Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Roll Call

57 years old and married for 30+years with two daughters 27 and 26 old that live nearby. I have been working for an International Chemical Company in various Technical, Product Management and Marketing rolls for 30+ years and have lived in numerous different states including North Carolina, Wisconsin, New York, Massachusetts and abroad in Switzerland and most recently Singapore.

I have always been a car guy, since I can remember, even had the obligatory Countach poster hanging on my wall. My first car was 1968 Ford Torino Convertible with with a FE 390-4V and have been hooked every since. Over the years I have also have owned a FC3S Mazda RX-7, Typ 8D Audi A4 2.0T Quattro that was chipped (both manual's), Mercedes Benz W204 C180 Combi, Mazda 6 right hand drive and currently own a 2019 Genesis G70 3.3T, 2022 Genesis GV70 3.5T and a 2016 Shelby GT 350.

Very happy to be part of this forum and share in everyone's excitement and occasional frustration :hb, for what is sure to be one of the last vehicles of its kind.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Finally put down roots in Albuquerque, NM about ten years ago. Met my wonderful wife and decided to do a bit less hopping around. This will be my second American car and hopefully less of a pain in the neck than my Jaguar. Looking forward to meeting some of you fellow enthusiasts at one of the Cadillac track events.

Notable Cars/Bikes:
914-6 (Conversion, it was a '72 4 pot upgraded to a 2.7L flat 6)
Jeep CJ-7 4.2
944 S1
420 SEL
Ducati Monster 620 head swapped to 800cc
RX-8
987 Boxster
Ducati 749S
TT-S Gen 2
F-Type v6s @ 425whp

I'll let everyone guess at age based on the cars haha!

Interesting thread. My name is Tom, currently in Atlanta but working for a company in the Bay Area so I'm torn halfway between Georgia and California. I design and build data centers, which is a good gig. You (yes, all of you) have used my work.

Bought several new cars over the years with my ex-wife, but this will be only *my* second new car--the old Integra keeps running just fine (knock on wood). I've owned a few really good motorcycles (no better engine than a Honda V-4). I've kept both a car and a motorcycle over 25 years so I'd imagine I'll keep the Blackwing for a long time, too.

Like Rob, I'm 51 but don't (usually) feel or act like it. Like Tall Steve, I'm firmly in the #savethemanuals (or
#longlivethemanuals) camp. The Blackwing, to me, is a "buy it now while you still can" purchase, particularly because of the manual. There are a few other cars I feel the same way about, might also purchase one or two of them before their model runs are over.

Interesting thread. My name is Tom, currently in Atlanta but working for a company in the Bay Area so I'm torn halfway between Georgia and California. I design and build data centers, which is a good gig. You (yes, all of you) have used my work.

Bought several new cars over the years with my ex-wife, but this will be only *my* second new car--the old Integra keeps running just fine (knock on wood). I've owned a few really good motorcycles (no better engine than a Honda V-4). I've kept both a car and a motorcycle over 25 years so I'd imagine I'll keep the Blackwing for a long time, too.

Like Rob, I'm 51 but don't (usually) feel or act like it. Like Tall Steve, I'm firmly in the #savethemanuals (or
#longlivethemanuals) camp. The Blackwing, to me, is a "buy it now while you still can" purchase, particularly because of the manual. There are a few other cars I feel the same way about, might also purchase one or two of them before their model runs are over.
The couple smaller data centers I've planned out and built have been fun. I could see that being a great gig when/if I get tired of my current gig running the IT of a bank. The research facility was a lot of fun but way more work with a smaller budget and strangely way more money flowing through it!

Seems unlikely you'll ever run out of work with the way the world is moving!

Howdy everyone! My name is Brian and I'm living in Fort Worth. 28 year old with no wife and no kids, which is the main reason I can afford a car like this. Currently work as an engineer at Lockheed Martin. Have always longed to own a V series car since they dropped the CTS-V back in the day. Have primarily been a Ford owner up till now, but am extremely excited to get into my first Cadillac and it be a CT4-V Blackwing no less!

Past Cars:
1999 SVT Contour - First Car - Hand-Me-Down with 200k miles - Dads car, then sisters, then mine
1994 Cobra Mustang - First car that I bought
2015 Mustang GT - Current Car

I'm Mark, 62 years old, Married 42 years, Born and raised in Detroit, Moved just outside of Daytona Beach, Florida 40 years ago. Was a dirt bike racer for 25 years, made it to Pro level, then went into Road Racing for 10 years then was a Road Racing Instructor for 7 years. Have been selling Honda motorcycles for over 40 years to support myself, my wife, her kids, my motorcycle racing and our toys. Been very successful at it despite everyone telling me it was a "dead end" career. (I don't talk to those people any more.) My Dad was one of the founders of the Woodward Cruise in Detroit when it started about 20-25 years ago. Him and my Grandpa were big car nuts too. (My Grandpa was the first guy to install a Cadillac engine into a Ford back in the 50's)

Have had lots of fast and cool bikes and many, many fast and cool cars, 70 Chevelle 396 SS, five Vette's, Indy Fiero, Dodge Charger, Trailblazer SS, Camaro SS, Mustang GT's, Porsche 911s coupe, Four BMW M3's, a BMW M5, etc. Currently in a 21' Mustang Mach-1 and waiting at 1100 since June on CT5-BW Manual. I'm very old but still HAVE to have at least one manual trans car in my life. (while they still make one)

Totally understand the shortages on everything right now in our world so I'm just patiently standing by for my new ride,(but its not easy or fun).

Sheldon - Williams Fordillac - Free Press 1950.jpg
Sheldon - Williams Fordillac - 10-1950.jpg

Last edited:
I'm a huge Honda fan myself! I had to give up riding 2 years ago because of back surgery.... I'm 56 and have been on a motorcycle since age 5....My wife did not like that I got my son into riding but she "kind" of got over it.... I purchased us a couple of Groms to teach him about riding on the streets and he loved it, and after that he got the bigger bike..

Attachments

• 64009CF2-025E-49F5-9F85-B8D0BC5E1D8F.JPG
    64009CF2-025E-49F5-9F85-B8D0BC5E1D8F.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 114
Last edited:
I'm Mark, 62 years old, Married 42 years, Born and raised in Detroit, Moved just outside of Daytona Beach, Florida 40 years ago. Was a dirt bike racer for 25 years, made it to Pro level, then went into Road Racing for 10 years then was a Road Racing Instructor for 7 years. Have been selling Honda motorcycles for over 40 years to support myself, my wife, her kids, my motorcycle racing and our toys. Been very successful at it despite everyone telling me it was a "dead end" career. (I don't talk to those people any more.) My Dad was one of the founders of the Woodward Cruise in Detroit when it started about 20-25 years ago. Him and my Grandpa were big car nuts too. (My Grandpa was the first guy to install a Cadillac engine into a Chevrolet back in the 50's)

Have had lots of fast and cool bikes and many, many fast and cool cars, 70 Chevelle 396 SS, five Vette's, Indy Fiero, Dodge Charger, Trailblazer SS, Camaro SS, Mustang GT's, Porsche 911s coupe, Four BMW M3's, a BMW M5, etc. Currently in a 21' Mustang Mach-1 and waiting at 1100 since June on CT5-BW Manual. I'm very old but still HAVE to have at least one manual trans car in my life. (while they still make one)

Totally understand the shortages on everything right now in our world so I'm just patiently standing by for my new ride,(but its not easy or fun).
64 here… never too old for 3 pedals

I’ll participate!

My name is Talia. I’m 40, live in Fort Worth. I negotiate for a living; bummer I won’t be able to negotiate this car.

Married to a very understanding husband and have one little girl. My glorified child hauler will be the CT-5 Blackwing and I’m not mad about it. Always loved hot rods. Grew up in Las Vegas and visited the 1/4 mile frequently.

I’ve forever wanted a CTS-V but never had the funds to do it. Then when I did have the money, I thought I was crazy for wanting to spend that type of money on a vehicle. Yet here we are…

My history of cars:

2000 firebird: navy blue
2000 Trans Am WS6 - black with purple ghost flames
2000 Trans Am WS6 - pewter and a total POS
2004 GTO - silver - I still miss that car
2006 CTS - also a total POS
2008 G8 GT - red and a badass ride
2014 Buick Regal - my mom car?

Current car: 2016 CTS-V sport - I got a smoking deal on this car. It had been sitting at a dealership for 2 years. 60 miles on it when I bought it in 2018. I negotiated the hell out of that one.

My history of cars:

Current car: 2016 CTS-V sport - I got a smoking deal on this car. It had been sitting at a dealership for 2 years. 60 miles on it when I bought it in 2018. I negotiated the hell out of that one.
Pontiac fan! Love it! (y)

Still have my 1994 Trans Am GT since new (26k miles - a true garage queen but tracked multiple times). First car was a 1988 Grand Am Quad4. Plus multiple Grand Prixs that followed.

I’ll participate!

My name is Talia. I’m 40, live in Fort Worth. I negotiate for a living; bummer I won’t be able to negotiate this car.

Married to a very understanding husband and have one little girl. My glorified child hauler will be the CT-5 Blackwing and I’m not mad about it. Always loved hot rods. Grew up in Las Vegas and visited the 1/4 mile frequently.

I’ve forever wanted a CTS-V but never had the funds to do it. Then when I did have the money, I thought I was crazy for wanting to spend that type of money on a vehicle. Yet here we are…

My history of cars:

I grew up in vegas too... I went to Cheyenne, where did you go?

Greetings all. 50 yr old, married, 3 kids. We live in Orlando (for now). I fly 737’s for a living with Southwest.

I have been a car guy as long as I can remember. My dad always had Corvette’s that we drag raced. Road course became my passion and I try to get on track 7-10x’s a year.

I plan on keeping the BW5 I have on order and passing it along to one of my kids. It may not be, but it feels like this generations ‘63 Split Window.

I'll get in on this. I'm 38, married with two small kids. I've always enjoyed driving, especially driving a manual. Over the last 15 years I've gone through:
07 Civic Si (manual)
13 BRZ (manual - and honestly my favorite to drive, it just wouldn't fit a baby seat and my wife at the same time)
16 WRX (manual)
19 RS3 (wish it was available as a manual)
21 m340i (the most practical of the lot, but also the one that resonated the least with me emotionally)

I've taken advantage of the crazy used car market the past couple years to get out of both the Audi and BMW at almost what I paid for them, which has allowed me to move on from them quicker than I anticipated. That said, I think my wife might murder me if I don't keep the CT4 a good long time.

I've been chasing that goldilocks car that's big enough to fit car seats, has a stick, is still fun to drive, and can work as a daily.

I also want to finally learn how to properly track a car, I've never been. I don't actually know anyone else offline who is into cars like I am, so I'm pretty excited that the blackwings come with that track experience.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back