Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Spring Mountain

I have to be in Vegas in July for work and hoping to do the class then. How miserable will it be in the heat? It's a long trip and I'd really like to avoid making it again but I'd rather do that than not enjoy the class.
It will be hot, however I think they start at 7 during the summer, everything is air conditioned so it is doable

I have to be in Vegas in July for work and hoping to do the class then. How miserable will it be in the heat? It's a long trip and I'd really like to avoid making it again but I'd rather do that than not enjoy the class.
I made that mistake a few years ago...count on at least high 90s ambient and the track temp will be triple digits and you will drive with window down so a/C doesn't have much impact.

I don't like high heat but you may be different?

It's hot... 100+ degrees during the day 90s+ at night, but low humidity. I lived there for many years... but it catches me off guard when I go back now

I made that mistake a few years ago...count on at least high 90s ambient and the track temp will be triple digits and you will drive with window down so a/C doesn't have much impact.

I don't like high heat but you may be different?
When I attended earlier this March, they were pretty insistent on driving with the windows up to avoid rocks and things getting into the interior. You can run the A/C as much as you like though. The radio is not wired into the helmets so running the A/C fan on max may make it difficult to hear the radio attached to the passenger seat belt.

4BW buyers get it too. I'm also signed up for May 22-23, however they put you in the car you bought, not a car of your choice. 90% sure they make sure its the same drivetrain (manual/auto) that your purchase was as well.
Everybody in the class I was in were matched to what they owned model/trans although one guy was moved to an automatic when the clutch apparently failed on their assigned car during one of the track sessions.

When I attended earlier this March, they were pretty insistent on driving with the windows up to avoid rocks and things getting into the interior. You can run the A/C as much as you like though. The radio is not wired into the helmets so running the A/C fan on max may make it difficult to hear the radio attached to the passenger seat belt.

I think it would be the height of luxury to do a track day while having cold air blown up my ass from the cooled seats.

These cars are not tinted so even when it is 70 degrees and sunny it can get hot in there. They do give you a sports bottle and plenty of filtered water so bring it in the car and use the door drink holder so its not in the way of your shifts. That said you are mostly only in the car for 20-30 mins at a time for exercises and if not on track just waiting for your turn so its really not that bad. As stated you do have access to AC and my car had the seat coolers. I'd say if July is best then do it but unless you are the coolest cat around who is already comfortable with high speed turns and catapulting through the esses, expect to be sweating a fair bit on the runs. Its the challenge that make it memorable and I just got home yesterday and already want to make a trip back.

Two days away …

1648409841652.gif

Checking again to see if anyone else is in the April 5-6 class.

You and me have to hook up a date at VIR. Talking to Peter the owner of Kaizen Autosport who are on site about doing one or two arrive and drive days in May to get some practice time in before my WRL season. Might even bring the BW up to slap around.

You and me have to hook up a date at VIR. Talking to Peter the owner of Kaizen Autosport who are on site about doing one or two arrive and drive days in May to get some practice time in before my WRL season. Might even bring the BW up to slap around.
No matter what car I have, I'll road trip to VIR!

No matter what car I have, I'll road trip to VIR!

I’ve got a buddy who’s putting together an open track day at Roebling June 7th, iirc it’s limited to 25 or so cars. Lmk if you’re interested and I’ll have him email you a registration link. It’s not VIR but it will be fun. I’ll bring the BW.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back