Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Spring Mountain Impressions

Do we really want to open up the pizza discussion? This coming from a Chicago area guy with many good deep dish pizza restaurants. I am not a fan of the pencil thin pizza that gets folded over to be eaten out East...
Agree, your qualified

I also like thin crust pizza as well. Just not that pencil thin stuff... ;shrug
If you're talking about what I refer to as cracker crust, I wholeheartedly agree.

Strongly recommend Carmelo’s. It’s a small Italian restaurant a short drive from the track. The pizza is pretty good, but the calzones are way better. The bruschetta & garlic bread are unreal & are must gets. They’ll also pour you normally expensive liquor very generously very cheap.

Looking forward to my visit on April 3-4.
Any restrictions on taking your own photos and videos at any parts of the facility?
I’m guessing they won’t let you set up a GoPro in the car but I thought I’d ask because my son offered to lend me his.
But I won’t bother bringing it if it’s verboten.

No issues taking pictures or videos. They did as that you use a suction cup mount instead of the 3M type. Of course they don’t want you holding the camera taking pictures or video while driving.

Looking forward to my visit on April 3-4.
Any restrictions on taking your own photos and videos at any parts of the facility?
I’m guessing they won’t let you set up a GoPro in the car but I thought I’d ask because my son offered to lend me his.
But I won’t bother bringing it if it’s verboten.

They allow GoPros. I had the GoPro clamp and clamped it to the part where the seat belts go through on the carbon backed seats (that part is just black plastic and the rubber clamp didnt marr the plastic at all) and the instructors had no issue with it. I had the GoPro a bit more on me because the PDR has a much better view out the window anyway. I put it on the passenger seat and it had a good view.

During the figure 8 test you are in another car so you won't have any footage of that if you don't have another recording device.

Speaking of the figure 8, did anyone drive the opposite car of their own on that? I ended up in a 5 which is what I have but I kinda regret not offering to trade with the guy who got into the 4. I've always heard that the 4 is super nimble and fun to drive. Would have loved to have a quick go in that on the figure 8 and heck even the track.

Speaking of the figure 8, did anyone drive the opposite car of their own on that? I ended up in a 5 which is what I have but I kinda regret not offering to trade with the guy who got into the 4. I've always heard that the 4 is super nimble and fun to drive. Would have loved to have a quick go in that on the figure 8 and heck even the track.
In our group I think we all kinda thought... oh hey?! But I got the impression we were all too polite to impose so we drove what we owned, lol
It's pretty impressive how well the car shut down the shenanigans with the nannies cranked up!

Yes the Nannie’s are on point. I use to drift and figure 8 my old pickup pretty easily in dirt and snow. But the CT4 definitely takes some practice to get it right.

Speaking of the figure 8, did anyone drive the opposite car of their own on that?

Somewhat related: I have a 6MT in my 4BW but booked an auto for my upcoming (June) Spring Mountain trip just so I could experience it.

The 4 vs 5 swap sounds interesting. I'll definitely see whether anyone in my group is interested. Thanks for the suggestion.

The 5's have alot of power to kick the rear end out during the turns on the autocross. My traction control light came on a few times during the autocross. If you power-brake the car up to about 1000-1500 RMP you get a bit quicker start.

Don't mean to hijack, but I'll be going to Spring Mountain on 3rd & 4th of April...

I was planning on driving from Paso Robles direct to Spring Mountain on Sunday (https://goo.gl/maps/kjLj6DHuFvfg1t8n9)

Anyone else from SoCal area planning on driving out for this event? How are the temps and road conditions driving up there this time of year when it comes to driving on PS4S? :)

Don't mean to hijack, but I'll be going to Spring Mountain on 3rd & 4th of April...

I was planning on driving from Paso Robles direct to Spring Mountain on Sunday (https://goo.gl/maps/kjLj6DHuFvfg1t8n9)

Anyone else from SoCal area planning on driving out for this event? How are the temps and road conditions driving up there this time of year when it comes to driving on PS4S? :)
Coming down from the East Bay I got a rental (since I was going onto some National/State parks and wanted some light off roading options) and the main roads were fine.
I took 178 over and 58 back (178 on the return trip woulda been a no go on account of the weather). I went via Ridgecrest on the way and more roads were open than when I went in Nov. Took 15 back and it's an interstate, so it does what an interstate should.

Like with any car, watch the temps at elevation and you'll be grand!

Last edited:
The 5's have alot of power to kick the rear end out during the turns on the autocross. My traction control light came on a few times during the autocross. If you power-brake the car up to about 1000-1500 RMP you get a bit quicker start.
TC light? AutoX is ALL OFF or go home! 😂

Great question. I am sure the instructors have that answer figured out. I will ask when I am there next week.

Which cars have the faster lap times - automatic or manual?
On the config we ran they said there’s not much difference. There were only a couple places where you’d shift. I ran a car both with and without carbon ceramics and didn’t notice a difference on that track either. Now on other tracks the auto is definitely faster & I imagine the unsprung weight would matter more of the CCB too

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back