Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Spare Tire Kit

1BadTundra

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4 BlackWing
Has anyone swapped out the Can of Fix a Flat and air pump for a spare tire and jack kit? I sidewall puncture will live you on the roadside anytime. I would feel better with a spare tire. It looks like the molded foam comes right out, and leaves a spare tire well. Thoughts on this? Yes, this is the BMW 7 series kit, but seems to be a better fit for the Blackwing than the CT4 kit, which has a different bolt pattern, and no offset for the big brakes.

As long as the bolt pattern lines up and the OD is the same as the other side, go for it. A lot of guys did the same thing with their SS's that didn't have the spare option.

I had one of their kits in my "sons" Camaro and it was a nice setup...

Attachments

• IMG_0196.jpg
    IMG_0196.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0195 (2).jpg
    IMG_0195 (2).jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 84
How closely does a spare like this have to match the actual tire size?

Tire Rack says the 4BW's rear tires are 0.4" taller than the fronts (25.5" vs 25.1"). With the tricky e-diffs and stuff we have, should be try to make it match the rears as closely as possible?

Apologies in advance if these seems like a dumb question. I've been driving AWD cars for the past 18 years, so always had all 4 tires identical and had a full-height spare.

Another thread had reported that Modern Spare was working on one late last year. Checked their website and BW still not listed as a choice.

is the 4BW and 5BW the same, ie, bolt pattern and offsets?

I think the 4BW is an 18" wheel and the I know my 5BW is a 19" wheel, so most likely not.

Just checked and found the following for a 5 BWView attachment 14346

Adding the link....

But it's on backorder....

These kit options are currently in a “backorder” status. The specific wheel required for this vehicle is out of stock and not expected to be ready for shipment until late November though possibly sooner. We encourage you to submit a backorder reservation. With this reservation, you will have an order in place once the wheels arrive. No charges or holds will be placed on your card until the kit is in stock and ready to ship. At that time, you will be notified via email with order information. This will ensure your order is in place and you will not be affected by other potential inventory shortages. Thank you – Modern Spare

Tall Steve, did it take up a lot of room on past cars as these 5BW's have a small enough truck as it is and it appears they have made it fairly compact. Your thoughts sir?

IMG_0063.jpeg

I guess I should have looked at the photos, lol. My car is at the detailer for paint correction & ceramic, so I will have to measure when it returns to see how the trunk space is affected. Two more days and she's back safe in my garage, lol.

Tall Steve, did it take up a lot of room on past cars as these 5BW's have a small enough truck as it is and it appears they have made it fairly compact. Your thoughts sir?
I had it in a Camaro and it took up a lot of room....IMHO it will take up room in the trunk of a 5BW too but I'm going to get one as I don't put crap in my trunk.. To me its a great insurance policy..

Does anyone have a picture of the Modern Spare kit in the trunk of a CT4V or CT5V? Gracias!

We use our car for getaways, 2 bags nap shack small cooler.
No room left, rolling the dice crap shoot! LOL. Not putting down rear seats.
We do have complete set tire so we could ship one if we couldn’t find one at a dealer.

Has anyone swapped out the Can of Fix a Flat and air pump for a spare tire and jack kit? I sidewall puncture will live you on the roadside anytime. I would feel better with a spare tire. It looks like the molded foam comes right out, and leaves a spare tire well. Thoughts on this? Yes, this is the BMW 7 series kit, but seems to be a better fit for the Blackwing than the CT4 kit, which has a different bolt pattern, and no offset for the big brakes.

Couldn't you just remove the foam insert under the trunk floor and fit it right in there? This way you don't lose any trunk space

How can any spare work on these cars when the diameter of the front tire is different from the back tire? Doesn't that mean you would need two spare tires? The difference is .4 inches, so how many miles could you drive before you would damage the rear differential if you used a tire with the diameter of the front tire? Or wouldn't you damage it at all?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back