Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Spring Mountain Impressions

That's nothing that Duct tape...er...Racer's Tape can't fix.

Figure I might as well go balls to the wall and maximize the $2K deductible.
nascar-wall-ride.gif

So, how was it?
GREAT, sorry you couldn’t make it.We arrived 2 days early just like some have said avoid jet lag some.Facility/ accommodation are top notch. Driving instructors all very professional pleasant no matter what your skills are they make everyone feel comfortable, their critics are subtle never make you feel uncomfortable.
Cars, well you’ll ever see so many in every color/ configuration, every one had carbon 1/2 and top interior. All car are broken in by instructors/ management driving them first before they see track time. Tires are changed every thousand miles +/-
They have about 40 new Z06!
Track time was EXCELLENT used East track with good straight (128 top speed) and balance of turns, lap times in final session in 1min 16s. I did have a four-wheel drift @100mph never let out of it instructor came back to car after session wanted to see the video L0L. Word of warning ⚠️ stay away from cones carbon fiber doesn’t like it at 70 mph! I did find out I’m not an AUTO X person never got out of shape just couldn’t get it done! Here’s the other thing if you have 4 BL in this forget trying to beat it with a 5BL, 4BL so much better turning.
Weather, should have been perfect but cold weather along with snow flakes high wind both days, sand blowing on track made it interesting.
Brakes , my car had ceramics personally couldn’t tell the difference. Here’s my big take from this YOU WILL RELEARN HOW TO USE AND MODULATE BRAKES LIKE NEVER BEFORE! If you want to go fast this is the way I’m not hard on brakes at home this is a completely different mind set.
Final note RUN IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT! It’s not your car ,you can beat it as long as you stay on pavemen. They’ll tell you to use up the car, so get after it right away!
There you have it I’m sure there’s more to say I could go on but there it is in a nutshell.

Last edited:
Well here is the unexpected costly side effect of going to Spring Mountain.

It was my first time seeing the CT5 blackwing in person with both CF1 and CF2 packages, and my number 23 car I had there had both packages in the same electric blue color, graphite wheels and red calipers as my car.

Now I can't look at my Blackwing sans CF1, CF2 the same way.

So I saved 4k by getting the free experience but it cost me 6k+ in CF parts (already have the CF1 parts from before).

Well here is the unexpected costly side effect of going to Spring Mountain.

It was my first time seeing the CT5 blackwing in person with both CF1 and CF2 packages, and my number 23 car I had there had both packages in the same electric blue color, graphite wheels and red calipers as my car.

Now I can't look at my Blackwing sans CF1, CF2 the same way.

So I saved 4k by getting the free experience but it cost me 6k+ in CF parts (already have the CF1 parts from before).
I also had #23 was a very high mileage car!

My 34A had over 52,000 miles on it. Josh said they had to buy some cars used due to constraints last year. So he did say it wasn't 52,000 track miles. But it ran like my 6 month old 5300 mile car, so all was good. More seat time than the 2019 VAcademy. Similar outstanding schedule and instruction. But the weather did suck. High winds both days, and a low of 31 Tuesday morning. Here is the demo lap where the instructor drives you around the track to demonstrate how you really should be able to drive it.

Here’s the other thing if you have 4 BL in this forget trying to beat it with a 5BL, 4BL so much better turning.
Wait, what? I wasn't told about this... - I just about ran away and hid from the 4's with my 5 at the AutoX!

So nervous about it! Nervous about screwing up or being totally a slowpoke lol . Will be there next week
The instructors will take good care of you. Don't be nervous. Treat it like the most fun learning class you will ever take.

Also, I mentioned to them about #Lift Points for both vehicles as they have a Garage Talk at the end of the class, and that specific point wasn't mentioned. They are very open to feedback, and are also extremely knowledgeable, experienced, and qualified.

So nervous about it! Nervous about screwing up or being totally a slowpoke lol . Will be there next week
No need to worry - they do a really good job of sorting people together based on their pace. I was one of the slowpokes, but I got dropped into a slower group - and going at a similar pace to the rest of my group gave me a bit more time and confidence to work on my technique and actually get faster (instead of white-knuckling it trying to keep up). Throughout the day, everyone dramatically improves their times, and you'll learn a lot.

The most dangerous aspect of all this is that you might get hooked and acquire a real expensive hobby.

Yeah I was there last August just to check it out and Rick Malone the Chief Instructor gave me a tour of the place. Great guy! Spent almost an hour with me. Sent him a nice gift basket.

I know this has been discussed before but just to confirm...do you tip the instructors at the end of each day?

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners