Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Rear Park Sendor Retrofit

I guess it's doing what it's intended to do. The sensor "sees" an object and wants to stop you. First time it did it, I though I hit something. Just annoying, but if you turn it off, no issue.

I guess it's doing what it's intended to do. The sensor "sees" an object and wants to stop you. First time it did it, I though I hit something. Just annoying, but if you turn it off, no issue.
Shoot, I thought you were joking! That's on me sir! LOL!

Not sure if I like that? Hmmm? My dealer hadn't done one yet so even they weren't sure when we spoke what all is entailed with the retrofit. They may have a tech sheet now that fully explains it, I'm not sure. I'm the first to get retro fitted for a Vee? Not sure what other lines may be included in this retro issue ie; C8's etc....Thanks for the feedback my apologies for the extra sarcasm!

If you pull in a little more slowly the system will warn you without the emergency braking... usually. Also, turn off the Auto Lock if you had it on… low speed maneuvers are smoother without it.

I leave mine on… I rather have it annoy me 1000 times than not have it save me the one time I had it turned off and did something stupid. 🥴

Does anyone know what part of the console they have to open up to replace the module for the retrofit?

Does anyone know what part of the console they have to open up to replace the module for the retrofit?
Supposedly they access it via the trunk under carpet of the wheel-well. At least that is what I saw on the 4BW.

Access thru the trunk on the passenger side rear quarter. Oddly enough the tech said the MODULE! was there however, he had to flash it and other parameters' as well.

Gott herrr done! Works fine.

Yes it gives you an exciting tickle on your ass when you come close to an object!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back