Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Pulled the Tapout Bluebelt Trigger

Going the full Monty with the JB4, Catted downpipes, T-Body... Going to stick with the stock plugs, but a new set on the way which will be gapped to 0.026". Photos and info to follow in the coming days.
In CA? I guess any smog worries are a few few years out with a new car.

As long as the DP's don't cause codes, should not be an issue. But yes, no smog for 8 years.

We received your order and will ship tomorrow. Normally we ship same day, but we just sold out of downpipes, and the next batch got delayed. Was supposed to arrive today, but the freight company rescheduled for tomorrow.

@WONT TAP

Any info on swift springs for ct5bw? Do you guys have any other pkgs planned?

Thanks

@WONT TAP

Any info on swift springs for ct5bw? Do you guys have any other pkgs planned?

Thanks
Yes, we have a prototype set of Swift springs for CT5-V Blackwing that should be ready in the coming weeks.

Yes, we are planning to start developing CT5-V Blackwing performance packages as our next platform. Please feel free to post any input you have for us in this thread:

This little tool was very handy.

IMG_5005.jpg

Got the Catted Downpipes installed. Other than it was a PITA, mostly just to disconnect the upper O2 sensors, that was half the battle, going back together was not bad at all.

OMG it sounds good! No CEL yet, but just put 30 miles on it. Got to travel some tomorrow so will have about 250 more by the end of the day.

Dont ask me how I drove it up the ramps.

IMG_5019.jpg

69050098082__6BC2FD4A-CF72-4C97-87BA-05E924B85BE9.jpg

Triple swivel for the win.
IMG_5024.jpg

IMG_5021.jpg

IMG_5022.jpg

IMG_5025.jpg

IMG_5027.jpg

Just did a test drive to check it out, just the DP's and Green Filters, have not done the plugs, TB or JB4 yet.

Even just throwing in the plugs and the JB4 will give it the gusto. You can do that in about an hour.

Think I may hold off to do the JB4 until I have the TB, so I can do the TB, plugs and JB4 at the same time. The hard part is out of the way at least. Yeah, it would have been easier with a lift, but duable from the garage floor.

Got the CEL on day 2 at just over 100 miles on the car since the pipes installed. I drive 125 miles / day, so see how it goes the next few days commuting to work. Hope it resets and clears. The new Cats and pipes still giving off a strong odor when hot, so hope they just need to cook a few more days to clear up.

Got the CEL on day 2 at just over 100 miles on the car since the pipes installed. I drive 125 miles / day, so see how it goes the next few days commuting to work. Hope it resets and clears. The new Cats and pipes still giving off a strong odor when hot, so hope they just need to cook a few more days to clear up.
The JB4 will clear codes for you too. My catless downpipes trip it every 100 miles or so, but it takes about 20 seconds to clear them with the jb4 app.

The JB4 will clear codes for you too. My catless downpipes trip it every 100 miles or so, but it takes about 20 seconds to clear them with the jb4 app.
Yep, its super easy. I also got the DTC assassin so I can clear in a couple of seconds. Its just part of my routine every time I turn off the car.

Last edited:
Its the catless downpipes. The JB4 alone won't throw the code.

Will the JB4 alone throw a code, or is it the downpipes that do it?
JB4 alone does not set codes. It's the downpipes that trigger DTC P0420 and P0430 for catalyst inefficiency.

Did the smell go away after some more driving? Any more issues with the CEL?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back