Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Rear reflector mod from amazon

Nope. Apparently I got screwed. I only have the 2 lights with a white plug (red/blue/blk/wht) wire. Nothing else in the box. I looked at the video on Amazon and I saw a double ended black plug. Is this what I am missing ?

Nope. Apparently I got screwed. I only have the 2 lights with a white plug (red/blue/blk/wht) wire. Nothing else in the box. I looked at the video on Amazon and I saw a double ended black plug. Is this what I am missing ?
Yup. I’ve edited my previous response and yes you’re missing the two wiring harnesses. It should have came with it.

OK. Thanks . I will be reaching out to the supplier and see if they can send me the missing pieces. It appears to be a Chinese manufacturer and it may be easier to just return what I got and reorder, hoping all the parts are there.

OK. Thanks . I will be reaching out to the supplier and see if they can send me the missing pieces. It appears to be a Chinese manufacturer and it may be easier to just return what I got and reorder, hoping all the parts are there.
I agree. I would return and re-order.

I'm halfway through my install. Just to add to Chinese Amazon mystery. I tried the lights with only the drivers side done and it won't turn on at all. Passenger side still works. Hoping to get the passenger side done tonight and we'll see what works and what doesn't

I'm halfway through my install. Just to add to Chinese Amazon mystery. I tried the lights with only the drivers side done and it won't turn on at all. Passenger side still works. Hoping to get the passenger side done tonight and we'll see what works and what doesn't
That sucks. Hopefully it’s something simple…Man I got lucky then with these lights as I didn’t have any issues.

Did the install today, went with the smoked red. Install was a breeze. Great find @Mikey_hux

Attachments

• black1.jpg
    black1.jpg
    717.3 KB · Views: 75
  • black2.jpg
    black2.jpg
    817.6 KB · Views: 72
Just received my second box and once again it was missing the sequential plugs. returning it to UPS tomorrow and NOT reordering. I'm tapping out on this one until another company pops up with better service.
I tried.
***Found a different company GeeGeeTop on Amazon and $15 less money. We will see what arrives in a few days.

*** DO NOT buy from " Ruici Lucky" on Amazon.

Last edited:
I received my GeegeeTop lights from Amazon today. They are correct with all the proper wiring and sequential plugs. Even came with the pry tool to pull the reflector......and $15 less than Ruici Lucky.
Now I will give it to my stereo guy to install. I don't trust myself with wiring jobs and I want it done right the first time.
Now I just have to hope that they work and last a long time after install.

Attachments

• 20240317_182758.jpg
    20240317_182758.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 29
Is GeeGeeTop smoke and red? All the pics on Amazon appear to be orange-ish

I didn't see a smoked lens available on GG Top site. I received red ones . I'm getting mine installed next week . I will then see how red they appear. The plastic looks like the standard red lenses on vehicles.

I have yet to finish my install. I'm actually considering returning them. The more I watch the lights motions, the more I am feeling it cheapens the car. Instead I'm thinking of just tinting the OEM's and call it done. I haven't drilled holes yet and not really feeling like I want to.

ETA: The thickness of them over the OEM is much different too. OEM still tucks into the bumper some.

@1Evil55 same, I’ve on the fence as well about installing them, however, my return window has passed, so stuck with them. If the original reflectors are not hard to remove, I may play around with a temp setup to experiment and see if I like or not.

@1Evil55 same, I’ve on the fence as well about installing them, however, my return window has passed, so stuck with them. If the original reflectors are not hard to remove, I may play around with a temp setup to experiment and see if I like or not.
They are very easy to remove, my 10 yr old helped me remove the passenger side while I did the driver. Given you need to reach up by the exhaust, I'd recommend installing when cool but otherwise the reflectors pop out when you press the tabs. The only "challenging" part of this install is punching holes through the plastic hole caps to pass the wire through. Once done, I sealed around the holes/wires with some Permatex Ultra black and called it a day.

Small hands and wrists are an advantage when removing the OEM reflectors. No tools required either. Should take less than a minute for both. Just know which direction of the tabs you need to move.

@Sully thank you for the details of your installation. For my temporary setup, I was going to cover the holes with my aluminum hvac tape. If I like, then I was planning of using the same silicone. Thanks again.

@1Evil55 my wife claims I’m good with my hands 🤔, so I should be able to articulate them for this exercise 🤓

Although the parts came with a pry tool, do you reach under the rear bumper and squeeze the black tabs to remove the reflector ? Taking mine to my auto electric guy on Wednesday and I want to give him as much info as possible.
Also does any of the trunk interior have to be removed?

Yup. Reach from under the bumper and you will feel the tabs. Look at the Amazon replacement to get the right orientation you'll need to push them out. Once the outside tab is freed, the other two will pop easily.

*****ETA: I know it's been mentioned already but I'll say it again. Do this on a cold motor********

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back