pressure. So I think what's going to happen is a wider and flatter torque curve with earlier hp but similar peaks.

Once I dyno again I'll tell you how the factory software is dealing with it. The blackwing computer has a tq target and after it meets it, it starts dialing back the boost pressure. So I think what's going to happen is a wider and flatter torque curve with earlier hp but similar peaks.
I like that's it a bored out factory TB, it would be invisible to a warranty issue.

Can you toss up the link to the spacers you're using

I can't say my experience isn't anecdotal, but these seem about the best versions of this type of product.

I can't say my experience isn't anecdotal, but these seem about the best versions of this type of product.
How many miles and drive cycles would you estimate you've got with the new downpipes so far?

I love this! You made the excellent factory exhaust sound even better, and louder. The burbles and crackles are more aggressive. And now we can actually hear real turbo whine too!

Wait a minute. Looks like some of your neighbors are emailing me right now about something...

Well my CEL did come on when I went back onto the dyno. So here's the thing: the stock ecu looks for a tq target, and once it hits that tq target value, it starts pulling back boost pressure. I learned this after talking to Christopher Berube, GM performance division lead program engineering mgr. Originally, these cars make 15psi peak and taper off to about 9psi at fuel cut. With the extra airflow now it's hitting that tq value at 13psi and then tapering down to 6-7psi at fuel cut. It's down ~2psi across the powerband but still making roughly the same peak numbers. (shown in SAE) It still peaks out almost 10tq higher and carries an extra 15hp/15tq or so another 600rpms or so at the top. Figure now the pipes are mostly for sound but being able to control boost, oh man, it'll make a huge difference.
296764218_632505008192083_526588665734465387_n.jpg

Well my CEL did come on when I went back onto the dyno. So here's the thing: the stock ecu looks for a tq target, and once it hits that tq target value, it starts pulling back boost pressure. I learned this after talking to Christopher Berube, GM performance division lead program engineering mgr. Originally, these cars make 15psi peak and taper off to about 9psi at fuel cut. With the extra airflow now it's hitting that tq value at 13psi and then tapering down to 6-7psi at fuel cut. It's down ~2psi across the powerband but still making roughly the same peak numbers. (shown in SAE) It still peaks out almost 10tq higher and carries an extra 15hp/15tq or so another 600rpms or so at the top. Figure now the pipes are mostly for sound but being able to control boost, oh man, it'll make a huge difference. View attachment 11323
What was the cause of the cell? Was it related to the catless downpipes or the reduced boost?

What was the cause of the cell? Was it related to the catless downpipes or the reduced boost?
It's for the downpipes. I'm going to let the ecu see the code for a while and see if it learns and shuts it off. Nissan ECU's will throw codes with straight up cat deletes and then after a few hundred miles shut off when they readjust. with the mini cats on the BW it might do the same thing.

It's for the downpipes. I'm going to let the ecu see the code for a while and see if it learns and shuts it off. Nissan ECU's will throw codes with straight up cat deletes and then after a few hundred miles shut off when they readjust. with the mini cats on the BW it might do the same thing.
Yeah I was thinking about using the catted down pipes but I wonder if I will get a code too. Thank you for all the info

Yeah I was thinking about using the catted down pipes but I wonder if I will get a code too. Thank you for all the info
Since the cats are EPA cert'ed 300 cell, very unlikely to throw a code. And you get around 80-90% of the same sound as the catless.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back