Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

PSA Regarding Bayed / Shipping

It means you are gonna be stuck in the black hole called the railyard. Mine is stuck in the same place. Caddie customer care told me today there is significant congestion at that yard and mine is delayed with no eta

It means you are gonna be stuck in the black hole called the railyard. Mine is stuck in the same place. Caddie customer care told me today there is significant congestion at that yard and mine is delayed with no eta
Does this mean there is not enough train cars, or a loading problem?

Do you guys know if Cadillac dealers are allowed to arrange for their own transport from the plant or yard?

Mercedes dealers can arrange and pay for transport from the vehicle processing center at the port in order to expedite delivery for the customer.
That would be great if it were an option. I'd prefer to trailer it home myself.

Just checked my status again and shows "paired" Another BW in the black hole!

This is where I'm sitting...

Screen Shot 2021-11-24 at 10.22.12 AM.png

You better be sitting in your dealers office signing your paperwork. Time to drive!
Actually his car was delivered to the railyard in michigan, same place mine is right now. I spoke to Caddy customer care yesterday and there is "congestion" at the railyard which is delaying most cars.

According to some here and elsewhere, logistical issues currently. No trucks, no drivers, etc. Thanks Brandon.
Really? Are we going there again. Let's blame Brandon for everything since the age of time and be done with it. The other Brandon didn't do anything to help THIS situation when he had the chance. Dang it. Now you made go political which doesn't belong here. Sorry

Lighten up Francis. The world and country could do us all a good service and get back to working like we used to. I'm tired of the politics like everyone else. The problem is nothing seems to be improving. Typically in the past, the guy at the top was to blame. I don't know what has changed?

Lighten up Francis. The world and country could do us all a good service and get back to working like we used to. I'm tired of the politics like everyone else. The problem is nothing seems to be improving. Typically in the past, the guy at the top was to blame. I don't know what has changed?
Correct. A year it was the guy at the top.

Actually his car was delivered to the railyard in michigan, same place mine is right now. I spoke to Caddy customer care yesterday and there is "congestion" at the railyard which is delaying most cars.
I stand corrected. Where is the glossary for all these different codes like we have for the build process?

Blackhole sun, won't you come..​

As of November 24, 2021, 10:06 am Eastern Time

Camaro6 User Name: VIN
AsnDate = November 22, 2021, 1:46 pm Eastern Time
BayedDate = Null
DealerName = DV LANSING VDC CN YARD
DeliveryDate = Null
Description = Pending
Destination = LANSING, MI
DestinationId = 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
DestinationType =
DispatchedDate = Null
PairedDate = November 23, 2021, 5:35 pm Eastern Time
DocumentCount = 0
FreightId = 0451591533
LoadId =
Origin = Grand River GM Plant
OriginId = 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
OriginType =
TripNumber = 0721327013
VehicleStatus = Paired
VinNumber = XXXXXXXXXN0810205
DocumentList =
RelayInformation =
ShippingNoteId = ec702a2b-6959-4e7d-a30c-4f98b5c435c8​

The problem with the Yard is my car still shows up as being there and I've had it since early sept. but Burn813 and I had our cars in the Yard for a long time before we did get them.

Jack Cooper doesn't track anything outside of their purview. This means if GM uses JC to move a car from the Lansing Grand River plant to a rail yard, that is as far as it will be tracked. If JC is responsible for the final mile, you will see another set of details that show final mile delivery. Here is an example of what I am talking about with my personal car:

View attachment 4851
As I mentioned here, JC is only a small part of the equation... and they will only show the parts that they are directly responsible for. If the car is at the yard, there are a few options to see when it moves next... Working with your salesman to get VINview working (not always accurate), Figuring out what the train company id is (usually found in details in VINview) then calling the tracking number as mentioned other places and listening to the progression of the train car. Last option (and one most dealers won't do) get them to turn on OnStar and use the app to track where the car is.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back