Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Spring Mountain

I saw all guests, who were in the classroom, invited to pile into the van (with instructors) and go to the various "exercise" sites.
Perhaps, if there are a lot of guests, they might not be as generous?
There were only (3) guests in the group I attended. My guest didn't go out in the van (or track ride-along), but the other 2 did.

We only had 5 in our class but only the ride along was offered. I noticed that every where near there and Vegas had Covid restrictions up. All of the staff were masked up there and at every business we went to. Maybe it's just a policy change for right now. Or he could have just forgot to say anything.

Nice!!! I'm scheduled for the late May class and super excited for it. The facility looks fantastic and it's nice to know which course layout we'll be doing.

Nice!!! I'm scheduled for the late May class and super excited for it. The facility looks fantastic and it's nice to know which course layout we'll be doing.
They use different layouts for classes, there is a north/ south, east and west tracks also.

I will be at Spring Mountain next weekend. Anything I should know or bring outside of what has been covered in this email or provided by SM? Do we get video of us driving? Should I bring my GoPro? Maybe mount it facing inside?

Ah okay.

So much for trying to study lines beforehand... Drat!

No reason to study lines even if you knew which layout you would use since you can't go flat out. Seems to always be lead-follow orientation (except any instructor hot lap you can get.) I enjoyed it nonetheless in 2018 with the V3 and will return this year for the CT5-V BW class.

I will be at Spring Mountain next weekend. Anything I should know or bring outside of what has been covered in this email or provided by SM? Do we get video of us driving? Should I bring my GoPro? Maybe mount it facing inside?
You get the SD card with the PDR video on all your driving. We only had 7 in our class. You can add the GoPro if you would like but they only allow suction cup mounts for it. It is fun and eat light. There is a professional photographer there that will get photos of you on the corse. I was in class last week. I also recommend looking at the cosworth software when you get home. I was super slow compared to a instructor 😁.

No reason to study lines even if you knew which layout you would use since you can't go flat out. Seems to always be lead-follow orientation (except any instructor hot lap you can get.) I enjoyed it nonetheless in 2018 with the V3 and will return this year for the CT5-V BW class.
Lead follow is correct, my instructors said to ride their bumper if you want to go faster. They would go as fast as you can keep up….

Just hope there is not a chip shortage in the storeroom. :D
They had SD cards as of today when I was there. There’s a chance of rain this weekend. That should make things interesting for you @Blackwing61 ;)
They were using the north course for the Cadillacs(6) today and the Corvettes(18) were on the other courses. The new 3.24 mi course was in use by NASCAR today, they said.

Last edited:
They have drone video, ask for a copy. Best Video was taken by my wife from the look out tower, if you have guest or ask someone to video, my wife took lots nd we sent out to students. I should have taken more pictures with me next to the car I was driving. My YouTube channel has lots of video from tower and ATV instructors take guests out. This is the view from tower, lots more on Channel.

@burn813 & @Tall Steve , it looks like I won't be joining you guys at Spring Mountain. I am scheduled to get the surgery I have been trying to postpone until after that weekend. They tell me if I don't get the surgery, they cannot guarantee it won't spread. So, my bucket list will have to wait until after the surgery to finish it if I can.

@burn813 & @Tall Steve , it looks like I won't be joining you guys at Spring Mountain. I am scheduled to get the surgery I have been trying to postpone until after that weekend. They tell me if I don't get the surgery, they cannot guarantee it won't spread. So, my bucket list will have to wait until after the surgery to finish it if I can.
I'm very new here and only recently found out BW's come with the Spring Mountain courses, but I wish you good luck on your surgery and subsequent recovery.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back