Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Rear reflector mod from amazon

Mikey_hux

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share incase anyone wanted to do this mod. Bought the sequential lights from Amazon.

LED Rear Bumper Reflector... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CF1YXC53?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Everything you need is in the package except for instructions. Installation is straight forward but requires to remove the side liners from the trunk to make installation easier.

Ordered a set last night and supposed to deliver by tomorrow. Would you say the smoke blends in well to the carbon? I like the murdered out look but contemplated the red just to match the tail lights.

Do they not have reflectors built into them?
The old reflectors doesn’t have any function other than being a reflector. The one from Amazon it’s sequential and lights up. Also when you turn your signal those lights will also light up. I’ve attached a video
IMG_4090.jpeg

have any function other than being a reflector
That's their entire point of existing: reflect light cast by external lights so that people can see your car is (parked) in front of them.

That's their entire point of existing: reflect light cast by external lights so that people can see your car is (parked) in front of them.
You’re right. To me though I didn’t like the reflector, besides my car is always parked in the garage or if I’m parked outside it won’t be in a double parked or in a street, I always park in a single parking spot, where they can’t park behind me.

Just ordered mine in red. I want to get the brake pulser for the third brake light also. I have the one that doesn't constantly flash on my Challenger and I love it.

Where did you run the wire through the body? Make a new hole?

I just received my lights and it looks like there are just two simple plugs to attach. I understand that the originals are just simple reflectors/ not lights. Is there alot more involved here than it appears ? Do I have to run the wires/plug under the car and splice or plug into some other wires somewhere ? Is it easier to do this up on lift ? I will be taking my CT5BW out of storage and will be installing these in a few weeks.
Thanks for any info. I want to get this right the first time without tearing up my car.

I just received my lights and it looks like there are just two simple plugs to attach. I understand that the originals are just simple reflectors/ not lights. Is there alot more involved here than it appears ? Do I have to run the wires/plug under the car and splice or plug into some other wires somewhere ? Is it easier to do this up on lift ? I will be taking my CT5BW out of storage and will be installing these in a few weeks.
Thanks for any info. I want to get this right the first time without tearing up my car.
The sequential lights come with two wiring harnesses. You plug one end to the taillight then the other end will have two plugs, one for the original plug and the other for the sequential tail light. On each side floor there is a black plastic cap. I drilled through the cap and that’s where I ran the wire from the sequential lights. Just make sure the exhaust is not hot as you may touch it while uninstalling the reflectors and installing the new lights. It’s easier to remove the trunk liners to be able to get to the tail lights plugs and to drill the plastic caps, just be careful when removing the right trunk liner as the SD card slot is in that liner, you will need to disconnect the two plugs that’s attached to the as card unit. I was able to work under the car without lifting it but it would be easier if you lift it so you can freely route the wire and zip tie as needed. I’ve attached some pictures. Before putting everything back, try the lights first to make sure it works. I’ve attached a few pictures, hope it helps.

Attachments

• IMG_4094.jpeg
    IMG_4094.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4095.jpeg
    IMG_4095.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4093.jpeg
    IMG_4093.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4096.mov
    15.3 MB
  • IMG_4105.jpeg
    IMG_4105.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4106.jpeg
    IMG_4106.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 50
I don't know if i received the sequential lights that I wanted. My set came with just one white plug for each light. Do I need to return these and order a different set ?

Attachments

• 20240312_184616.jpg
    20240312_184616.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
I don't know if i received the sequential lights that I wanted. My set came with just one white plug for each light. Do I need to return these and order a different set ?
When you open it further you should have 2 wiring harnesses for each tail lights. I’ve attached an example of the harness.

Attachments

• IMG_4637.jpeg
    IMG_4637.jpeg
    203.1 KB · Views: 21

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace