Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Rear speaker shelf rattles like crazy with bass

CT5-V Model
I have the same issue. Pretty sure it is a screw washer or some fastener that is has actually fallen into the passenger rear deck speaker. Seems fairly complicated to get the speaker/grill out.

As another 'Dinosaur' owner (52 years-old), l love all the Pioneer / Jensen / 6"x9" references.

Sure would be nice if the AKG system had been properly designed. The cabin of the CT5BW is so quiet highway cruising, there are many times I miss having a nice system.

Unfortunately, I'm convinced there isn't an old-school remedy available via Crutchfield and a weekend of do-er-meself ingenuity. Via reading, I'm jealous of the CT4 owners, as I think they have a path for much improved low-end (and likely total system) quality with a trunk mounted subwoofer and a disconnect of the rear shelf speakers.

...and visually, it's an absolute insult when I play anything at some volume and look in my rearview mirror to observe it sssshhhhaaaakkkkinnnnnggggg.

As another 'Dinosaur' owner (52 years-old), l love all the Pioneer / Jensen / 6"x9" references.

Sure would be nice if the AKG system had been properly designed. The cabin of the CT5BW is so quiet highway cruising, there are many times I miss having a nice system.

Unfortunately, I'm convinced there isn't an old-school remedy available via Crutchfield and a weekend of do-er-meself ingenuity. Via reading, I'm jealous of the CT4 owners, as I think they have a path for much improved low-end (and likely total system) quality with a trunk mounted subwoofer and a disconnect of the rear shelf speakers.

...and visually, it's an absolute insult when I play anything at some volume and look in my rearview mirror to observe it sssshhhhaaaakkkkinnnnnggggg.
There is a solution and the skies the limit. For example, there is a high end audio place in Scottsdale that installed my laser jammer. When I was in there, my car was probably the least expensive car of all of them. Ferrari Lamborghini, Mercedes GT, you name it. A place like that can help you big time. Realistically I think you can do damn good for about 10 to $20K

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners