Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Roll Call

I'm Hogan, 34, single, no kids, originally from Hawaii, currently reside in Henderson, NV (SE Las Vegas). Been at the same video streaming company for the past 5 years. Started as a Tier 1 Customer Support Tech, currently a Jr. Systems Engineer on our Infrastructure Dev Team, with SRE (Site Reliability Engineer) on the road map.

Car background: I used to drag race a stick '84 Trans Am back in the mid 2000's that I build with my dad from the ground up. Had a 385SBC, G-Force T5, Currie 9" in the mid 11's before a couple of forged rods departed the block on a sweet burnout. After moving away from home (or rather never returning after college), kept up with some interesting cars on a limited budget and eventually transitioned into 4x4 trail running and car camping aka "Overlanding" in the last 5 or so years.

Interesting vehicles I've had over the years:
'84 Trans AM
'90 C1500 454SS - slammed, exhaust
'93 GMC Typhoon - lowered, LS1 Camaro 4 wheel disk upgrade, 20G turbo, Turbo Tweak, meth, etc
'99 2RZ Tacoma - T25 turbo, APEXi SAFC2, W58 trans (5spd supra), SRunner 8.4" rear, LSD, AL Flywheel, etc
'08 4.0L 4x4 Tacoma - URD Stage 2 Supercharger, full exhaust, UCON EMS, 3" lift, 33's, DIY AL camper, etc.
'18 Colorado ZR2 - 35's, regeared, ADS/King suspension, GFC Camper, Relentless bumpers, etc
'06 Saab 9-7x 5.3i, lowered, Polyurethane bushings all around, tuned - the current DD.

The Supercharged Tacoma was a mid 13 sec truck that I sold this time last year, after not really using it for two years prior because of the ZR2 build, so i'm longing for some excitement back in my life. Looking to replace the Saab with a manual 4BW in the very near future. Looking to do one of the Drag Week style events with it this year or next.

I'm Hogan, 34, single, no kids, originally from Hawaii, currently reside in Henderson, NV (SE Las Vegas). Been at the same video streaming company for the past 5 years. Started as a Tier 1 Customer Support Tech, currently a Jr. Systems Engineer on our Infrastructure Dev Team, with SRE (Site Reliability Engineer) on the road map.

Car background: I used to drag race a stick '84 Trans Am back in the mid 2000's that I build with my dad from the ground up. Had a 385SBC, G-Force T5, Currie 9" in the mid 11's before a couple of forged rods departed the block on a sweet burnout. After moving away from home (or rather never returning after college), kept up with some interesting cars on a limited budget and eventually transitioned into 4x4 trail running and car camping aka "Overlanding" in the last 5 or so years.

Interesting vehicles I've had over the years:
'84 Trans AM
'90 C1500 454SS - slammed, exhaust
'93 GMC Typhoon - lowered, LS1 Camaro 4 wheel disk upgrade, 20G turbo, Turbo Tweak, meth, etc
'99 2RZ Tacoma - T25 turbo, APEXi SAFC2, W58 trans (5spd supra), SRunner 8.4" rear, LSD, AL Flywheel, etc
'08 4.0L 4x4 Tacoma - URD Stage 2 Supercharger, full exhaust, UCON EMS, 3" lift, 33's, DIY AL camper, etc.
'18 Colorado ZR2 - 35's, regeared, ADS/King suspension, GFC Camper, Relentless bumpers, etc
'06 Saab 9-7x 5.3i, lowered, Polyurethane bushings all around, tuned - the current DD.

The Supercharged Tacoma was a mid 13 sec truck that I sold this time last year, after not really using it for two years prior because of the ZR2 build, so i'm longing for some excitement back in my life. Looking to replace the Saab with a manual 4BW in the very near future. Looking to do one of the Drag Week style events with it this year or next.
Cool to see another Saab around here even if it's a TrollBlazer hehe.

I think you mean ragerts 😂
1646185324377.png

I'm 40 and live near Grand Rapids, MI. Have owned an online retailer since 2007, which I have not run the day-to-day in a long time. Also part owner of an company that does service and automation software for industrial machines.

I haven't had too many cars of note. I had a Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 when I was in my early 20s. I then bought a Lotus Elise in my mid-20s. Then eventually bought a Lotus Evora S and then an Evora 400 which I sold last October. I actually loved the 400, but I had my first child 2 years ago and rarely ever was able to drive it. So I decided for the time being to get a car I could have fun driving with a stick and still be able to pick him up from daycare if needed.

Someday I may go back to a sport or supercar, but for now I am hoping I can get a CT5-V Blackwing to tide me over for awhile.

Attachments

• Image17.jpg
    Image17.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 96
  • Image18.jpg
    Image18.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 101
  • Image58.jpg
    Image58.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 91
Whatsup everyone! I’m 27 years old and was born, raised, and still living just outside Raleigh, NC! I work in supply chain for a medical laboratory that does toxicology, blood, bio-genetics and since 2 years ago, lots of Covid testing and DNA sequencing!

I took delivery of my CT4-V Blackwing this past Friday. My only real car of note that I wonder previously was my 13’ Camaro SS 1LE that I traded in on the BW. I got that thing brand new back in 2013 when I was 19 and I taught myself to drive a manual in it.

Very excited to be part of this community!

Greetings all. I'm 35, happily married, no kids (going through the adoption process), and am an Air Force officer currently teaching at my alma mater in Colorado Springs. We will be heading to DC area this summer as I transition to work on the staff of one of our federal agencies. Have lived in more places than I care to list and have probably owned more than 50 cars. Just sold my Trackhawk so we are down to just a Prius which is not big deal since we will be moving to DC in a few weeks and could only afford to buy one parking space. A few of my favorites:
2021 Jeep Trackhawk
2019 CTS V
2012 911
2018 Lexus GS-F
Several Ford/Ram/GM Diesel Trucks
2017 WRX STI

I just placed an order for a 5BW a couple of days ago so I expect I have quite a lenghty wait ahead of me. I also ordered a BMW M3 Competition so we shall see which comes in first. I'm hoping to get the BW and keep it since it'll more than likely be the last V8 powered manual sports sedan. If any of you fine folks are around the DC area and do cars and coffee or something of the like, let me know.

Hi. I live in Massachusetts east-central part of the state, worcester county to be exact. I've been in tech for the past ~40 years and still doing it at 63.. Grew up next to a Cadillac dealership and was completely infatuated with them as a youngster.. This CT4BW will be my first though. My wife and I are talking about going electric soonish so I decided to buy a dream car and I think this one will fit that perfectly. I've never had a car with this kind of power so that will be interesting for sure!
I currently drive a mk7 GTI and picked up a 2021 Miata in December.. Will trade or sell the GTI when the BW arrives.. Covid has been very good for my cars.. I've only put on ~10k miles since the beginning 2 years ago. I am also a bit of a hermit now, but hey if the shoe fits..
I really enjoy reading this form and appreciate Rob and all of the advice and sharing found here

Greetings all. I'm 35, happily married, no kids (going through the adoption process), and am an Air Force officer currently teaching at my alma mater in Colorado Springs. We will be heading to DC area this summer as I transition to work on the staff of one of our federal agencies. Have lived in more places than I care to list and have probably owned more than 50 cars. Just sold my Trackhawk so we are down to just a Prius which is not big deal since we will be moving to DC in a few weeks and could only afford to buy one parking space. A few of my favorites:
2021 Jeep Trackhawk
2019 CTS V
2012 911
2018 Lexus GS-F
2017 WRX STI

I just placed an order for a 5BW a couple of days ago so I expect I have quite a lenghty wait ahead of me. I also ordered a BMW M3 Competition so we shall see which comes in first. I'm hoping to get the BW and keep it since it'll more than likely be the last V8 powered manual sports sedan. If any of you fine folks are around the DC area and do cars and coffee or something of the like, let me know.
Good for you on the adoption process as my son is adopted and its the most awesome thing you can do for a child! It's funny because we adopted our son when he was 7 days old and he even looks a lot like me, or I've been told and as far as I'm concerned he is my blood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is a little spoiled but I'm very proud of him..

Good for you on the adoption process as my son is adopted and its the most awesome thing you can do for a child! It's funny because we adopted our son when he was 7 days old and he even looks a lot like me, or I've been told and as far as I'm concerned he is my blood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is a little spoiled but I'm very proud of him..
Good on both of you. My oldest is in the same camp. She started teaching this year fresh out of college for kindergarten kids. Getting married to a great dude this summer. <-----Proud Dad

Hello my friends. Greetings from the Philly suburbs. Let me first say that I am very happy to be here, because it means that there are other people out there in the universe who are sympathetic to the horrific suffering of someone who has to endure the indignity of waiting a little while to get his $70k sport luxury sedan. No one in my offline life -- certainly not my otherwise amazing wife, son and daughter-- seems to offer the appropriate amount of pity given the situation. It is not easy being me. Then again, these are the same people who have accused me of having a childish sense of humor, so clearly they can't be trusted.

My current car stable consists of my wife's and my daily drivers, a 2019 BMW i3 for her and a 2019 Genesis G70 6MT for me. In the garage is my 2005 S2000, and left out to fend for itself is our family truckster, a 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite. I paid the extra money to get the Elite with the dual-input rear entertainment screen so that my kids could play video games and watch a DVD simultaneously. After 15 minutes into the first drive, my kids both told me they were car sick and the screen hasn't been used since.

During covid I sold my 1966 GTO back to my father-in-law, from whom I purchased it in 2012, a beautiful car that I'm glad he can enjoy again in his upcoming retirement. When I owned it I called this pair the odd couple:

IMG_2753.jpg

image1.jpeg

The stable just before we donated the Volvo and bought the Odyssey:
image0.jpeg

The G70, seen here in winter mode, soon to be sold for my future 4BW:
IMG_3045.JPG

Other cars in my and my wife's past, oldest to newest:
1998 GTI 5MT
2001 GTI 5MT
2005 Subaru Legacy GT 5MT
2007 Mazda3 5MT
2008 BMW X3
2010 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI
2012 Chevy Volt
2016 Chevy Volt
2017 VW GTI

My advice to you all going forward- do not listen to those who tell you there is no pain in waiting or having waited for your pricey toy to arrive. There is pain...and it is real. Keep hope alive.

-TY

Last edited:
Hello my friends. Greetings from the Philly suburbs. Let me first say that I am very happy to be here, because it means that there are other people out there in the universe who are sympathetic to the horrific suffering of someone who has to endure the indignity of waiting a little while to get his $70k sport luxury sedan. No one in my offline life -- certainly not my otherwise amazing wife, son and daughter-- seems to offer the appropriate amount of pity given the situation. It is not easy being me. Then again, these are the same people who have accused me of having a childish sense of humor, so clearly they can't be trusted.

My current car stable consists of my wife and my daily drivers, a 2019 BMW i3 for her and a 2019 Genesis G70 6MT for me. In the garage is my 2005 S2000, and left out to fend for itself is our family truckster, a 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite. I paid the extra money to get the Elite with the dual-input rear entertainment screen so that my kids could play video games and watch a DVD simultaneously. After 15 minutes into the first drive, my kids both told me they were car sick and the screen hasn't been used since.

During covid I sold my 1966 GTO back to my father-in-law, from whom I purchased it in 2012, a beautiful car that I'm glad he can enjoy again in his upcoming retirement. When I owned it I called this pair the odd couple:

View attachment 7332

View attachment 7333

The stable just before we donated the Volvo and bought the Odyssey:
View attachment 7334

The G70, seen here in winter mode, soon to be sold for my future 4BW:
View attachment 7335

Other cars in my and my wife's past, oldest to newest:
1998 GTI 5MT
2001 GTI 5MT
2005 Subaru Legacy GT 5MT
2007 Mazda3 5MT
2008 BMW X3
2010 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI
2012 Chevy Volt
2016 Chevy Volt
2017 VW GTI

My advice to you all going forward- do not listen to those who tell you there is no pain in waiting or having waited for your pricey toy to arrive. There is pain...and it is real. Keep hope alive.

-TY
Typical Jersey prick referring to himself as from the Philly burbs.

Good on both of you. My oldest is in the same camp. She started teaching this year fresh out of college for kindergarten kids. Getting married to a great dude this summer. <-----Proud Dad
That is awesome and gives us both something to look forward to through the very unpredictable process of adoption. I don't think I have ever endured a process so out of my control before (well maybe, trying to buy a 5BW? haha).

Hey guys; I'm the old man out, I guess. I'm 68, a retired VP of Tax for a major insurance company, and have owned my CT4 BW since September (#83). Had to buy this, as the last gasp of manual transmission performance ICE cars. Also have a 22 MX-5 Miata (also manual) and a Chevy Bolt (go figure out that mix!)

I've probably owned more than 80 new cars over my lifetime, and have had M3's, Vettes, X3M's, SRT Neon, etc. This car has the best balance of comfort and performance of any of them. It will be a keeper!

For those who haven't their cars yet, keep the faith; it will be worth the wait!

2021 Jeep Trackhawk
2019 CTS V
2012 911
2018 Lexus GS-F
2017 WRX STI

If you want a blackwing buddy, keep me posted on your arrival to DC... we'll get the cars, wives, and kids together.

As an army veteran, I promise I'll keep my chair-force comments to myself. Noble of you to teach the next generation of leaders and I hope all goes well with the adoption.

If you want a blackwing buddy, keep me posted on your arrival to DC... we'll get the cars, wives, and kids together.

As an army veteran, I promise I'll keep my chair-force comments to myself. Noble of you to teach the next generation of leaders and I hope all goes well with the adoption.
Will do and many thanks! As an AF guy, I have had more Army bosses than AF ones. Was just deployed with Army Patriot fellas and appreciated them when they shot down some TBMs. And I'll try to keep what Army really stands for to myself; Air Force Reje...MeYester....

All one team ultimately and thanks for your service!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back