Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Pulled the Tapout Bluebelt Trigger

Did the smell go away after some more driving? Any more issues with the CEL?

The smell was a small leak in the cross over pipe, I fixed this and the smell went away. The P0420 and P0430 mentioned above will still pop up now and then. They are easy to clear, but may just be something you have to live with if you do the down pipes, even catted, at least at this point.

The smell was a small leak in the cross over pipe, I fixed this and the smell went away. The P0420 and P0430 mentioned above will still pop up now and then. They are easy to clear, but may just be something you have to live with if you do the down pipes, even catted, at least at this point.
Noted. Thanks for the response! Looking at getting the catted pipes down the road (you know... if/when the car is delivered) but doing my due diligence in the mean time.

I can tell you the sound is awesome. Love the compromise with the cats, they are both very quiet when cursing but rip when you open it up and give it the beans.

Yep, its super easy. I also got the DTC assassin so I can clear in a couple of seconds. Its just part of my routine every time I turn off the car.
So DTC won’t permanently clear?

Is it true that O2 sensor removal invalidates the entire vehicle warranty? My service advisor is a cool guy but swore up and down that even doing a muffler delete, for example, and thus messing up the sensor, will get your whole warranty dropped… No questions..

Is it true that O2 sensor removal invalidates the entire vehicle warranty? My service advisor is a cool guy but swore up and down that even doing a muffler delete, for example, and thus messing up the sensor, will get your whole warranty dropped… No questions..
Muffler delete?? Your advisor is an ass hat, if you are worried about power train warranty a muffler delete won’t do anything to that. Now messing with 02 sensors and tuning is an automatic loss of power train warranty in most cases “if” discovered, which is plainly stated in every tuners legal disclaimers.

It caught me off guard, because he's one of those guys who goes above and beyond to help me out. Got a free oil change, tire rotation, and car wash because he felt like it last time I went in. (My 4th so far, so not the freebie you get".

He said that a muffler delete will trigger a CEL due to there being O2 sensors back there that get removed or messed with I don't recall. He said this would instantly void the vehicle's warranty.

I was always under the impression that little mods like that have no affect on the warranty (ie, my mufflers didn't cause me to throw a rod so the engine should be covered)

It was just interesting to hear

I can tell you the sound is awesome. Love the compromise with the cats, they are both very quiet when cursing but rip when you open it up and give it the beans.
@WONT TAP
Any benefit of adding a Crossover Pipe, to the Stock DownPipes?

For those of us who don't want to endure Code Resetting and the Aftermarket DP install?

@WONT TAP
Any benefit of adding a Crossover Pipe, to the Stock DownPipes?

For those of us who don't want to endure Code Resetting and the Aftermarket DP install?
There is no need for a crossover pipe when you're running OEM cats. Adding the crossover eliminates all rasp and drone when the cats are removed for off road competition of course.

The catalyst inefficiency DTCs P0420 and P0430 are caused by the ECM realizing the factory cats are no longer in place. The crossover pipe doesn't have any impact on this issue.

There is no need for a crossover pipe when you're running OEM cats. Adding the crossover eliminates all rasp and drone when the cats are removed for off road competition of course.

The catalyst inefficiency DTCs P0420 and P0430 are caused by the ECM realizing the factory cats are no longer in place. The crossover pipe doesn't have any impact on this issue.
For the catted DP's... What if the bungs were spaced out about an inch to pull the secondary o2 out of the flow a bit? This could be enough to fool the ECM to think the cats are scrubbing better.

For the catted DP's... What if the bungs were spaced out about an inch to pull the secondary o2 out of the flow a bit? This could be enough to fool the ECM to think the cats are scrubbing better.
Lots of people have tried all sorts of fudging along these lines, but we haven't heard of anyone outsmarting the E99 ECM yet.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back