Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Questions about the allocation process (again)

Throat Yogurt

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing N0460548
I have a few questions about the allocation process. I know this has been discussed ad infinitum but I have yet to hear the answers to these specific questions. Different dealerships are giving me different stories, and it is currently affecting my order/deposit(s). If you know the answer to these questions, please reply. If you are guessing, please let me refer you to several dealership sales departments because I think they are too.

1- What day (of the week, of the month) do dealerships get their allocations?
2- How far in advance does a dealer know what/how many allocations they are going to get on the above-noted day?
3- When a dealer gets an allocation, how long do they have to match it with an order?

TIA,

-TY

I have been told, but have no way to verify that;

1. Allocations are award on Thursdays.
2. Day of.
3. N/A

I'll share what I found from my previous searches for knowledge...

Consensus:

Twice a month GM loads their "Estimated Shipments" into the order workbench. They
determine how many of each product a dealer has "earned". Based on a "snapshot"
of their inventory, they consider their "adjusted day supply" (ADS) to the national
ADS. The dealer then reviews the estimated shipments and enters their 3 month
forecast and requested quantities and submit to GM. Unless GM has more capacity at
a factory than dealers request, the dealer is limited to what allocation they are
assigned. Dealers can turn down allocation, and those units go to dealers that have
requested more than GM estimated for them.

Final Consensus:

This is the amount of product the dealer gets after GM has reviewed their requested
quantities.

DOSP:

Dealer Order Submission Process is the weekly order cycle. On Thursday dealers can
place orders for units allocated to them. Orders must be placed by 9 PM Eastern
Time Saturday. Basically they have a three day window to submit orders weekly. If
you go to tour dealer and order on a Tuesday, it will actually not go to GM until
Thursday. But if you order on a Sunday, you have to wait for the following week to
get your order in on that coming Thursday.

The weekly process consists of 4 stages.

1. Constraints Distribution - Dealers are informed on constraints to review before
placing orders.
2. Dealer Order Submission - Dealers can order on Thursday, Friday or no later than
midnight on Saturday. ( You can submit orders earlier but you don't know the
constraints. A Constraint is a limit placed on a specific build configuration )
3. The 4-Pass Process - GM will attempt to place each dealers orders on Mondays
using a 4-Pass process. ( At this point a dealer may get more or less than was
allocated if they asked.)
4. Dealer Review-You can review your placed orders for changes or replacements
until Tuesday at 9pm ET. That's when the orders are sent for production.

Order Entry Available:

This is when GM Work Bench will allow you to build a car in the system. This isn't the
same as submitting an order to GM. Mainly the dealer has time to craft the cars they
might want ahead of GM assigning allocation.

I'll share what I found from my previous searches for knowledge...
Consensus:

Twice a month GM loads their "Estimated Shipments" into the order workbench. They
determine how many of each product a dealer has "earned". Based on a "snapshot"
of their inventory, they consider their "adjusted day supply" (ADS) to the national
ADS. The dealer then reviews the estimated shipments and enters their 3 month
forecast and requested quantities and submit to GM. Unless GM has more capacity at
a factory than dealers request, the dealer is limited to what allocation they are
assigned. Dealers can turn down allocation, and those units go to dealers that have
requested more than GM estimated for them.

Final Consensus:

This is the amount of product the dealer gets after GM has reviewed their requested
quantities.

DOSP:

Dealer Order Submission Process is the weekly order cycle. On Thursday dealers can
place orders for units allocated to them. Orders must be placed by 9 PM Eastern
Time Saturday. Basically they have a three day window to submit orders weekly. If
you go to tour dealer and order on a Tuesday, it will actually not go to GM until
Thursday. But if you order on a Sunday, you have to wait for the following week to
get your order in on that coming Thursday.

The weekly process consists of 4 stages.

1. Constraints Distribution - Dealers are informed on constraints to review before
placing orders.
2. Dealer Order Submission - Dealers can order on Thursday, Friday or no later than
midnight on Saturday. ( You can submit orders earlier but you don't know the
constraints. A Constraint is a limit placed on a specific build configuration )
3. The 4-Pass Process - GM will attempt to place each dealers orders on Mondays
using a 4-Pass process. ( At this point a dealer may get more or less than was
allocated if they asked.)
4. Dealer Review-You can review your placed orders for changes or replacements
until Tuesday at 9pm ET. That's when the orders are sent for production.

Order Entry Available:

This is when GM Work Bench will allow you to build a car in the system. This isn't the
same as submitting an order to GM. Mainly the dealer has time to craft the cars they
might want ahead of GM assigning allocation.
Thanks for this info! So if I am reading the "Consensus" paragraph right, a dealer will have some idea of allocations approximately 2 weeks ahead of time? And Final Consensus is what is provided to them on Thursdays? Or do they get Final Consensus info before Thursdays?

Last edited:
1. GM dealers get their allocations on Thursdays.

2. They don't know what they will get until Thursday. They can speculate based on prior sales and how many they've received so far etc but they have no way of actually knowing as allocations from GM are based on many factors and during these times any sense of normalcy has gone out the window.

3. They have until the following Tuesday to assign an order to the allocation, if a customer is on the list they will receive a phonecall from the dealership usually Friday or Saturday based on my experience. This also means you have to make sure you know what you want as once it goes past Tuesday the order will move to 3000 very fast which locks in your order. You can't change the order once it goes past 3000, which usually happens sometime after Tuesday to Thursday.

I have been told, but have no way to verify that;

1. Allocations are award on Thursdays.
2. Day of.
3. N/A
When my dealer called me to tell me they got the allocation it was a thursday. I had been the only allocation in 5 months at that dealer i felt lucky af.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back