Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dumb question about OEM Tires

burn813

Original Ginger
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
I am a little confused, I thought the tires that came on the car are run flat tires? But aren't run flat tires from Michelin indicated with a ZP on the tire? Did I miss something?

I am a little confused, I thought the tires that came on the car are run flat tires? But aren't run flat tires from Michelin indicated with a ZP on the tire? Did I miss something?
I noticed they changed the wording to stop flats ?? LOL It used to be run flats.

@Mirza Grebovic has covered this already. I think that there was some confusing nomenclature but, we definitely do not have run flat tires.

They are not run flats. There is a can of fix a flat in the trunk
Then why do they call them Summer only Stop Flat tires and I haven't seen a bottle of fixaflat

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-08 at 10.22.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-08 at 10.22.09 AM.png
    43.2 KB · Views: 105
For the love of god please don't spray that crap into your wheel unless you want to destroy it.
Agree. Not only does it not ever work, but makes a serious mess in the wheel. :(

I always augment the inflation kit with an actual plug kit. Complete PITA, but better than being stranded.

I thought stop flat meant "this tire stops from getting flat" ha

On this subject. Is there any CT5 that has a spare tire, even a donut? Shouldn't be too hard to retrofit the whole kit into the BW.

This may or may not work.....I have one for my sons Camaro....Nice kit...

It looks like they're in Salt Lake City by their area code. @SSEEYA may be close to check fitment with those massive front calipers.

The stuff works pretty well actually. We had plenty of nails in our test fleet hence the comment. Its also similar to bike sealers, hose it with water and comes right off. Also due to rotation it really only goes to the tire so its not that messy really.

And yes, stop flat means you have to stop when you get a flat. Run flat means you can run while flat.

I also have a plug kit in the trunk by the way as Nino313 knows too well 🤣🤣🤣🤣

The stuff works pretty well actually. We had plenty of nails in our test fleet hence the comment. Its also similar to bike sealers, hose it with water and comes right off. Also due to rotation it really only goes to the tire so its not that messy really.

And yes, stop flat means you have to stop when you get a flat. Run flat means you can run while flat.

I also have a plug kit in the trunk by the way as Nino313 knows too well 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Thats good to know, but I'm probably going to call a tow...

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back