Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Roll Call

Hey guys; I'm the old man out, I guess. I'm 68, a retired VP of Tax for a major insurance company, and have owned my CT4 BW since September (#83). Had to buy this, as the last gasp of manual transmission performance ICE cars. Also have a 22 MX-5 Miata (also manual) and a Chevy Bolt (go figure out that mix!)

I've probably owned more than 80 new cars over my lifetime, and have had M3's, Vettes, X3M's, SRT Neon, etc. This car has the best balance of comfort and performance of any of them. It will be a keeper!

For those who haven't their cars yet, keep the faith; it will be worth the wait!
Right behind at 67. Retired engineer with AT&T. Built engines in my bedroom when I was in high school. Just recently sold my 57 Chevy high school driver. Always been a GM guy. Had a couple of Hurst/Olds (72 & 75), 70 Monte Carlo SS 454, 95 Z28 Camaro, numerous other trucks and cars.
My wife teaches 3 year olds. She uses those skills to communicate with me.

posted over in the introductions last week but I'll summarize here since this thread gained traction.

I'm Jon, I'm ACTUALLY from the Philly Suburbs @Throat Yogurt. I'm 28 and am an Engineering Manager in the automotive industry.

My current car is a 2015 Cadillac ATS, 2.0T with a manual transmission. I figured that when I got it, it would be the last chance for me to a luxury marque with a manual transmission. Then came the blackwings. I figured its now or never to own something like this and finally found a dealer at MSRP to pull the trigger with.

I'm hoping to get my car by the summer so I can enjoy it. My TPW now shows next week but it has jumped for a few weeks now so I'm not holding my breath too much.

58 school of hard knocks, own and run quarry N.E PA guess makes me geologist, 18 years ago bought local gas Station, got my second degree petroleum engineer ! LoL
All GM from day one still have my first car 70/442 convertible 4 sp along the way picked up 70/442 W-30 hard top both cars totally restored National winners. Love big HP and torque had duramax made 675 to wheels high 12 in quarter embarrassed a lot of people at the track with it lol.
Anyway it’s a great forum enjoy reading everything on here thanks Rob!
Patiently waiting for our CT5 BW ordered June/20

Last edited:
Hi fellow enthusiasts. 55, software sales, married, 4 kids – one off the payroll (oldest son, he as the car bug as well and is a Service Advisor at a local Volvo dealer after going to Volvo’s SAFE program in Phoenix) and 3 in college this year (oldest daughter in VT/graduates in May/engineer/job at GE, youngest son in WVU, youngest daughter in JMU). Wife and I were born and raised in south Jersey (yep – we said “from Philly” when traveling), BUT we made it legit in 2019 when we surprised the kids, sold the house and moved downtown. Our 5 bedroom house was empty most of the time and no one was in the pool in over a year. At first they were like WTF, but once they got over losing their childhood rooms, they flipped and love being in the city with their friends. We have a 3 BR apartment in a lux high rise (a master and 2 home offices) and no house chores on weekends or expenses! Our lease is up in August and we are moving to FL later this year (tax savings and life style – see below).

I inherited the enjoyment of cars from my dad and we’ve had almost every brand (GM, Ford Expedition EL , the first years Chrysler Pacifica years ago, Honda, Acura, Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Volvo). Our peak was in 2017 when we had a Q7 and Z06 7M in the fleet, which we sold to buy a boat (basically shifted the portion of disposable income that is over and above their transportation value). The boat - Dilly Dilly, is a 2018 ocean rated sailboat that we will live aboard and sail on in 2 or 3 years. She is currently docked on the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland.

When the BWs were released, I got the bug for a 5BW. Fortunate for me, my wife enjoys cars, driving sticks and totally approved. Since we are in the city, we rarely drive and only have one car. Therefore, it will be treated like a third-car garage queen.

Below are a few pics of our journey (view from my home office, the cars, the boat). Nice to connect here, enjoy the wit of the group and share our enjoyment of cars. Now back to refreshing the browser… I am off 3800? Does Jack Cooper show a delivery date?......

Attachments

• Apt view.jpg
    Apt view.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 2017 cars.jpg
    2017 cars.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 98
  • dilly dilly picture.jpg
    dilly dilly picture.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 104
Name is Randy. Will be 69 next month and been married for almost 43 years. One son who is a RN who shares my passion for cars. Taught him to drive a stick in my 2000 C5. We both share a love for bikes but that ended when a lady ran a red light and hit me from behind while on my Z900 18 months ago. 3 plates and 13 screws in my right shoulder convinced me after 45 years of riding it was time to quit while I still could. This is the main reason my BW was ordered with the A10 vs the M6.
Retired from the USAF in 1992 as a E8 then became a wildlife photographer (we lived in Alaska). Did that for another 20 years and gave it up after we left Alaska (lived there about 35 years).
Found an online add for some land in Tennessee in 2014. We looked at it and fell in love with the people and property. Bought 42 acres and built a house in the middle of it. We sit on our back porch and watch the 1 acre lake and all the critters that enjoy the water. I can walk out on the front or back porch and take a leak or shoot a gun anytime I like. It is a 200 yard walk to the deer stand where we hunt in the fall. I can park a boat, trailer, or anything else anywhere I want. Love that freedom.
High performance cars include:
1986 GT Mustang
1987 Toyota Supra
2000 Corvette
2009 Corvette
2013 Corvette with A&A supercharger
2017 Corvette
2017 SS sedan
2020 Zl1 Camaro

My passion is a 4 door performance sedan. The SS was likely my favorite car but at the time I needed a tractor more than a car so had to sell it. We are far from rich but have made good decisions when buying/selling houses and not wasting our money so for the first time in my life can afford a car like the Blackwing. Plan on waiting the rest of this year (22) for the BW to be built. If that fails most likely I'll end up with a C8. Either one will most likely be my last performance car.

Last edited:
Hi fellow enthusiasts. 55, software sales, married, 4 kids – one off the payroll (oldest son, he as the car bug as well and is a Service Advisor at a local Volvo dealer after going to Volvo’s SAFE program in Phoenix) and 3 in college this year (oldest daughter in VT/graduates in May/engineer/job at GE, youngest son in WVU, youngest daughter in JMU). Wife and I were born and raised in south Jersey (yep – we said “from Philly” when traveling), BUT we made it legit in 2019 when we surprised the kids, sold the house and moved downtown. Our 5 bedroom house was empty most of the time and no one was in the pool in over a year. At first they were like WTF, but once they got over losing their childhood rooms, they flipped and love being in the city with their friends. We have a 3 BR apartment in a lux high rise (a master and 2 home offices) and no house chores on weekends or expenses! Our lease is up in August and we are moving to FL later this year (tax savings and life style – see below).

I inherited the enjoyment of cars from my dad and we’ve had almost every brand (GM, Ford Expedition EL , the first years Chrysler Pacifica years ago, Honda, Acura, Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Volvo). Our peak was in 2017 when we had a Q7 and Z06 7M in the fleet, which we sold to buy a boat (basically shifted the portion of disposable income that is over and above their transportation value). The boat - Dilly Dilly, is a 2018 ocean rated sailboat that we will live aboard and sail on in 2 or 3 years. She is currently docked on the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland.

When the BWs were released, I got the bug for a 5BW. Fortunate for me, my wife enjoys cars, driving sticks and totally approved. Since we are in the city, we rarely drive and only have one car. Therefore, it will be treated like a third-car garage queen.

Below are a few pics of our journey (view from my home office, the cars, the boat). Nice to connect here, enjoy the wit of the group and share our enjoyment of cars. Now back to refreshing the browser… I am off 3800? Does Jack Cooper show a delivery date?......
Which part of South Jersey ?? I grew up in Wildwood.

Her Cinnaminson, me Willingboro, us Marlton
I'm originally Cherry Hill and now Voorhees plus work in Moorestown... so I'm from Philly too🤣. Used to work at Pizza Den (now Ciconte's) back in the day. Plus (shameless plug) my one of my best friends owns Johnny Scoops in Wildwood. Best ice cream down the shore!

Hey all, 42 here, married, 2 kids. Project Manager for a small landscape architecture company.
Born and raised in NJ, north of NYC. My love of cars started as a kid with hot wheels and tv shows like knight rider, dukes of hazzard, A-team, etc. A typical 80s childhood. My first car(in 1996) was a 1973 dodge Coronet 4dr. Had numerous cars since then including 2 Cadillac STS Northstar cars(95&98), '01 Camaro SS, '99 Yukon denali, 30 or so 3rd and 4th gen assorted F bodies, Full-size Broncos, '80s dodge daytonas, '08 Saturn Sky Redline, '05 CTS-V, '14 camaro, '04 GTO(Holden Monaro conversion). But as of now, I just have a '79 corvette project(untouched for 21 years), 2 '88 Trans am GTAs(1 being a factory Notchback car-718 made), '96 Dodge ram 2500 turbo diesel, an '05 Honda Odyssey, and a 2010 CTS Sport wagon. In regards to cars I've registered/insured/driven, I'm at around 50 or so. Totals cars I've bought, I think my GTO was #100.
My CT5V BW was ordered to replace the GTO/Monaro which a tree fell on back in August 2021.
I bought the CTS wagon to do a LS3/T56 swap in late November when it seemed betting a BW wasn't going to happen but when I got an allocation in december, I decided to leave that car stock and either drive it as my beater or sell it.
I've worked as an auto mechanic and a landscaper. Then I was active duty Army - 88M Truck Driver/Unit Armorer. Deployed in '09 Afghanistan, combat vet, combat wounded. Then NJ National guard. Worked as a finish carpenter, electrician and now the project manager job.

Hey all, 42 here, married, 2 kids. Project Manager for a small landscape architecture company.
Born and raised in NJ, north of NYC. My love of cars started as a kid with hot wheels and tv shows like knight rider, dukes of hazzard, A-team, etc. A typical 80s childhood. My first car(in 1996) was a 1973 dodge Coronet 4dr. Had numerous cars since then including 2 Cadillac STS Northstar cars(95&98), '01 Camaro SS, '99 Yukon denali, 30 or so 3rd and 4th gen assorted F bodies, Full-size Broncos, '80s dodge daytonas, '08 Saturn Sky Redline, '05 CTS-V, '14 camaro, '04 GTO(Holden Monaro conversion). But as of now, I just have a '79 corvette project(untouched for 21 years), 2 '88 Trans am GTAs(1 being a factory Notchback car-718 made), '96 Dodge ram 2500 turbo diesel, an '05 Honda Odyssey, and a 2010 CTS Sport wagon. In regards to cars I've registered/insured/driven, I'm at around 50 or so. Totals cars I've bought, I think my GTO was #100.
My CT5V BW was ordered to replace the GTO/Monaro which a tree fell on back in August 2021.
I bought the CTS wagon to do a LS3/T56 swap in late November when it seemed betting a BW wasn't going to happen but when I got an allocation in december, I decided to leave that car stock and either drive it as my beater or sell it.
I've worked as an auto mechanic and a landscaper. Then I was active duty Army - 88M Truck Driver/Unit Armorer. Deployed in '09 Afghanistan, combat vet, combat wounded. Then NJ National guard. Worked as a finish carpenter, electrician and now the project manager job.
Where in NJ. I grew up in Parsippany.

My name's Jon and I live in the Great White North, more specifically south eastern Ontario.

I'm 29 years old and I was bitten by the car bug about 6 years ago. Nobody in my family enjoys cars and only looks at them as modes of transportation. Which is a blessing and a curse, the blessing is nobody asks for the keys, the curse is nobody in my family likes cars but luckily I've made some friends over the years who enjoy them as much as I do.

I've owned a few vehicles over the last 6 years, I actually went through 4-5 last year.

2016 Camaro V6 RS
2019 Corvette Grand Sport A8
2019 Corvette Z06 M7
2020 KIA Stinger GT
2021 Corvette Stingray
2019 Civic Type R
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2022 BMW M3 Competition xDrive

I currently still own the Z06 and the M3. I have a CT5-V Blackwing ordered which will be replacing my M3 and I also plan on putting in an order for a ZL1 1LE shortly as well with the goal of having all 3 manual LT4 powered GM cars although I think it will be a while before I get all 3 in the driveway, I look forward to the day I do.

As you can see I enjoy GM cars, not because I'm any sort of brand snob or feel they're superior but because they just happen to make what I like.

Joe Spenard . 59. Cook county IL. till I got drafted @ the age of six . (Army brat). Cars ,bikes & planes whole life. 2 kids,b-g ,6&9 . Wonderful wife . Gear head since B4 I was born .Pilot \ A&P mech. Spent 25 winters n the 49 th state. Currently - 1965 F250 step side4x4,F6B Honda,1990GSXR1100. Put a deposit on a B/ W 5 6sd order to the goat rope n. Thank you ALL 4 the input . ROB,Tall Steve thx& BLACKWING BILL,additionally.

Joe Spenard . 59. Cook county IL. till I got drafted @ the age of six . (Army brat). Cars ,bikes & planes whole life. 2 kids,b-g ,6&9 . Wonderful wife . Gear head since B4 I was born .Pilot \ A&P mech. Spent 25 winters n the 49 th state. Currently - 1965 F250 step side4x4,F6B Honda,1990GSXR1100. Put a deposit on a B/ W 5 6sd order to the goat rope n. Thank you ALL 4 the input . ROB,Tall Steve thx& BLACKWING BILL,additionally.
I bet you went to Dukes, Strats, maybe 4 corners? Dupage here. You'd have to kill me to get me to go to the city anymore. Welcome to the rodeo.

I figure I better do this as I spend too much time on this site.

Name is Brandon from Sacramento, CA. I am 37 y/o, married and have a 2 1/2 y/o.

I have been into cars/trucks my entire life. I get it from my Grandfather, who fully restored a 56' Chevy Bel-Air. He sold that to build a 1955 Chevy Pickup that I am in the middle of finishing for the family. In high school and college I owned a mobile car detail business. I finished college and got into commercial real estate which I have been in for about 9 years.

I was a GM truck guy for a long time. I started with a new 2000 Chevy S-10 Xtreme which was a lemon and GM bought back. From there I bought a new 2002 Chevy Silverado that I bagged and put way too much into it. It turned into my detailing truck and wasn't reliable enough so I sold that for a new GMC 4-door Sierra that I did minor mods to. I had to sell that to buy a house (f*cking banks) and had a Saturn as a commuter. Once I closed on the house I bought a used 2006 Escalade. I had that for years, got married and that turned to the wife's car as then I started to get hit with the car bug. I took over my sister-in-laws 2014 Mercedes E-350 lease which then I took over a lease on a 2016 BMW 550i which then I took over the lease on a 2018 CTS-V. I loved everything about the V3 except for the CUE and control system. I got in on the initial reservation for the BW and was very off and on on buying it (too small for work). I am glad I stuck with it because it is a special car for sure. I don't see myself ever selling it and rather start building a car collection. I am getting the itch for a diesel truck.

I figure I better do this as I spend too much time on this site.

Name is Brandon from Sacramento, CA. I am 37 y/o, married and have a 2 1/2 y/o.

I have been into cars/trucks my entire life. I get it from my Grandfather, who fully restored a 56' Chevy Bel-Air. He sold that to build a 1955 Chevy Pickup that I am in the middle of finishing for the family. In high school and college I owned a mobile car detail business. I finished college and got into commercial real estate which I have been in for about 9 years.

I was a GM truck guy for a long time. I started with a new 2000 Chevy S-10 Xtreme which was a lemon and GM bought back. From there I bought a new 2002 Chevy Silverado that I bagged and put way too much into it. It turned into my detailing truck and wasn't reliable enough so I sold that for a new GMC 4-door Sierra that I did minor mods to. I had to sell that to buy a house (f*cking banks) and had a Saturn as a commuter. Once I closed on the house I bought a used 2006 Escalade. I had that for years, got married and that turned to the wife's car as then I started to get hit with the car bug. I took over my sister-in-laws 2014 Mercedes E-350 lease which then I took over a lease on a 2016 BMW 550i which then I took over the lease on a 2018 CTS-V. I loved everything about the V3 except for the CUE and control system. I got in on the initial reservation for the BW and was very off and on on buying it (too small for work). I am glad I stuck with it because it is a special car for sure. I don't see myself ever selling it and rather start building a car collection. I am getting the itch for a diesel truck.
I forgot to mention when we solid the Escalade we got a new Jeep Grand Cherokee with a Hemi. It’s been a great vehicle but out grew it for family trips so we just got a new loaded Denali. The Jeep has become the 3rd vehicle for bad weather or when I need extra space for work. I’ll trade it when the time is right. But for my first mopar it’s exceed my expectations. Other than service department, just as bad as GM. Maybe worse.

One more fun fact, I was a founding partner and owner of a GM truck website called GMFullSize.com. The guys who I created it with sold it a few years after creating it. I was heavy into forums like this a long time ago.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners