Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Rear Park Sendor Retrofit

thank you so much for that! finally got the recall notice on cadillac owner site. booked service at my dealer for a week and a half from now. hopefully they are able to get the parts in and don't cancel on me! it was infuriating not having these sensors since taking delivery at the end of June!

This is the system that makes my seat tickle my butt if I back into a space with bushes behind it?

I also saw the 'recall' posted in my Cadillac.com info. They do need to order the sensors, so can't get it done during my Monday oil change, but it will happen soon. For those needing the recall number it is: N222375790

Sure, release it now. I just got back yesterday from having the DRL recall done (and a battery issue that apparently isn't an issue). Interesting that the recall is dated 3/8/2023, so they must have just released it. Thanks for the heads up!

Having mine done on April 5th. My dealer said they don’t know exactly how long it’s going to take as I will be the guinea pig… 😬

Mine is in the shop for Parking Sensor retrofit, DRL Update, and a couple other things. I have high anxiety being away from my car @ZoomieZoom55 for real. My dealer/service also have issues so multiplies anxiety.

I believe I read somewhere it should be just under an hour to retro. But, of course, if they've never done it, perhaps a bit longer.

I made an appt for the retrofit as well. Dealer ordered the part, will call me when it comes in. Said they need the car for 1/2 a day. Hopefully this process goes smooth and doesn’t actually create any issues.

I made an appt for the retrofit as well. Dealer ordered the part, will call me when it comes in. Said they need the car for 1/2 a day. Hopefully this process goes smooth and doesn’t actually create any issues.
What exactly are the retrofit results expected when completed? Is this a bell and whistle? Brake sensing, screen sense alarm etc...? What improves when retrofitted? DWK?

We currently don't have functioning front/rear parking sensors. So no beeping as you get close to stuff.
Yeah, and there is some visual indicator on the dash cluster we are missing. Looks something like this. The heated steering wheel I could care less about (Florida) but the parking sensors are actually useful.

Screenshot 2023-03-27 at 7.16.33 PM.png

Well finally got my retrofit done along with first service. Yes dash where I normally have my fuel mileage info on right side shows that same basic screen in previous post upon start-up. I haven't really digged further as the dealer had me for 3.5 hours. I just wanted to get the hell out of there.
At least I got a car wash. The service rep was all apologetic. Said they had trouble getting necessary programming updated.

Well finally got my retrofit done along with first service. Yes dash where I normally have my fuel mileage info on right side shows that same basic screen in previous post upon start-up. I haven't really digged further as the dealer had me for 3.5 hours. I just wanted to get the hell out of there.
At least I got a car wash. The service rep was all apologetic. Said they had trouble getting necessary programming updated.
LOL, the first thing I tell them at the dealer is "do not wash". :) On a side note... I recently saw a video of a drive-into car wash that was basically a multiple foam cannon application and rinse. Nothing touched the car but water.

Yes sir! Get her done and run! Have you notice yet if there is an added braking feature to the parking sensors, like adaptive cruise? Or, is it just a visual and audible feature? Waiting for parts ordered, so I should get fitted here in the near future, finally.

Yes sir! Get her done and run! Have you notice yet if there is an added braking feature to the parking sensors, like adaptive cruise? Or, is it just a visual and audible feature? Waiting for parts ordered, so I should get fitted here in the near future, finally.
Mine is a manual transmission so only visual display and beeps. No active functions.

Have you notice yet if there is an added braking feature to the parking sensors, like adaptive cruise? Or, is it just a visual and audible feature? Waiting for parts ordered, so I should get fitted here in the near future, finally.
When I had my 4BW, I had to turn off the backup sensors with the button on the dash because when I backed into the garage, the sensor would "see" the door jamb and stop the car using the emergency brake.

When I had my 4BW, I had to turn off the backup sensors with the button on the dash because when I backed into the garage, the sensor would "see" the door jamb and stop the car using the emergency brake.
Guess I just have to cut a bigger opening for the garage! ;)

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back